1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article The Walking Dead’ Review: Congrats, Daryl, You Just Helped Negan Win

Discussion in '6x15: East' started by MamaGrimes, Mar 28, 2016.

1. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    In this season’s penultimate episode, Daryl embarked on a costly mission that may prove to be far more than he bargained for. [Warning: Spoilers]

“East,” the last episode before The Walking Dead introduces its skull-bashing villain Negan, is mostly an hour of half-baked heroics that devolve into contrived crises. One after another, six survivors barrel out of Alexandria (all at the same time, leaving the town dangerously vulnerable to attack) and maneuver themselves into harm’s way. Morgan chases Carol and Rick chases Morgan, while Daryl storms off and Glenn, Rosita, and Michonne follow. Everyone nearly gets killed, four people end up captured, and nobody gets what they came here for.

With heroes like these, who needs villains?

Read the rest here.

I think this review speaks to many of the problems we had with this episode.

2. michonne

michonne Protecting Glenn Rhee
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    "With heroes like these, who needs villains?"

That alone sums it up pretty well lmao

and this:

"And now we come to the curious case of Daryl Dixon, who functions this week as a kamikaze bundle of angst and spectacularly bad judgment."

3. Joan Holloway

Joan Holloway Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    And so it begins...
    [​IMG]
    The tide is turning and hate is beginning!

4. LunaFall

LunaFall Founder of The Bunker Bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Good to know it wasn't just us seeing the problems with this episode.... and Daryl getting some blame for his nonsense for once, wow...

5. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The Daily Beast is nothing to sneeze at either. This is fantastic. I hope more major blogs/publications start posting material like this.

Let the tide turn begin! :crydaryl:

6. Truthfully it's love

Truthfully it's love Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    "Daryl knew from their last encounter that he’d be outnumbered. But he runs off anyway in order to…what? To deliver an impassioned speech? Magically fire arrows into all 15 or so men? Nothing he does here makes any sense." :lol::lol::lol: Drag him

Michele, Clutterbuck, Chaos and 6 others like this.
  7. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Loved this review. Not only does the writer call out Daryl's stupidity but Carol's as well. Everything that happened this episode could have been avoided if only those two had stayed home. If anyone but Daryl gets Lucilled I hope the fandom turns on him.

Michele, TakemetoRick, Chaos and 7 others like this.
  8. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    :lol:

And again, like Carol, Daryl’s been around long enough to know that two or three of his friends would inevitably come after him—but he “doesn’t give a shit,” to use his words. Glenn, Rosita, and Michonne, three of Alexandria’s most essential defenders, end up at the mercy of Dwight and the Saviors because of Daryl’s personal, pointless vendetta.

SERIOUSLY.

This review was perfect in how hard it dragged Daryl's ass and pointed out the logical flaws in Carol's escape attempt.

9. Truthfully it's love

Truthfully it's love Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I really do love the fact that this article is unbiased. It doesn't try to slander Carol & Daryl, yet it shows the major issue with their choices and how it screwed everyone else in the long run. Possibly this is the glimpse people need to awake from their rose-colored glasses. But then again, on TTD GA where more concerned about Daryl than Negan so ... :|

10. sleepywitchysamurai

sleepywitchysamurai Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    " [Carol] she has to have known they’d send someone to bring her back, no matter what instructions she left in that letter."

Again, an illogical move on her part. Why for the love of god leave the note with Tobin. She couldn't find Rick or Daryl, any of team family to explain herself. To prevent the shenanigans that ensued.
    Then we have this one :crydaryl: he has not had a decent storyline for a while now. And if anyone mentions Grady and :beth:, I will scream. The part that bothered me the most, when Glenn and Michonne were trying to talk sense into him and he appeared to be listening. I really almost believed he would abandon his reckless and pointless mission.

*At this point, I'm relieved as it appears Glenn, just might live*

11. LaToya78

LaToya78 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I agree with everything in this article i had the same feelings and blamed both Daryl and Carol for this

Chaos and MamaGrimes like this.
  12. Armte

Armte I Drink and I Know Things
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    Let's hope articles like this discussing Carol and Daryl negative impact on TWD continue to roll in. Maybe Gimple and AMC will finally get a clue.

My favorite quote " thus offering both characters an alternative to leaving town like lunatics, the show sent Daryl into a self-sabotaging spiral"

Michele, Chaos and DaisyRey like this.
  13. justwaittilligetthru

justwaittilligetthru i believe in you, rick grimes.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm 100% in agreement with this article. This questionable/convoluted writing TPTB keep churning out has got to end...

Chaos likes this.
  14. Chaos

Chaos Richonne 2KForever
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    YES BITCH!!!!!!!!!!

We are finally making some fucking progress!!!!!! Folks are seeing the light and finally understanding that the true "King and Queen of the ZA" are fucking up and making things worse all on their own. Nice!!! Carol was dumb for leaving given it was pretty obvious that someone would come chasing after her dumbass and Daryl was a fucking emo wreck that caused the capture of other characters. I'm glad the author of this article has clear eyes and can see fault in these characters because some folk act like they can do no wrong.

I like this.

Delightfully Thomi likes this.
  15. Nerdgasm

Nerdgasm Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Like logic was thrown all the way out the window last night for those two characters.
    I respect this review so much.

SevenStars likes this.
  16. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It's interesting how the author put the Richonne Sneak Peek on their article, but give no mention to the fact that Rick and Michonne are separated as well after they write down "After a short, sweet moment of bliss [...] Maggie and Glenn are separated again."

Delightfully Thomi likes this.
  17. LaToya78

LaToya78 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Ive seen people on Facebook and YouTube who have criticized or said there tired of Daryl and Carol something along those lines

WalkerVoodoo likes this.
  18. Freyja

Freyja Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    Yessssssss praise :jesus:!!!!! Couldn't have said it better!

I am so fucking tired of Rick always being blamed when things go bad!!! Daryl's been pissing me off lately and this is the last straw. Don't even get me started on Carol because at this point I'm done with her.

If Daryl can't stop behaving recklessly/acting illogically/suffering from constant man pains all the time, then he needs to die imo and I say this as someone who still likes him somewhat. It's putting everyone at risk. If someone else dies because of him I hope it follows him till the end of his days and I hope the fandom turns on him because it's becoming unbearable now :ugh:.

LunaFall likes this.