1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta The Unusual Suspects: Maybe Negan Killed Someone We're Not Expecting?

Discussion in 'Speculation Archive' started by Doctor Grimes, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATWDEnthusiast

ATWDEnthusiast Wearing a Necklace of Ears
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Even though the show put in clues to make it seem like it could be nearly anyone in the lineup, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be Carl now, as I think about it.

Though possible evidence is there, it's also there for almost all of them. If Carl's age has become a problem they could always send him off for a while to another community.

Not to mention that if Gimple is so serious about staying true to the comics, killing Carl takes it a completely opposite direction. So, if anythibg, it's probably just more trolling and a way to sucker us into continuing to guess and speculate.

The worse part is I told myself I wouldn't let myself get sucked into it, and look at me. Lol...

2. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't know why I never considered this as an option. I know it has been mentioned many times here that there will be a second death by hanging, and many people have mentioned Father Gabriel as an option for a death in 7x01. I just couldn't work out how. But the idea that he's already there, hanging, when Rick and Negan arrive, makes sense to me. I hope you're wrong. Father Gabriel is growing on me - I like the idea of a priest embracing his ability to kill the walkers and the villains, but I also like the actor's expressions when Rick is mean to him. I think their developing friendship is an interesting one. So this makes me sad.

Rachael, candi18z and Katbird like this.
  3. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Could they have Tara and Heath, too? They, the Saviors, seem to be everywhere!

ATWDEnthusiast likes this.
  4. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I thought it was suppose to be a "dream sequence" with Rick and Negan?

WoodEroc76 and Katbird like this.
  5. WoodEroc76

WoodEroc76 Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I would like to see them take some big chances like this. It would break the show out of a rut & throw predictability out the window. I love the comics, but I like the show being a different beast altogether. Some key plot points they have been sticking with, but there's already been some major deviations from the comics. I just hate the whole "fan favorite status keeps you safe" angle and the "well, this is how the comics are" arguments. Those comments take all the fun out of speculating for me.Taking out Carl or Daryl would be something I'd think would be exciting to see. I do think it will be Glenn if it's not Carl or Daryl, though. Aaron being the LV would be a slap in the face.

6. slade3

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My understanding from the info we have from TSDF is that Negan actually takes Rick on a road trip in the RV to the bridge where the Library victim was hung. He beats him and torments him and Rick starts to hallucinate. He hallucinates a dinner scene with all of TF, including the LV and Carol and Judith and Glenn and Maggie's baby as a toddler (to show that this is the future). What we don't know is why Negan takes Rick on the road trip. I don't think we know when the beatings start. To be honest, I'm not sure there was any distinction as to whether the road trip is part of the hallucination either, but I believe it actually happens.
    If I can find RocketDog's original post, I'll post it here, but it's probably in one of theFilming Discussion threads.

WoodEroc76 and Barbarossa-TWD like this.
  7. slade3

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    @Barbarossa-TWD, this is all I could find. If I find anything else, I'll tag you in the filming discussion thread.

This is from NinjaPancake's compilation thread. There was a mention from another poster who was trying to compile everything that the RV scene is reality and happens after Rick's dream-sequence. I guess you get the picture though.
    A sort of dream sequence was supposedly filmed. It's rumored that Rick will have dreams/hallucinations about happy times in Alexandria in the form of a dinner party that includes everyone in the group (even the Lucille victim) . It seems almost like a "What if this never happened, and Negan never existed" scenario... What would the future be like? This scene is also rumored to feature a Gleggie baby. Sounds like a nice happy moment that will make the aftershocks of the Lucille incident even more emotional. Joy! If this all turns out true then Gimple really is going to kick the fuck out of our feels. No mercy...

WoodEroc76 and Barbarossa-TWD like this.
  8. WoodEroc76

Walker Pets:
    I may have found a way to tie the hanged man scene back to Carl. In "What Happened & What's Going On" Glenn finds the bat and Rick tells him to break the chain with the bat.This should free Glenn because he broke the chain. We all know the Carl theory leading up to this point. He gets a center shot in the scene & looks up at the hanged man before he gets back in the RV. Rick is shown directly under the hanged man.

Both hanged men in the episode had their right eye closed & the left opened. They could represent Carl. One from the comic, the other from the show.

In the Darcille theory the X on the man is a smoking gun. Aaron volunteers to shoot the chain and break it, but Rick says it won't work. The chain should represent the events leading towards Negan's arrival. Thus, pointing towards Carl or Daryl . Glenn lives! Hopefully...

#168 WoodEroc76, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  9. candi18z

candi18z Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    I agree with everything in this post.

slade3 likes this.
  10. WoodEroc76

Walker Pets:
    More food for thought on Carl...He was the only true "innocent" in the lineup. In the war with The Saviors he's the only person there that hadn't harmed or killed any of the Saviors. In the comic, Glenn was innocent when he was killed....

11. candi18z

Walker Pets:
    I like Father Gabriel too, and I hope its not him, but RD/Ninja's spoilers seem to point to a second character being killed. I don't think that anyone from the lineup is on the roadtrip with Negan/Rick, because RD would have mentioned that another member from the lineup was taken with Rick. It makes no sense for Negan to take Rick on the road trip unless he has something that he wants Rick to see. Father Gabriel would be the only character not in the lineup who's death would cause Rick's breakown. Rick would assume that Judith is dead as well, but it is likely that Father Gabriel would hide her before The Saviors get him. RD/Ninja also mentioned a walker in the road trip scene, which leads me to believe that the person is already dead by hanging and becomes a walker as Rick/Negan arrive.

