1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead Positivity Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MamaGrimes, May 18, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am truly not as invested in any other show's characters as much as I am this one's. Dont know why, don't know how, I just am invested.

Season 7's trailer has got me hyped.

2. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Me, too! I actually loved the trailer. I am looking forward to the introduction of the Kingdom, the aftermath of Lucille, Rick and Michonne's relationship developing further :hearts:
    I believe it's going to be a great season.

Greatm, lovingdead, chaundee and 6 others like this.
  3. Nicole

Nicole Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I've watched a lot of TV shows and a lot of them follow the same formula. Don't make the main character too complex so that everyone can like him. That's why I usually like side characters more. With the walking dead I kinda thought the same thing would happen so I was more interested in Shane at first. But with this show I've seen the progression of a man who had the American dream and slowly lost it all. The writers made a character who wasn't perfect who has made mistakes because he's human. I remember feeling something was coming during season 4 but not sure what and those seconds before Rick ripped out Joes throat my heart was beating like crazy and when he did rip it out I was cheering because I was so fully invested because in this man who would believably do anything to protect his child.the moment just seemed so real to me.

I'll be honest I've not really been able to be emotionally invested in any of the characters who have showed up past season 4 but I'm somewhat keeping an open mind. I just hope that even though they're expanding the world the writers are still able to make the show about the human psyche

Edited to avoid double post

I also love the fact that the cast is so diverse. I'm in my mid 20s but I realize a lot of shows are all about half naked young men and women or how much skin can we get away with. I'm not against that (# Richonnesexseason7) but when everything is constantly on display it loses its effectiveness.i like that a lot of the characters are men and women who have lived whole lives before the world ended. They had children they had spouses they had things that made them either rise up or go insane when they lost them

#43 Nicole, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  4. saga

saga Watchtower Sniper
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Positivity is a good thing. :)

Agreeing with what everyone else said, but I can say exactly when I became obsessed with the show.

I loved the pilot, and was very into it, but the moment in the pilot that had me literally sit up and say out loud, "Holy shit," and laugh out loud and go "OMG this show is fucking awesome" .... (really, I did that) .... was at the very end. When Rick is in the tank, and barely breathing in a moment of silence.... and then the static crackles from the radio and we hear Glenn's voice say, "Hey you." (Guitars.) "Dumbass. Yeah, you in the tank. Cozy in there?" And the music picks up and Rick stares at the radio and the camera goes outside and pulls up to the sound of the music that was so jarring and disconcerting and utterly perfectly insane at that moment ....

Yeah. That was exactly when it happened. I sat up and said out loud (to an empty room), "Holy shit. OMG. This show is fucking awesome."

A TV show hadn't done that to me in a long time. If ever.

Still no other that has.

5. Greatm

Greatm Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    Lol! I can relate to all of that. That was definitely "the moment" for me. When it felt like it was going to be a special show. Some of my friends still ask me why I'm obsessed with it, but it's hard to really described that feeling. Either it grabs you or doesn't. I definitely got got :D.

6. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Bumping this thread for all of the members who want to focus on the positive as we wind down a challenging 7a!!

I'll start....

Rick and Michonne light up the screen every second they're on it and I'm looking forward to a lot more time with them in 7b!
    Carl got his Sanctuary/Negan comic arc (insert happy dance feet here)
    EZEKIAL!!!
    Shiva!
    The foundation is being laid for an exciting second half of the season and I'm so looking forward to TF making it to the final stage of grief...it's a new one, haven't you heard?? It's the KILL NEGAN stage! :hot::yell::michonneeye::chop::bang:

Feel free to share your love for this show and any positive thoughts you may have about the current season or previous seasons!

evesix, gmc_vitamind, winter and 11 others like this.
  7. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    @MamaGrimes thanks for bumping this thread up. I love this show more than I ever thought I would, who would have guessed. I started watching it as an homage to my brother but almost immediately found I loved it. Of course I love Rick even and maybe moreso when he is in crazytown. Michonne is my girl, I love her so much. Then comes the kids, even with Carl acting out right now I love this kid and all that he has had to endure. I love my little Judith and she better throw up on Negan. I love all of team family, even the ones we have lost through the years.

Even these past episodes while they have been dark, we know it will get better. I won't give up on them, I know that Rick, Michonne and all the others we have grown to love will rise up to what lies ahead of them. You can't keep good people down.

Plus damn but I love Richonne, they are such a beautiful love story.

