1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead Positivity Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MamaGrimes, May 18, 2016.

1. Atributetoorange

Atributetoorange Purple calms the nerves
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I like it too, because it makes this world more realistic and I know that vengeances will be in full swing during AOW.

I'm ready for TF to come back in attack mode.

giphy (7).gif

2. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I love TWD, so I like seeing what is happening with all of Rick's group. The story is definitely different since the loss of Glenn and Abe. I even understand why--after a lot of consternation and wringing my hands, I understand why. A "reset" was putting it mildly. This is complete rebirth...in TWD world, it is "coming back", but not as the dead walking, but "coming back" to life--a real life. No longer just surviving, but, as Rick said, "getting to live," as Abe said "making the world safe again for that little one(s)", as Glenn said , not " letting the world die", "living because they can't"...the ones you've lost.
    You guys, you know, when we, (at least me, lol), thought Glenn was dead and they put his name on the wall...if I'm remembering right, Maggie marked through it. I'm sure it has been added, not to be marked out this time, along with Abe's. Rick is hurt and very afraid, but he is going to remember. Remember his friends, Glenn and Abraham, remember Dale, remember Beth and Andrea. He was all ready brave enough to mention/think of Shane. He will remember Lori, he will remember Hershel and all the loved ones they have lost. Then, when he remembers how hard they were all fighting to stay alive so they could live, he will know. He will know that to have a life , not "some kinda life," but a real life, like he was holding in his heart, the life in his vision/dream, he will know he can't let all those they have lost, die in vain. Let the ones they love deaths be so they can kneel to Negan? Not possible. Live in fear of losing someone else to a man that sees no difference in the living and the undead, who bludgeons the head of a living person just as nonchalantly as that of the undead? That would dishonor their lives, their sacrifice. Rick will think of Hershel living under a man like Negan, of how Dale would think it his duty to stand up to Negan, even if it meant his life, how T-dog would think giving in to Negan was helping him hurt others. He is going to remember that Sophia and Beth could be forced to "choose" a life as a Negan "wife," if not to Negan, then to some other man not of their chosing, that boys like Duane would think Negan's way was the only option. Rick will remember. And, he will know that living under those circumstances is not living, is no better than being a walker. I am seeing now how the themes of the past seasons are leading to this new direction. Now we will see what kind of Next New World there will be. Team Family started out, from the very beginning, working to have a real life, building a life for each other. They would sit and eat and talk and sing, communally--together, around the fire. They would gather and reflect about the day, think about the day to come. I think there is a scene, maybe sometimes, two, every season of them close together around a fire (correct me if I'm off base). Very symbolic of home and family and community. I don't think even fear of Negan's savagery will be able to snuff out that fire. That flame burns in all of Team Family, but Rick's fire is what sparked it for the rest. That fire still burns. It may only be a low glow at this point,embers, but it could never go out completely. I look forward to Rick and Team Family showing Negan the error of his ways, of offering him an alternative for his wrongheaded ideas, bringing him to a place of correction. In short, beatin' that mofo like he stole something. I had to remind myself, even if it doesn't look like it or if it takes a really long time, the good guy always wins. And, Rick is the "good-est" of good guys.

3. Mischonne

Mischonne Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    It doesn't seem like Negan has control of all his people. When Simon went to the Hilltop I think he told his men to load Negan's truck and then load the other truck which is probably Simons truck.

Also why does King Ezekiel's men still have their guns yet Negan took away everyone's guns from Alexandria and why don't Negan's men visit the kingdom directly. They meet the king outside of the kingdom. Has there been a side deal made without Nega's knoweledge.

Random thoughts

4. Atributetoorange

Atributetoorange Purple calms the nerves
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I have a feeling that tonights episode (708) is going to be good.

MamaGrimes likes this.
  5. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Also, what happened with those tainted meat pigs?

6. epiath

epiath Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I was wondering something about Michonne and Abe talking at Deanna's welcome reception. Was that supposed to be a wake up for Mich? Abe asked her what has she done and her response was not enough for him. I felt like he was asking her what has she done to make life. Like "what are you doing for you?" :unsure:

7. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I wish this would play during the Mid-Season Teaser Trailer that comes out in Jan/Feb. How epic would this be?!?!