Rick's dream sequence is of Team Family all dressed up happily having dinner together. The LV and the hanging victim will probably be in the dream sequence.

slade3 likes this.
  12. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    When I saw the wall of logs in the road somehow I was immediately reminded of the wood fence at Hilltop.

Jesus was so proud of their fence that he told Rick that they didn't need bullets or guns because "our walls hold".

Why would Negan have his people put up that huge wall if it did not have a specific meaning? Was he trying to say that he has control over Hilltop ???

Each stop must have a meaning, he signalled that he captured Daryl and Michonne with the chained walkers wearing Michonne's vest and pierced with Daryl's arrows... the question here is why not also show that he had captured Rosita and Glenn? How does Negan know that Rick is closer to Daryl and Michonne?

I'm guessing is that the wooden wall represents Hilltop. So if there is another hanging then it will come from Hilltop as they are the ones who told Rick about the Saviors.

Just guessing.

zahira, candi18z and WoodEroc76 like this.
  13. ATWDEnthusiast

Patron

Walker Pets:

I promised myself that I'd not torture myself with more speculation, but this one thing has been nagging at me. Rick seems to have the hero "get out of jail free" card ( or at least nearly free). Other than Lori, he still has two members of his immediate family. NO OTHER person in TF has any living blood relatives with them. Not Michonne, not Glenn, not Maggie, not Darryl, not Morgan, not Carol, not Sasha, not Rosita, not Abe, not Tara, not Eugene. We've even watched a few of them lose their family on the show.

Rick has only lost Lori, and there have been close calls for his children and himself, but he always seems to get out of it. And thinking about that makes me worry and wonder that the writing staff may soon want to revoke his hero "get out of jail free" card. It may not be with Negan, but it could eventually happen. Because they continue to stress that no one is safe. But it almost seems like its becoming a "no one is safe, except for Rick and his children" kind of situation. His lovers and love interests can go, but his kids are safe. Just wondering if the writers have even thought about or considered that and what their eventual plans are for that. We know that's the entire premise--that Rick does everything to survive and keep his family safe, but it seems everyone else's families and children are fair game on the writers' chopping block.

WoodEroc76 likes this.
  14. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah he so had that get out of jail free card. I feel one day he will have to pay the price or it starts getting unrealistic.

Katbird and ATWDEnthusiast like this.
  15. ATWDEnthusiast

Patron

Walker Pets:
    And though I think the theme of the show is about Rick keeping his family safe, it 's also about creating a new family in the new world that is free of the hindrances of the past.

They've pieced this family together, TF, without regard to shared ancestral blood ties, shared cultures and races, to create a new family with one of the strongest bonds ever, together. And it is entirely possible that the writers could have decided to create this cliffhanger to create a clear demarcation between the old world, where Rick has the last piece of his old life--Carl--and the new world, where he has his newly created family which he loves and fights for as well(because if Carl is gone, technically Judith may not even be a blood relative, so she too is part of this newly defined family they've created).

(But, I'm probably overanalyzing it, and I'm sure the writers have no desire to stray that far from the comics, nor upset the fandom, but, it was just a thought. I think it would add much more dimension to the story, but hey, I'm just there to watch them tell their story the way they want to tell it. I'm just along for the ride)

chaundee, WoodEroc76 and Tisha Grimes like this.
  16. WoodEroc76

Walker Pets:
    They could be doing this. Thinking about the Claimers scene and the red rover chain. Only Daryl & Michonne's items were in that chain.
    Nothing from Glenn & Rosita. Terminus & Jesse were called back, too. Rick was able to save Carl from the Claimers, Daryl was part of them. Daryl is most likely taken by Negan & this time Rick & Michonne are helpless to save him. There's a lot of things that are starting to point towards this happening. It will make for a powerful story, if it is true.

Katbird likes this.
  17. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    What if Maggie is already dying because of the miscarriage ? i mean a dead "baby" Inside of her . the blood of the dead fetus could mix with the blood maggie and she will die because of the fever and then she will turn.

18. candi18z

Walker Pets:
    If Glenn is the LV, it is possible that Maggie and her baby could die as well.

19. richonneallday

richonneallday Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    O-shag-hennesy office haha

20. ATWDEnthusiast

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Thought I'd resurrect this thread since the recent SDCC. Hope this is the correct place for this post.

I don't usually care to cause my head to spin wondering who is going to fall victim to Lucille, but the Comic Con interviews has my spidey senses tingling, so I'd thought I'd bounce the crazy ideas off of you guys to see if anyone else saw what I thought I saw. If not, hey, it wouldn't be the first guess I've gotten wrong.

But watching Lauren Cohen's body language at most of the interviews now has me wondering if she's the LV.
    I noticed she has been seen filming for the season, but is there any way that's to throw everyone off? Or could she just be there to watch other castmates' performances?

Could they have made both Maggie and Glenn LV's? Or Maggie instead of Glenn?

Because LC was clearly attempting to hold it together and hold back tears during the EW interview, but at the same time SY looked stressed too most of the time.

When SY mentions the issue 100 moment being iconic at the full panel she shakes her head as if disturbed.

And could it explain the kiss on LC's cheek from Norman during the IGN interview?

Not to mention the body language of other castmates when LC is asked questions. Everyone else is clearly uncomfortable, as well.

And Chandler almost seemed to slip up too during the EW interview, followed by a glance at Gimple by CS.

And could Glenn's final fake out dumpster death have been because they planned to switch up the LV to be Maggie instead?

Anyway, was just wondering if Maggie could have been another unlikely candidate for the LV after all.

So, either I'm really good or really bad at reading body language. o_OWe shall see in October, I guess. :laugh:

#180 ATWDEnthusiast, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.