1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead Comics (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic' started by Butler36, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Mullet of Denial

Mullet of Denial Drowning in an Ocean
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh without a doubt. Just kick us when we're down!

2. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I found it, but thanks

3. Mullet of Denial

Mullet of Denial Drowning in an Ocean
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Just finished 161. I feel like they're setting Eugene up to get killed next issue :eugene2:. Also thought shit was not looking good for Carl for a hot second. Then remembered his plot armor and moved on. 162 is going to be an insane bloodbath, I just know it.

4. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Kirkman making me think Carl could die for a hot minute :rant:

Eugene's gotta stick around at least a little while, I think! He's still got that radio plotline to play out...

But yeah the end of this arc has gotta have at least a few deaths...:sadrick:

And the Saviors wanna take Alexandria, so my Negan-takes-over-the-ASZ spec was like partially right. :omg: (Haha he cried over his stupid bat lol...:sy: suffer)

Maggie standing in front of her burning house was iconic. And sad. :(

The kids were all badass this issue :hearts:

5. Mewchonne

Mewchonne Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Well I am beyond excited for the final issue of the Whisperer War. I have a feeling with the lack of death in the past issue, this one is going to be a blood bath.

There was no Michonne in this issue, which made me do a pretty massive sad. But in other news, they won't kill one of the biggest characters in the series with only one issue to go, especially if she wasn't in the last one at all.

6. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Ok so I have to say that I'm disappointed with this final chapter of the Whisperer War. I was so certain we were going to get something big happening (besides the oncoming mega-herd, I was hoping for a death ) and nothing. I was so excited going into it.

And was this issue shorter than the others? I felt like it ended quickly.

7. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    So, what's the take on that ending of today's issue? :omg:

8. The Last Big Kat

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    From my experience in the Bunker, looks like some might believe Andrea:

1. might be immune
    2. was bitten by a Whisperer
    3. is gonna die

Given Jesus and Michonne's sort of indirect role in the herd she got bit in...there might be some drama in the future. :dalewtf::omg:

9. Flower1petals

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Oh shit! This was a great issue. I'm so glad Eugine is going to have to talk about the radio and who he's been talking to. So many close calls for a few different characters. When all out war ended, I was a bit let down. But this makes up for it.
    Sorry but I think I'd rather see her die lol. We haven't had anyone die in awhile ( except Morgan, which was just ridiculously done). I have to say I really love Maggie in the comics. I hope to see this version of her on my tv screen soon.

All I know is this Rick/Negan crap is really going to get on my nerves, if this story makes it to tv. That's at least 3 seasons of Negan.

10. The Last Big Kat

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Negan :tired:

I had Eugene high on my list of characters to die after he gave away their location to his radio friends, but maybe not. Andrea might be a "big enough" death to hold over Kirkman's bloodlust for awhile. Assuming she does die and it's not some sort of fake out, of course.

I won't be terribly surprised if/when Andrea dies. I was kinda banking on her or Rick tbh, and leaning more towards her as Rick seems to have more potential plotlines open. Andrea might have had a plot if Rick died and she had to take over his role. Plus "woman dies for manpain" is the go-to edgelord way to handle things. :sasha: Although h onestly my emotional reaction to all this is basically just the :omg: emoji. :omg:

The bit in Letter Hacks that mentioned Maggie would find out that Rick let Negan run free reminded me that she doesn't already know....even more drama :omg: I'm starting to wonder if Rick just likes having Maggie punch him out. :omg:

:omg::omg::omg:

Flower1petals likes this.
  11. Kordas

Kordas Den Mother
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am pretty sure the Andrea thing is a fakeout but then I look at issue 167 cover and synopsis and I'm not so sure :omg:

[​IMG]
    "Is it possible, could it be, that the inevitable can somehow be… avoided? Rick and Andrea have a tough decision to make."

12. The Last Big Kat

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah when I heard about the bite I was more inclined to think it might be a fake out, but when I read it I was more sure she's toast.

But hey, she might be immune, and that'd be a whole new direction. :mags: and she saved Eugene, so that act might end up resulting in him being able to make a REAL cure or vaccine. :omg:

Paint me skeptical that Kirkman wants to go in that direction but hey, that'd be new, and "We Don't Die" indeed. Plus Kirkman was trolling with his "Or will we [lose Andrea]?" comment in the Letters this issue. :omg:

Maybe the cover and synopsis is a little *too* obvious :omg:

13. Flower1petals

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I forgot Maggie doesn't know about negan being free. Drama for sure.

The Last Big Kat likes this.
  14. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I think if Kirkman's gonna pull a twist out of it, it'll be a Whisperer bite. I've always been hoping against hope that he won't make natural human immunity a thing in the story, or at least not until it's nearing the very end, and if it turns out to be one of his pet characters, I think I'll scream, lol.

All signs point to her dying and that's the only reason why I hesitate to believe it. That cover feels like baiting but who the hell knows? Maybe this is the one thing they aren't doing that on purpose to mislead.

15. The Last Big Kat

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, I feel like Kirkman isn't going to pull the immunity card. The Whisperers with their fake walker schtick are almost asking to have a bite fakeout arc though. Andrea's fakeouts continue :omg:

If he did go the immunity route, it actually might make an interesting side arc - it would take a long time to develop a reliable cure, and they could never be sure who was immune or who wasnt until actually bitten - which might make for more drama like Andrea and Rick will be going through. The development of the cure would take awhile too, and they'd need the lab, materials, time, scientists/technicians, and test subjects/samples to make it work. With everything else going on, finding a cure wouldnt be an immediate concern. The "test subject" thing might make for some drama too, with people having to volunteer themselves, potentially sacrificing their lives to Science.

I don't know if Kirkman wants to get into all that though. There is certainly already alot on everyone's plate, and maybe he never wants to "cure" the virus anyway.

I am also suspicious about how mich Andrea's death seems to be focused on - with the cover and synopsis, and the trolly bits in the Letter Hacks. It could be a sales move - to get people interested and buying comics, especially since this would be the first major death in awhile, and everyone was expecting one at the end of the last arc. Maybe it's to generate "reader trust" again, since people didnt get their big death when they expected it.

It could also be a sales move and a fakeout. Or a sales move, and Andrea is Ellie from The Last Of Us :omg:

Mousey likes this.
  16. Jenna Alaki

Jenna Alaki Fell of the spoiler-free wagon for 716
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm a bit late but woah to the possible Andrea bite. I don't think it's a fake out though. I actually wondered who would go out first between Andrea and Michonne. Hopefully we get a definitive answer in next issue and Kirkman doesn't drag the 'is it a bite' question out too long.