1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead Confessions #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctor Grimes, Dec 28, 2016.

1. LivingAsMe

LivingAsMe ~Rejecting Negativity, Embracing Positivity~
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Based on what I've seen, those posters need too much convincing of the Richonne pairing being acceptable. And if a person disagrees, they find something else to nitpick and discredit Richonne. If the portrayal of the relationship hasn't convinced them, especially the moments leading up to the msf, I don't know what will. No one here will be crucified if they don't like the Richonne pairing so they don't have to force or convince themselves they like it or hate it. My issue is that evidence has been continuously given to explain why Richonne is on solid ground after the Anderson arc. Honestly with what we've gotten so far in 7a and with this being a new year, I didn't expect to see this topic over and over again. No matter how you dissect it, nothing will change about that arc. Richonne has moved beyond it and are building their lives together.

Everyone does have their own opinion which is why I said mine in regards to how this topic seemed to have bring up a lot of negativity. I've seen more people defending the ship in the past few days than celebrating it.

2. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't fault people who keep discussing it as they have that right to discuss whatever is on their minds, but personally, it does get tiring to see it all the time, especially if you watched that arc live. I know for me, I really don't care to see Jessie being discussed at every turn when the topic/arc has been discussed, dissected, and analyzed ad nauseam for the past two years. I have had my fill. Like I said, if people want to discuss it 24/7, they have that right. But I also have the right to not see it either, which is why I've had to un-watch a few threads because the negativity drained me so much where I almost had to take a break from the forum. Luckily, I don't see it as much since I unfollowed those particular threads, which is a blessing. :harold:

3. Rickdickulous Trash

Rickdickulous Trash Bring me the Samurai...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is what I'm MOST interested in!

I want to get to know THESE people by way of their relationships with each other.

4. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    As someone who finds the discussions lacking in entertainment value myself, I'm curious as to what threads they've been in. I feel that the Richonne discussion and debate thread is appropriate for it and there was a specific Jessick discussion thread. I would expect to see discussions of less positive and more controversial topics to be brought up there. But, if that arc is infecting other threads as off topic discussions, feel free to redirect them to the OP or let a moderator know. That's what we're here for!

5. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

As a former GA that didn't pay her much attention to her, the Jessie talk seemed like a lot to me. When I tried to downplay her, someone suggested I was "afraid" to talk about her :dale3:That's when I realized ok, I must be in the minority here :negan: and just tried to breeze past it when it gets too much for me. The only time I will speak up is in the positivity thread....I don't understand how that thread goes off the rails sometimes but that's the only place where I'm like ok, let's get back to Richonne please:sasha:

Dobbying, hewontgo, MrsG and 3 others like this.
  6. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The discussion thread is one of the threads I've un-watched because it tends to focus on the more negative aspects and at this point, I would just prefer to focus on positivity for my own sanity, so those are the threads I tend to stay in these days, although, it did come up in the positivity thread around a week ago, which was annoying. I, along with a few others did redirect but it was still talked about.

MamaGrimes likes this.
  7. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I confess that I don't even think Jessie and her interaction with Rick should be discussed in the Richonne debate thread, because Jessie had nothing to do with Richonne at all.

Maybe people should discuss her in the Jessick thread, or create a new thread.

8. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I've seen that several times over myself, not as a GA member but just as someone who didn't have the levels of rage that others did/do. I feel like people should subscribe to "you do you" on this topic and not expect others to feel a certain way or the feel the same way they do. :hero:

box5angel, Dobbying, hewontgo and 6 others like this.
  9. MamaGrimes

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'll talk to Doc about it......the discussion should be richonne centric and not go off track. Thanks for bringing that up.

Okay to get back on topic here....

I confess that I like Enid and think her behavior is perfectly acceptable for a teenage girl, let alone someone who has been through so much in the ZA!!

10. MamaGrimes

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I put a redirect post in there and will keep an eye on it.

11. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Thanks Mama!

12. Clutterbuck

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I confess that I hope she sticks around for the duration of the show as Carl's "girlfriend" and they totally bypass the creepy/nasty Lydia crap if the show ever gets that far. :dale:

13. TakemetoRick

TakemetoRick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I confess that I so want the show to have a happy ending. But I know I am delusional.

14. candi18z

candi18z Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    I agree. I would also like to say that I am so tired of the Jessie Chop Chop arc hijacking threads about Richonne or, sometimes ,the general threads. There was one thread about the show's writing that ended up a debate on the Jessie arc. Once Jessie's arc hijacks a thread people get very passionate and start reliving the arc. This leads to Jessie vs Michonne posts and Rick/AL being bashed because of that arc. Posters also start disagreeing with each other over Jessie. I don't like what happens to this board when the Jessie arc is mentioned. Jessie and her family were killed off off and are no longer relevant to the show.

#134 candi18z, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  15. Noshiko

Noshiko Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    My confession is even if I'm part of people who think that TWD is mainly about Rick and he has to stay the main character of the show until he died, I want to see more new characters who become a part of the walking dead story. To me TWD it's a kind of show who follow the journey of humans in the apocalypse so we have to see those humans. When a new character come in the show, they kill him when he starts to become interressing and loved. I can quote Bob, Abraham, Denise, Olivia, David, Noah, Karen, Patrick,
    Sasha !!!
    I know we have to expect people to die but really ? The others characters are not developed and stay in the back. Alexandria it's a community but it's like they are 10 people in it. Thank God, Father Gabriel and Aaron bby are now true member of TF and of TWD. I don't know but I enjoy discovering characters like Cyndie or the females in Oceanside. They bring out an awesome man like King Ezekiel and we saw him in ONE episode lmao sorry but I can't.

16. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I confess I want to see Morgan and Rick have more conversation in the future. I remember when I was GA and being sooooo hyped when Morgan showed up right before Terminus not knowing it was gonna happen. The scene between Morgan and Rick in "Clear" is hands down one of my favorite scenes of all time.

17. Clutterbuck

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I confess that I wish the red-handled machete would come back and replace the hatchet. I think the hatchet honestly looks a bit silly in Rick's hand because it's so damn little. :sadmaggie: :lol:

18. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I miss the machete! D:

19. MamaGrimes

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I confess that I need to see Rick hold Michonne's katana at least once in my lifetime.

Please, :gimp:, hear my prayer.

20. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    No. Michonne doesn't need to be coddled or a damsel in distress. Yes, she can handle herself. And I'm not saying anything bad about Rick not going after her.

But how often do you see the black woman on tv being rescued or going after her because she's in trouble? They're mostly always portrayed as the black strong woman that doesn't need rescuing, and that may be true but what's also wrong in being rescued.

Maggie can handle herself but Glenn went after looking for her after the fall of the prison. Rick and Morgan went after Carol and she apparently can handle herself. She explicitly told TF not to come after. In True Blood and Sleepy Hollow, Sookie and Katrina repeatedly got rescued even though they had the ability to help themselves being who they are. But yet you had, the two black women, Tara and Abbie (the lead in SH) handling things themselves.

I confess, that why can't Michonne be rescued? Oh, and no this is not a whole let that happen for the GA or haters, this is just a thing to satisfy me.