1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead Confessions #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctor Grimes, Dec 28, 2016.

1. MrsG

MrsG The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    OMG!! LMFAO! :ripme: Poor Rosita.

box5angel likes this.
  2. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I loved Rick as a character from the beginning, but did not think of him as sexy or hot.

It was during the Nebraska episode with the stand off and take down of the two thugs in the bar that I sat up and took notice. Hello Rick Grimes! Since then, for me, Rick is by far the hottest man on TV and films imo.

That love scene with Lori revealed a lot about the dynamics of their relationship. There was love but no passion or true connection. They were just going through the motions. What a difference between then and now!

3. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My headcanon on this is Rick knows Michonne can handle herself. I think he sees her as a mirror image of himself in some ways and he respects her on a level that no one else can reach. (To me, he couldn't be with a woman he felt he needed to rush out and find, or help. He doesn't want a damsel in distress. Not anymore.)

But I think he fights with himself not to show her how worried he is about her. Like in 7x05, I think he really wanted to ask her to come with him on the run, but didn't want to show her how much he needed and wanted her with him. And in 7x07, when he was caressing the walkie talkie - I don't think he would have wanted her to see that.

Now my headcanon does not explain why Rick would rush out to find Carol if Carol is such a force of nature. I'm going to assume all that fresh air in that farm yard was getting to his head and he was just talking sh*t. My new headcanon is Rick doesn't even remember saying that.

4. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    i confess that the hair of Daryl in season 3 was better than now

5. Ms.J.Richonne

Ms.J.Richonne "You can smile now"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I confess I do not like Zen Morgan. He annoys the ish outta me. Season 5 he was always around judging Rick and not killing folks he should have killed. And his bottle episode bored me to death. He annoys my soul, be gone already.

Rickdickulous Trash likes this.
  6. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Honestly I think Rick mostly went after Carol because they just wanted to have the Morgan/Rick arc completed by having a convo that showed Rick and Morgan coming to an agrer to disagree point. Their arc was an underlying theme throughout season 6 and it needee to be wrapped up before he left for the Kingdom. They also wanted Rick to be in the RV meeting group after group of Saviors until he was finally trapped to build tension and to let the audience see Rick go from 100% confidence to absolute terror. That wouldn't have happened if he was at the train tracks looking for Michonne. Rick being in the RV also allowed his first true cracks to show when he discovered the Saviors had Michonne. I don't think it had anything to do with a Carol vs Michonne thing at all or Rick not worrying about her.

Rick was shown being scared to death about Michonne
    [​IMG]
    And if Maggie hadn't gotten sick, he would have gone to look for her.
    As a leader when Rick has to decide who to help or which situation to take care of, he takes into account all of the variables. Carol was alone and possibly crazy (I mean who leaves a safe community talking about I love you but I can't kill?) Maggie was sick and Michonne was with Glenn and Rosita looking for Daryl. Michonne was the safest out of the three. I think Michonne would make the same decision to take Maggie to the doctor or look for a crazy Carol wondering the streets by herself if she knew Rick was with two other members of TF.

As for the force of nature comment...for Rick who met Carol as a timid, abused woman and then was saved at Terminus by her, he may very well think that´┐╝:denise:
    I don't think it's a slight to Michonne for him to compliment other people and it's canon that despite their complicated history, he cares for Carol deeply like he does all of those in TF.

The only problem I had with that scene was Rick saying he felt differently about her killing Karen and David....that just didn't make sense knowing some of those with the flu survived:tara:

7. slade3

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here in reference to my comment. This may best be a response to the original post, which I've added below (the full original post can be found on page 2 of this thread, I believe).

I've never said Michonne was being slighted, or that Rick hasn't shown concern for her. I did write that my headcanon is that he doesn't want Michonne to see how worried he is for her, which is a different opinion than the one you're attributing to me. I made no mention of Maggie in my comment and, for the record, have never questioned why he made that journey. And as far as Carol is concerned, I did not imply Rick doesn't care for her. Clearly, he does. I still think his "force of nature" comment was OOC, as well as his reference to Karen and David.

