1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead Confessions #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctor Grimes, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    New thread for us to confess our deepest, darkest fandom secrets (or whatever).

[​IMG]

Anything you want to get off your chest?

2. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That gif is hilarious in this context. :rickgrin:

3. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I thought it was fitting. :gabe2:

My confession: it grinds my gears when people call the actors "trolls" or say they're "trolling" when they could very well be giving their genuine opinion. I know it drove me up a wall when Andy was called a "troll" for saying he wanted Richonne to happen, when it seemed pretty clear that's what he truly wanted. People don't dare say he was "trolling" now in retrospect, but damn.

Similarly, I think it's unfair to say Khary Payton is "trolling" Carzekiel (I've seen this a few times). Like... why is it trolling? I don't get it. Because people don't want to believe he actually wants the two characters together?

The only one I would say is truly "trolling" (and I hate that word anyway) is NR -- and solely because I don't honestly know what his opinion is because he has contradicted himself a few times.

4. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine One of the good things
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Wait are they now calling Khary a troll? He has come off as nothing but genuine in regards to answering questions and conjecture when it comes to the show. I wish ppl would just say it's fine that he ships it doesn't mean it will happen instead of trying to make it seems like he is trolling or attention seeking in some way by showing his support for Carzekiel. They can be in denial about the future of that narrative all they want but honestly the cards are already laid out on the table with Zeke clearly showing interest.

5. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    "a few times" You're being generous this morning. :negan: Fandom tends to pull out the "trolling" card when they don't like what they're hearing because it's a quick way to discredit what a person is saying. Either that or they're already up in their feelings for some reason and they need a target like the time that Caryl shipper called Andy a troll for saying he liked the chemistry/tension/I don't care enough to remember between Daryl and Carol. :sasha:

6. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    "Beautiful restraint" :negan: at least I think that was it

MamaGrimes and Clutterbuck like this.
  7. Mullet of Denial

Mullet of Denial Drowning in an Ocean
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I can't believe, of all places to confess this, I'm about to type this one out here.

*breathes in*
    I wasn't a fan of TV Michonne in the beginning.
    (OH MY GOD PLEASE DON'T BANISH ME)

Before y'all jump down my throats - know that she is one of my favorite characters now. I've seen the light. When they first introduced her to the show though, I just was not thrilled with how they were portraying her. I was Team GN Michonne all the way. I thought "welp, here's another female character on this show RUINED because of poor writing." It wasn't really until 4B that I really started enjoying her character and her writing (thanks Gimps). But, as I've gone back and rewatched this show more times than I can count, I can appreciate where her character started and how far she's come.

However - like I said above, she's one of my favorites now (definitely my favorite female) - we just had a bit of a rough start. :flirt:

8. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I confess..... I did not see chemistry between Glenn and Maggie. I thought they were a cute couple but just that.

But with Richonne the way they stare at each other even across a field or the way they alter their breathing when they are near each other or talking about each other ...I can literally feel their chemistry coming through my TV. I think this is why I never shipped Gleggie (I'm sorry) :embarrass:

9. Marcie69

Marcie69 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    That's interesting! I loved her from the beginning but I think that was a personal thing. I am a shy, quiet person and it was nice to see a silent and strong woman take charge!

10. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I confess I was mad at Michonne in the beginning for the simple fact that she saved Andrea and by the end of S1 I was ready for Andrea to die lol....S3 happened though and my wish came true lol :laugh:

11. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Confession:
    6A wasn't *that* bad. The only episodes I skip are 6x05 and 6x06 [I honestly couldn't tell you what happened in this episode; any episode that features only Daryl is sure to be a snooze fest]. I've watched the other episodes over and it isn't as bad as people make it out to be. *shrugs*

12. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Forgive me but I think Bethyl was hinted at because it may have actually become a thing. I actually think they had chemistry and played it as a thing. I think they were maybe gonna go there but changed course to avoid controversy. Granted Beth was suppose to be 17/18 but hell that's legal in most of the south and it is the ZA. I'm not saying it's not a big jump and deserves raised eyebrows but I actually wasn't disgusted like some were. Did I or do I ship it? No. But I am annoyed by this ship because of their fandom.

Not all, but a large demo of Bethyl fans are some of the craziest shippers ever, not because I think the ship has no basis but because a lot insist it was canon (they were never a couple), a lot are at war with Caryl, Desus and any other ship they irrationally think is a threat, a lot think Beth was way more important a character than she was (she was a symbol more than a compelling main character), think EK a way better actress than she was (effective for he role but same claim she was Emmy worthy) and a lot think Beth is still alive and will return (they see signs everywhere that don't exist). A lot also seem to support Jessick so that is side eye city enough right there. It's like the two most delusional ships being besties. I just can't.

13. lovingdead

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I will say AL is extremely handsome and his speaking voice and way with words do something to me... but he isn't no Rick Grimes. It's just not on the same level for me. Something about him in character trumps AL 100 fold. I do lust after AL as well, but images of him don't effect me like images of Rick. I see AL and I'm like, wow that is one fine, beautiful man. I see Rick and I wanna strip us both naked and declare playtime.

14. lovingdead

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm taking a break from TWD social media and am only on this site for now. Until the season starts again I want a break from the fandom drama. I don't even participate in that drama but just being aware is toxic. Until there are new episodes most of the posts are rehashes of what has already happened or been posted about already so I'm not missing much. Plus, if anything truly great is posted I can rely on you guys to share.

15. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I confess that I'm actually happy about taking my car in for an oil change and tire rotation tomorrow because that means I can be on this site judgment free while I wait. :notlooking:

16. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My only problem with what KP has said about Carol is that he made it sound like she was a piece of meat. That always is a turn off when a man says yeah I went to see this women to get laid. Not cool.

17. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I wasn't in the fandom when all that went down but when I heard about it, it made me feel icky.

lovingdead likes this.
  18. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Bethyl was the worst thing to ever happen to TWD and its fandom.

Mermaidforever likes this.
  19. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    @lovingdead "I see Rick and want to strip us both naked and declare playtime" is so damn funny and so damn true, even for tis senior citizen:eek::eek:

@SweetDee85 I confess the same thing about 6a, but I also skip the Morgan episode, but I also confess that I liked 5b but in the rewatch skip over some parts. You really miss so much if you just dismiss the entire half seasons.

I confess that I never saw Daryl as a love interest for Beth or Carol, I just don't really see it at all. While I joke that maybe he should be with Rosita, I actually don't see him with anyone.

20. Truthfully it's love

Truthfully it's love Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I confess my hatred of Andrea.