1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article The Walking Dead: Five Ways to 'Fix' What's Broken and Exploit What Isn't

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MamaGrimes, Dec 30, 2016.

1. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Article from TVline. Their suggestions are actually pretty good!

We don’t have to tell you to say what you will about the Negan era of The Walking Dead — you’ve been doing that for the last two months, sometimes quite colorfully, in the comments section that follows TVLine’s recaps. You’ve also said it at times by just plain tuning out. (The Tara-and-Heathcentric “Swear” episode was the AMC drama’s lowest-rated in four years.)

But here’s the thing: Season 7 isn’t that bad. Or at least it certainly isn’t all bad. And it would really take very little to fix what’s broken — or maybe not even broken, just… we’ll go with dinged. It would taken even less to refocus the monster smash on what’s still working (and historically has always worked)

To check out the tweaks that we’d advocate, click on the gallery to the right. Then — and we know you will — hit the comments with your suggestions for getting the show back on track.

Click here for the gallery.

Rhona, walkinggirl26, Katbird and 3 others like this.
  2. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    They made some good points.

Katbird and MamaGrimes like this.
  3. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Advocating more Richonne is always good.

4. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    TVLine almost always garners an immediate side-eye from me but they were quite on the ball. A lot of this stuff would help tremendously.

#3 has been paramount to me for the longest time since I feel like we're told more than shown that these people are a family. They often lack the natural sense of ease that comes with families/close friends and they come across like co-workers shoved together instead. A hefty dose of quiet family moments wouldn't go amiss, I don't care if some people would probably find it boring. :rickgrin:

#2 Praise everything. Some levity would be wonderful and no I don't find Negan amusing in the slightest. :|

#1 I'm honestly afraid that peeling too many layers back when it comes to Negan would muddy the waters even more and :dale: I don't need more blind Negan defenders thanks.

5. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I actually agree with all their suggestions -- and I usually dislike TVLine's articles.

Katbird, box5angel and MamaGrimes like this.
  6. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, IA. I can't keep up with all of the new people, barely know their names, if at all, and don't care one way or the other if they get bit and turn. So far the only one that's sticking with me are Jesus and Ezekiel.

I don't care about any of Negan's layers at this point, and I don't see it changing my mind about him, so no thank you. Less of him is more right now imo.

Yes, more humor, but humor like Merle used to give us or S1-3 Daryl or Abe that was just things they would do and say but not forced like it is with Negan. I still laugh at Daryl calling Lori Olive Oyl and Dale on Golden Pond when I see those episodes, and, of course, Abe's one-liners that sometimes made no sense, but just the way he delivered them were priceless like "Oh, honey, look at you. You're a damn mess" to that walker," "Plan just got dicked," "Mother Dick," the Bisquick question to Glenn, the uggin bumplies line to Daryl, and "Who's Deanna?" still crack me up and are oft quoted throughout the fandom. I don't find Negan funny at all. So far the only thing I've laughed at is when FG just appeared and he told him he was creepy. That was pretty funny because FG is a ninja, just appearing out of the blue with that grin on his face, but no one else reacted to him suddenly appearing except Negan.

Please focus on TF for the love of God and not the villain. Hopefully they paid attention to social media and the reaction videos and saw how relieved, excited, and emotional people were to see TF back together, to see Rick get is mojo back. That's what folks tune in for is to see their faves, to see TF together living and fighting together, and not every now and then but on a regular basis.
    And I'm always down for more Richonne, but I am biased when it comes to them, so, you know, there's that:lol:. But, yeah, Rick and Michonne are the lead couple now, they are the heart, so they need to show them in all of their glory as well as Grimes Family 2.0 moments, please.:flirt::heart::hearts::holdheart::rickgrin:

#6 walkinggirl26, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Clutterbuck, lovingdead and Rhona like this.
  7. Deep_Ricking

Deep_Ricking I like it raw.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Michonne used to crack an occasional joke or two.

They do need more humor from everyone.

lovingdead likes this.
  8. candi18z

candi18z Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    The show could use more humor and casual interaction among the members of TF.

lovingdead and Deep_Ricking like this.