If we were discussing what the writers' intentions were, as far as Rick and Morgan completing their arc is concerned, I would not respond with a headcanon comment. I would make a response that concerns the real world and plot, not the fictional world the original posts were referencing.

8. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I confess I wish Season 6 would have been more about Rick and Morgan and their differences.

9. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I meant to include both quotes in my post. I was reading along and then clicked reply and started posting without going back and adding the other one in.

MamaGrimes likes this.
  10. Toinfinitywings

Toinfinitywings Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:

I don't see them putting him with anyone for a while. I think Enid will die and the girl from Oceanside will eventually end up with Carl.

11. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I confess whenever I see the preview commercials on AMC for 7B, and I see
    Rick and Simon racing side by side
    , I always think of Grease when Danny Zuko and Craterface are drag racing. :lol: And I don't even know if those two scenes in TWD are related. :p

12. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This made me giggle. Now when I see that scene I will think of this.

box5angel likes this.
  13. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Grease is my favorite movie, and as soon as I saw that preview, I thought of it instantly. XD

14. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It is my favorite too. Maybe Rick and Org's song can be Grease Lightning.

box5angel likes this.
  15. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    True. :lol::lol::lol: I can see it. :roflmao:

Tisha Grimes likes this.
  16. LivingAsMe

LivingAsMe ~Rejecting Negativity, Embracing Positivity~
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I confess it's the new year and the first thing I see as I log on are people debating Jessie still being a factor/issue to Richonne. Sometimes I wonder if this is about proving to haters Richonne's better or something. Some will never change their minds about Richonne. They will diminish it in any way they can. Now if tptb were listening to those voices and Richonne got shortchanged, I'd understand. However, we've seen the complete opposite; we witnessed a variety of emotions, conversations, and development between the two. This was just 7a and based on spoilers 7b will be even better for Richonne. This is what matters: Richonne's here to stay.

[​IMG]

17. grimesfan2501

grimesfan2501 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    Here's a thought. My head cannon explains it this way. Rick actually went to accompany his friend Morgan so Morgan would not be out there alone. He was not actually chasing after Carol. (BTW I like Carol). This is evident because all the while Morgan was driving you can see Rick had Michonne on his mind. That face was of a man in love worried about his woman.

Also, I agree that even though he was worried for her safety, in the back of his mind Rick knew that Michonne can handle herself and she had Glenn and Rosita, two very capable people with her. And if they actually caught up with Daryl., better yet. I believe that is why he did not jump in a separate car and go after Michonne & co.

18. slade3

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I like it. (I love the gifs of Rick in the car with Morgan, thinking and worrying about Michonne.)

Yeah, I definitely feel Rick knows Michonne can handle herself and that she wouldn't want him coddling her. I think he'd like to protect her, but knows she wouldn't want that (or need it).

I wouldn't mind some exploration of Rick's instinct to protect Michonne (and Carl) warring with his attraction to a woman who doesn't need his protection (not to mention his love for his son, who is taking on many of her traits).

I'm looking forward to 7B to see how Rick and Michonne handle a dangerous threat now that they're a couple. They were dealing with the saviors in 6B as a couple, but I don't think they knew how much in love they were with each other between 6x10 and 6x15. While Rick has often shown signs of distress without Michonne before they got together, I don't think he was aware of it having anything to do with his feelings for her. I think he now knows that he really can't handle losing her. And though none of this has been made canon (at least I don't think it has - just implied), I really love this side of him. When he loves, he goes all in and shows it.

19. LivingAsMe

LivingAsMe ~Rejecting Negativity, Embracing Positivity~
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I can't believe I have to come back in here about this. I don't see the point of shipping or supporting Richonne if the Anderson arc bothers you so much to the point you have to talk about it daily.
    [​IMG]

20. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    As another poster stated in that thread, members on this site became involved in the fandom at different times and many may not have been a part of the debates that went on during the Anderson arc live so they're playing catch up now. I think we should afford them the same opportunity to get things off their chest that many of us have already done.

For some fans, the Anderson arc was very troubling because it showed a side to Rick that was not appealing and may have cast doubt on his ability to have forge a healthy relationship with Michonne and they may still be working through those doubts.

As long as the posts stay in the proper thread, we're good.