1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article 'The Walking Dead' Cast and Crew Pay Tribute to Steven Yeun

Discussion in 'Glenn / Steven Yeun' started by Deep_Ricking, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Deep_Ricking

Deep_Ricking I like it raw.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Lauren Cohan on Steven Yeun
    "Steven brought me on to the show. He's the first person that I hung out with. The day I got there, Steven, Sarah Wayne Callies, and myself went for Korean barbecue, and I remember I got to Georgia and I was wearing a flannel shirt and it was July and they were like, 'Yeah, you need to buy some T-shirts.' I also remember that year we went on Fourth of July to watch the fireworks and the sky opened. Oh my god, it was pouring rain! And we all left and everybody ran out with jackets over their head and we all went to Steven's house. We got out the guitar and we just started singing, and Steven sang a song and Emily sang a song. We were all borrowing Steven's clothes and sitting around his apartment on the Fourth of July with it pouring rain outside. It was like college. It was our first big hangout.

Steven has been a leading man professional on the show without ever having been any of those things before being on the show. You know what Steven is? He's ride or die: You know he has your back. Everything that we see in Glenn is what Steven brings to him, and that's that steady heart. I'm so excited for him knowing he's going on to do amazing things. He's the most professional gentleman and the silliest, funniest goof ever. And Steven's still alive! So that's good."

Andrew Lincoln on Steven Yeun
    "Steven is not only just an incredible actor, one of the most decent, funny, and beautiful guys I've ever had the fortune of meeting. He's also one of my dearest friends in life. Period. And the prospect of him not being here, it's left a huge hole in the show. The prospect of returning next year is bleaker because of his absence. His departure was seismic. And we all felt it. He is one of the founding fathers of this show. His fingerprints are on every part of it. It's his humor I'll miss most of all. He's just got this knack of saying exactly the right thing at the wrong time. It's absolutely beautiful, and I'll miss all of it. The wonderful thing about being in this job is seeing someone grow up on screen and become this astonishing leading actor in his own right. Rick's relationship to Glenn was he's the funnier, better-looking, smarter younger brother that he never had — which is exactly my relationship with Steven."

http://www.ew.com/gallery/walking-dead-tribute-steven-yeun/2800301_lauren-cohan-steven-yeun

ReeciePiecey, slade3, C-Ben and 7 others like this.
  2. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is so sweet and hurts. I love this cast.

3. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I love hearing these little tidbits from the cast. They're all so adorable.

4. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I saw Lauren's comment on tumblr last night and it made me cry, that story is :hearts:

Oh, you. :lol: I will forever wish we could've truly seen that relationship between Rick and Glenn.

C-Ben, gmc_vitamind and LunaFall like this.
  5. CDCsuzy

CDCsuzy You will, I will
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I remember at the Premier of season six at MSG there was a picture of Andy helping Steven with his tie.... so sweet.:hearts:

6. LunaFall

LunaFall Nabila went all Hershel on us
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I've never seen a cast so tight knit and so loving. Steven's absence hurts.
    Still, I'm glad that he's able to get out there and get work. I'm looking forward to what the future will bring for him.
    trying to be positive, but I'm still crying on the inside.

Gekari likes this.
  7. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  8. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    The tears are streaming down my face, which has my kids worried and wondering if I'm ok. lol ugh.. this is such a beautiful tribute. Thanks for sharing.

Denie39 likes this.
  9. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Your welcome I found it on a Walking Dead fan group I am in. Thought this was a good spot for it. It made me cry too.

Denie39 likes this.
  10. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    DGs post brought me to tears in the middle of the freaking mall, man. When I meet her tomorrow I'm gonna give her the biggest hug of all, and tell her to tell SY that we'll always miss him/Glenn on the show. #cuethewaterworks

11. sims24

sims24 Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    i still cry about Glenn to this day and my heart has this certain type of pain whenever I see him on even think of how SG Rk could have used his character in the show if they knew how to write his character or even how he didnt even get a true bottle episode that focused on his life as a pizza delivery guy with his parents and his sisters.... like how come we cant have that and why couldnt the scene be a flashback too?? Like seriously.... I miss Steven on the show too b/c as a black girl I know its hard for people of color to get jobs even as famous and amazing as he is its like really come on I just want the best for him in career but I miss him and i get sad when I think about we wont have anymore scenes with his character and thinking about how he should still be on the show....