1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead Comics (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic' started by Butler36, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Butler36

Butler36 What?
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is the place to discuss Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic books. Please note that past, present, and future issues may be spoiled in this discussion. Reader beware.

[​IMG]

Susannah Dean and michonne like this.
  2. Mewchonne

Mewchonne Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I'm in love with the comics. Mostly with Michonne. I can't get over her. I even fucking ship Richonne in the comics. Woe is me.

3. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Does anyone know off-hand how many issues (or volumes) of the comic make up one season?

4. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well, it's very hard to say, because the pacing of the show is all over the place in comparison with the comics and of course they add brand new arcs which stop the comic progression.

Season 1 was pretty much the first volume (6 issues).

Season 2 was stretched terribly (they were on the farm for only 2 issues in the comics and a full season on the show...), so the entire 2nd season is based off a couple issues in volume 2.

Season 3 hard to say since Prison Arc played out very differently than in the comics, it definitely starts at volume 3, but it's hard to say where it ends since differences are really big (I'd say somewhere around volume 6).

Season 4A ends exactly at the end of issue 48 (volume 8), and 4B starts at issue 49 (volume 9) and ends at volume 10.

Season 5 starts with volume 11 (Hunters arc), Grady arc is show-original so no comic arcs there, season 5 ends during volume 13 (issue 77 ended exactly where season 5 ended).

Entire 6A + 6x09 is based on volume 14 ("No Way Out"), and 6B is based on volumes 16 and 17 (season finale will most likely be issue 100). Volume 15 was mostly skipped (thanks, time jump...).

Flower1petals and Shown like this.
  5. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Me too. Lol

6. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Thanks. I just feel like we're going through source material fast. Not like that matters, as the show will slow down in some points to breathe. Just curious. Thanks

7. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    http://www.thewalkingdead.com/the-walking-dead-156-cover So this is going to get interesting.

And who is Eugene talking to on the radio. Ugh...he is going to give away too much info. He needs to go find someone and tell them. And the person knows his name! What does it mean?

8. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What the hell is going on in this cover. I hope it's tongue in cheek because the first time we get a female villain, she might get romantically entangled and possibly usurped by Negan? Ugh.

Shown likes this.
  9. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Right!? Like she just can't just be a great villian without a male counterpart. I hope he doesn't take over and start calling the shots.

michonne, Shown and Gooey Goobert like this.
  10. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I so wanted it to happen :(

11. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm such garbage that I'm excited for Negan x Alpha. #EndMe :trash:

Alpha is just such an interesting "villain." I fully know I don't understand her motivations yet, but I appreciate how complex and strange the whole Whisperers situation is. TWD comics are at their best when they're getting super weird with human psychology, like the prison days.

Mullet of Lies likes this.
  12. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Yep, I didn't think I would like it, based on some of the readers reaction, especially on here, but I actually do.

13. Mousey

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Gotta necro this for issue 154 because HOLY CRAP. (spoilers incoming, just a hint even though it's in the thread title :zipped:)

So last we left off I was mocking myself for being :trash: because I liked the possibility of Negan x Alpha, and I wasn't wrong. That last scene where they meet is pretty brilliant. Yet again the art jumped up another notch or two with this issue, and I couldn't be happier, since faces were more expressive, more evenly rendered, all sorts of nuances that sometimes go missing in the digital version. KEEP IT UP TEAM.

But yes, sometimes I find Negan annoying, but his banter with the Whisperers was some of his better material. Proves he continues to have good insights when it comes to people, even if his bluster is legendary by now, lord.

Rick and Andrea reuniting gave me the most interesting interaction between them in YEARS. :lol: I hope she flies hot in his face because of his new leadership style, and we're done with Randrea once and for all after her bragging to Maggie and his thinking they really get each other on a deep level despite the canon not supporting this at all lmao (don't mind me too much, just being a hater #ComicRichonneDeliverUs).

A-A-ron :gabe: I hope he doesn't die but it doesn't bode well. Michonne too is in a pretty nasty spot, but I think she'll make it. Him talking with her about romance was another big indicator that she's going to probably find new love, a real one, a person who she can finally stay with and open herself up to emotionally. Aaron's just more metaphorical fuel for that fire.

I'm also still digging their new direction with Carl. Maybe it's just because I'm glad the boy gets ANY STORY since I'm so used to TV tablescraps though. :coffee:

14. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    i am worried about Michonne

15. Mousey

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I think worst case scenario she'll be kidnapped and used as a bargaining chip in the upcoming war. (scott gimple dat u writing the comics now too :lol:) I just can't imagine Kirkman killing her off yet, since as badly as he writes for her sometime, she's one of his special chosen characters. But, ugh, I hope nothing bad happens to her if she is captured. She's been though enough :gabe:

zahira likes this.
  16. Gooey Goobert

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]
    Am I the only one reading into this? :negan:

Mousey likes this.
  17. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    the whole Randrea will always rub me the wrong way and the fact that readers ( mostly males) thinks it's a great romance makes me laugh

Mousey likes this.
  18. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Oh Eugene. I know you're lonely now that Rosita is gone, but damn! He's telling it all. I find myself saying " shut up " out loud while I'm reading it.

19. Misty Knight

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I wonder if Negan will have a hand in "saving" Michonne and maybe Aaron (if he doesn't die). Sometimes it's hard to tell when Negan is serious and when he's full of shit and he has a code, but will he still stick to his code w/o an army to back him up. I'm really curious how he's going to react to the fact that Alpha allows rape in her community.

And I'm Richonne trash in all medium forms, I'm itching for Randrea to end.

Mousey likes this.
  20. Gooey Goobert

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I feel like that's what we'll get in issue 200 or some big landmark like that. Ever since that "we don't die" mantra came out, I feel like Kirkman would be dick enough to kill either. At first I was convinced it would be Andrea, but I can't tell if it was my imagination or an actual interview (LetterHacks?) where Kirkman stated he could kill Rick and have Carl take the mantle. I don't think Carl is ready enough to carry the story forward yet, but Carl's aging up and Rick's withered state makes me go hmm...

I don't want that though. And I love Andrea and Richonne, so I don't know which I'd want.