8. BumpinGrimes

BumpinGrimes Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    I'm really looking forward to all the communities coming together to take down Negan. The time is coming that people will realize they can't do it alone and I can't wait to see Rick and the other community leaders step up! They are on the path to rebuilding some sort of civilization, which puts the show in a great place storywise. I think the feel will be reminiscent of the first couple of seasons.

I also love Richonne and can't wait until Grimes Family 2.0 is together again.

winter, QueenofPeace, Katbird and 3 others like this.
  9. Atributetoorange

Atributetoorange Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    Again thank you @MamaGrimes!

Even though we only saw them in one episode, Ezekial and Shiva are amazing!
    tumblr_oaqhdx0KTL1uutgwwo1_500.gif

I'm so amped for the KILL Negan stage! We got peek of it in Carl's smack down of Negan. Can you image the epic merge of all this communities uniting to smack the FUCK out of Negan and the Saviours!!!

10. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm in it to the bitter end -- the good, the bad, and the ugly. But I'm looking forward to Rick rising from the ashes and putting his Murder Coat back on, TF, especially the ladies, kicking some butt and taking names, the 3 queens coming to fruition, all the communities coming together, and, of course, all things Richonne and Grimes Family 2.0. It's coming, so just trying to stay zen in the meantime.

[​IMG]

11. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I still love this show and am invested in the characters and their stories. I tend to be loyal to a show once I get attached unless it just falls completely off and for right now, TWD is still doing it for me. I still want to know what will happen, love reading analysis and thoughtful critique about the show. I still rewatch episodes....just watched Clear the other day. It's still SO good even after watching it so many times.

Following filming season this year really showed me how hard the cast and crew work to make this show for us and after going to WSC and meeting some of the cast, I love them even more.

They are already getting beat up in the press week after week...I'm sure they feel the stress of the ratings and the audience fatigue with the storyline. It was hard for them to shoot it so I'm sure they get our frustrations but I don't want to pile on to all the negativity. They get enough and as actors, I'm sure they know the weaknesses in their show so instead, I'm focusing on what I love about the show instead of piling on and beating the same dead horses week after week.

I'm just going to keep focusing on this wonderful cast. They give us great performances, funny interviews and all have great chemistry with each other both on and off the screen and they are actually pretty cool people. They are not your typical Hollywood types and I love it.

I'm also gonna keep focusing on the characters. Lots of screentime or a little screentime, I just want to see them and know what they are up to. I'm also rewatching the episodes without commercials the next day and have found them way more enjoyable.

I actually laughed a lot rewatching the last episode. Whenever Carl popped off at Negan, I cackled and cheered´┐╝:lol:

I consider last Sundays episode the turning point... Carl killing two Saviors was just the beginning of avenging Glenn and Abe's deaths and after next Sunday the March to war will begin, I can't wait!

12. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I have actually been enjoying the current season a lot! The writing is tighter and they're generally making better use of their screen time.

13. Dobbying

Dobbying Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Thanks for bumping this @MamaGrimes! I've genuinely really enjoyed a lot of this season. It's great seeing some neglected characters get some shine like Tara and Rosita. And Father G hitting new levels of awesome! Maggie has an arc and is back to season 3 levels of badass, finally!

Ezekiel was so much better than I was expecting, definitely an upgrade on the comic for me. The tiny bit of Carzekiel was enough to get me caring about Carol again, which was an unexpected bonus.

7B is going to be amazing with all the different communities coming together! Also, as excited as I am to see murder coat!Rick back, Andrew Lincoln has played broken Rick beautifully. And the pay off is going to be so much more satisfying now.
    Same with 7├Ś12 and the Richonne tension!

14. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I too, am keeping the positive and here for Rick and TF. I LOVE this show, warts and all, but it's the characters that have my heart. Why I am so incredibly invested in what happens to them and their journeys together in the ZA. The cast is AMAZING and I am here to support them and all of their hard work in doing their best to give us a good show.

I too rewatch old episodes just to see how far everyone has come. I am Richonne trash so going back again and seeing all of the hints is always a treat for me.

So, like many here, I am here to the bitter end, and will take the incarnations of the show, both the positive and not so positive , find my zen and roll with it. I cannot wait until Murder Coat Rick makes an appearance because he is coming, you best believe. Serial Killah Carl has already made an appearance and Carl getting in Negans face on Sunday was a thing of effing beauty. Watching Michonne swiftly and elegantly beat the woman Saviors ass all in one smooth move gave me life. I am so here for the TF, especially the women (because they are BOSS like that) putting a hurting on Negan. And Father Gs EPIC smackdown on Spencer just ratcheted him up to one of my fave males on the show. I am LOVING his growth and there is definitely more to him than what he appears.

