1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead Comics (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic' started by Butler36, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Mullet of Lies

Mullet of Lies In Red Swim Trunks We Trust
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Really enjoyed 157. I feel like the last few issues have been super slow until the last few panels but this one was enjoyable all the way through.

Eugene just shot himself in the foot telling Stephanie his location. Nothing good can possibly come out of this. Also I have a feeling Hilltop is going to get attacked hard by the Whisperers - they most likely have people watching all the communities and saw that a good chunk of people left Hilltop, leaving it vulnerable.

This is going to get good.

Flower1petals and Doctor Grimes like this.
  2. zombie_ronin

zombie_ronin Richonne's turning me into an emotional sap...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard kick off "The Whisperer War" this week in "The Walking Dead"#157, and to celebrate, Arthur Adams has provided a variant cover featuring Michonne for the storyline's kick off.

But he's not done there. Image Comics has released the rest of Adams' "Whisperer War" variants -- six in total -- which combine to create a single, epic image stretched across "The Walking Dead" #157-162. Below, check out all six covers, which find Michonne joined by Rick, Carl, Andrea, Negan and more as they clash with the walker skin-wearing Whisperers.

[​IMG]

More info and individual images can be found here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...epic-interlocking-arthur-adams-variant-covers

Mullet of Lies likes this.
  3. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    What is Eugene thinking. Everytime he says something, I want to shake him. It has me intrigued though. I really want to see who it is.
    I'm sorry, Alpha's head or not, Negan is going right back in his cell. There is no way I'm letting him go.

Susannah Dean and Mullet of Lies like this.
  4. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    All this talk about Jesus/Aaron and look what I missed. Come on, comic, let them get together already and for the show to follow suit (quicker).

Also, why in a million years would it seem like a good idea to have Negan outside of his cell especially in a time of chaotic war? Why, Rick, why? :rickwtf:

5. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Issue 157 was actually good. Finally going to get some action soon. Rick trusting Negan is interesting since it really could go either way. Looks like Dwight and Magda will be a thing and I love that Aaron and Jesus had a nice tease too. There maybe hope for that coupling after all. Michonne leading the Kingdom sounds like there will be drama so looking forward to when that finally starts up. I think Eugene totally fucked up by giving out their location.

Flower1petals likes this.
  6. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I've been wanting Negan to be Dead for about four years now, so anything that drags out his "story importance" is unimpressive to me. :|

I basically only read the comics for Michonne now, although I do like some of the other characters, like Jesus and Maggie. I'm hopeful that Michonne will survive the coming arc since she's got stuff to settle with the Kingdom still. Looks like it might be harder for her to take her place as Queen with those randos that just got introduced...

I'm like 90% convinced either Rick or Andrea is going to die this arc. >.> I take everything Kirkman says with a grain of salt (or an entire mine of salt), but he has stated that he thinks other characters could carry the book now and that Rick isn't going to survive to the end (granted, he has also made a statement that Rick, Michonne, and Carl would be last characters in the final issue). He might kill off Andrea, but some stuff surrounding Rick has thrown up red flags for me, like how supportive he's been of Michonne lately. Kirkman doesn't like to let Michonne be happy. :/

Gooey Goobert likes this.
  7. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  8. nat_richonne

nat_richonne The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    In the back pocket of Michonne's tight jeans.
    I don't like the idea of comic Andrea dying especially since Show!Michonne is supposed to get some of Andrea's arc. And I refuse to believe Kirkman. Rick is going to survive!T_T

9. Mullet of Lies

Mullet of Lies In Red Swim Trunks We Trust
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Right in the freaking beginning too. Ugh. :gabe:D:

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  10. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm done with this comic :gabe:

11. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That was so weak. I expected something better and not nearly so self induced. The show better not take this exact path. :gabe2:

12. DaisyRey

DaisyRey This Is Different
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm so bummed. :gabe:

13. The Last Big Kat

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Same! I mean, I like comic Andrea on her own, but I'm 50000% more invested in her continued survival because of what it potentially means for show!Michonne.

14. DaisyRey

DaisyRey This Is Different
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My theory is that one of the two, Andrea or Michonne, will die in the comics, and that it may be soon. At first it made me worry about show Michonne, but then I thought that since show Andrea is gone, that it will just make the comic match up with the show...that one of the two is gone. I go back and forth on who I think it will be though. But I feel like show Michonne isn't going anywhere.

coffeebean and The Last Big Kat like this.
  15. The Last Big Kat

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That's a good point about the comics and show matching up!

I feel comfortable with both Michonne's fates at least for the immediate future - comic Michonne fits in a unique position right now with the Kingdom stuff. Hypothetically, Kirkman could kill her off to make Rick sad and force him to choose someone else to send to the Kingdom. The tension with the Kingdom and Rick/whoever he sends would still be there, but then he would have wasted all the build up with Michonne/Ezekiel. So I feel like she's safe at least until the Kingdom arc really plays out. Also, given that Andrea's his girlfriend, Andrea would be the more natural target for making Rick sad.

I'm most worried that Andrea or Rick will die since most of Andrea's plot centers around ASZ stuff that Rick could do, and vice-versa. Kirkman could kill of Rick so Andrea would then inherit all of the ASZ and all his enemies and such, and Michonne would have more reasons to be miserable.

The main plot point I see keeping Rick alive at this point is his conflict with that Negan fellow, though I suppose Carl and Andrea could carry that as well, if Kirkman thought it'd be an interesting angle.

Onto the specifics of this new issue, I was happy to see Pete! Kinda wish he'd stuck around, I liked him in the Michonne game and low key shipped him with Meesh because I'm weak thought he made a good friend for Michonne. Maybe Siddiq will have a meaty role in the upcoming arc.

Also loving that the Aaron/Eric matchmaking is still happening. Fingers crossed for both of them!

The Whisperers are some scary shit. The battle so far reminds me of a scene from the book version of World War Z, with the soldiers mowing the zombies down in an organized fashion, except the Whisperers introduced a more chaotic and unpredictable element.

DaisyRey likes this.
  16. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I'm confused by your reaction

17. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    :gabe::gabe::gabe::gabe:

18. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Oh nevermind, I get it now. T_T:gabe:

19. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I didn't realize who that was! WELP

20. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I'm like did that really happen like that? And right in the beginning. So weak. Story was intense though. I thought for sure there was going to be another major death. Whispers are some freaky people. Hiding among the dead is genius! I think it's going to be Andrea to bite the bullet when this arc is over. I like the idea Daisy had of it catching up to the show.

In the letter hacks, it was stated that there will be major events happening next issue. I hope it's about Eugene's lying ass. Telling Rick he's got nothing cooking. This is going to backfire on him majorly.