Eugene, has come so far, and I was proud with how he handled Rosita. He put her in her place and I was here for that. I like Rosita and her feistiness but she.was being a bully to Eugene to get what she wanted and I don't have time for bullies, ie., see Negan. And no, Eugene isn't useless, see him chowing down on Dwights crotch creating a diversion with the Saviors , fighting the walkers at the quarry, and driving the RV as a fake out to get Maggie to safety at Hilltop. I am enjoying Eugenes emergence and once he begins making more bullets he will prove to be a huge asset ti Rick and TF. But I did like the Eugene/Rosita scenes quite a bit and curious as to where they are going with them. Rosita going Rogue and Eugene being a voice of reason.

It has been awesome seeing Maggie and Sasha taking charge at Hilltop with Jesus and Maggie giving Gregory a beatdown. That was S3 Maggie and I am here for it. And I love, love the Saggie friendship and their protection of Enid. And I really like Ezekial ALOT which suprised me. He has done wonders with helping Carol aling with Morgan with the little we have seen of them so I want more. And it's always a treat seeing Morgan and I want to see how the Morgan/Zeke/Carol dynamic plays out. In addition, I LIKE the Kingdom side characters and look forward to more interaction with the rest of TF.

I want to see the three Queens arc with the baddest bishes Michone with Rick and TF, Carol with Zeke, Shiva and the Kingdom, Hilltop with Maggie, Jesus and Sasha and the Oceanside Group all band together and bring their ferocity down on Negan and the Saviors. I want Negans comeuppance for Glenn/Abe, torture of Rick and TF, the killings of all of the Oceansde boys and men, Hilltop, Negan needs to die, like NOW. Having a group of strong women warriors will throw Negan for a loop and he won't know what hit him. And Rick realizing that he cannot take down Negan alone. Add to it more Richonne and Grimes 2.0 loving and dynamics, I am here for ALL if it!

#54 ALDGRichonneLover, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  15. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I needed to read this. Thanks so much for the bump @MamaGrimes. The salt gets overwhelming at times. I loved this past week's episode and will write my review in the review thread. Still can't stand Negan and I think they have made some weird turns with the TV version, but I really LOVE where the story seems to be going.

16. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I like S7a a lot more than S6a. :)

17. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm not sure where to put this, so I'm going to put it here because I view it as a positive: We will be seeing Key Art for 7B soon and I think it's going to be good. The show no longer has to worry about spoiling the s6 finale, so they are free to do key art that features Rick & Michonne, Carl, Maggie and Sasha, Eugene and Rosita, as well as Daryl, Carol and Morgan. Maybe members of the other communities will be shown, like King Ezekiel, Shiva and Negan, but our mains will have their spotlight back!

By the way, does anyone know when 7B key art comes out?

18. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I hope so. I NEED to start seeing Rick and TF on TWD Key Art. They need to be front and center like they have in the past. Rick (especially Rick) and TF are the story here.

19. Samuraiqueen

Samuraiqueen Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I'm glad this has been bumped because I was starting to feel like one of about 3 people on here who actually likes the season so far! Lol. But honestly I am really excited about the midseason finale and I truly believe 7B will be even better:richonne::shiva::flirt::yay:

20. QueenofPeace

QueenofPeace Guts.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Ditto on being happy to see this thread. I understand some critiques, but sometimes it gets a bit much to read through thread after thread essentially saying the same thing every week.

Like I've said in many of the review threads, I'm minority, but I have been mostly enjoying season 7. I like the overall story of TF falling from grace, being lower than low, and meeting a force so formidable things seem hopeless. I love an underdog story, and this is truly one. So I like how cruel and dark the Saviors are because I believe this would really happen during the end of the world, and though it's rough seeing Rick downtrodden, I am looking forward to seeing him overcome yet again, proving how he's the TRUE badass. I love that TF ladies like Rosita, Maggie, and Sasha are getting focus and things to do. I like Negan's humor. I like TF being in shambles post the death of Glenn and Abe, because I think it's realistic. I like Carl's impending darkness and interactions with Negan. I love love love what they're doing with Richonne so far. Then you have other cool characters like Jesus, Father Gabriel, and Ezekiel being awesome.

So yeah, I'm mostly pleased thus far with this story arc. I think they are setting things up really well for when TF rise up and fight back and eventually join up with other communities like Kingdom, Hilltop, etc., and I think they've set Negan and the Saviors up as so smug and cocky that it is going to be sooooooooooooo incredibly satisfying to witness firsthand as the tides of war change.