IMG_0115.JPG

8. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh this SONG! It's perfect and has me all up in my feels again!!:gabe:

I've re-watched the last minutes of the msf at least 10 times because I am just overwhelmed with a resurgence of feeling for this show and why I fell in love with it in the first place. Rick has risen from the lowest he's ever been and he has the woman he loves, his equal, perhaps even his better, at his side. And the family is together again!!! So much love between these characters. Validation, forgiveness, comfort, it's all there....always has been and always will be.

I have a great deal of hope for the back eight, everyone. They're going to figure out how to beat Negan. It won't be easy. They will stumble, they will falter but they will always....RISE UP!!

9. Samuraiqueen

Samuraiqueen Searching for Sophia
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    That was a great mid season finale. Like I said in my previous post, I think 7B is gonna be even better. The last 10 minutes of the episode were especially incredible and showed me why I love this show; it's the characters, especially our main crew.

10. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Den Mother
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    708 was an amazing episode. it's because of episodes like this that I love this show.

11. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Dumb ass Carl pulled a gun on Negan. That's why Alexandria had their weapons taken away from them. There was an agreement made at the beginning of the deal with the Kingdom that the drop would be made off site. Ezekial doesn't want his people to know that they are living under a tyrant..

Ms.J.Richonne and Katbird like this.
  12. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Love this song. This video makes me cry every fu*king time I see it. Man it's a heart breaker.

13. Deep_Ricking

Deep_Ricking I like it raw.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  14. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This show isn't perfect, it can be downright "uhhh" sometimes, but I still love it. So long as the characters I care about are there, I am too.

I think 7B will be nothing but a step in the right direction because the group is back on their feet and ready to act. It was hard seeing them emotionally and physically abused throughout the first half.

Even so, there was plenty of good things that happened in 7A:
    • The introduction of sexy as hell King Ezekiel
    • ... and his beautiful, sexy tiger Shiva
    • Rick and Michonne's relationship continues to be the emotional anchor of the series
    • Carl got his comic arc and more screen time than he has in years
    • Maggie and Sasha got to kick some ass
    • Rosita and Tara got some development and attention
    • Carl got to act like a kid again for even a moment
    • We got to see Rick interact with more characters like Aaron and Gabriel
    • Michonne had a story dedicated to her feelings
    • Jerry!

15. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm glad the show is coming back soon. :allthethings:

16. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Me, too. I am so ready for them to be back. I needed the break...I was so worn out by the weight of the sorrow. But, I'm ready to see the Mighty, Mighty Grimes Team large and in charge, as they should be...more than ready.

17. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Me and all of my GA friends are counting down the days till Feb 12th. None of them know any spoilers at all and it's killing me not to spill anything:lol:

18. Minty

Minty Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I'm so happy this thread exists, I don't like being salty, I was salty about something for a really long time and it was exhausting and I hated what I had become, so I vowed to myself to never go down that path again. Criticism is fine, it's healthy and we should all criticize the media we consume, however sometimes people take it too far and it's not fun - it's tiring and toxic. This show is far from perfect, but it's still good and it's still my show and I still love it. 7A wasn't my favorite season, I had several problems with it and it just wasn't that exiting, but 7B looks promising and I can't wait for it to come back. Things I'm most excited for:
    • RICHONNE!!! All the Richonne, I don't care what they are doing or talking about, just give me Richonne!
    • More Rosita, I'm just loving all her character development this season, it's very much needed and Christian is doing a great job with the material she's been given.
    • More Tara. Same as with Rosita, the character development is needed and very welcomed by me. I like Tara a lot and her positivity and goofiness are a breath of fresh air.
    • Rick being Rick, as much as I understood his reasoning in the first half, it was just hard to watch him being broken and I can't wait to have the Rick I know and love back.
    • Michonne, with Glenn gone she's now my favorite and I can't get enough of her.
    • Team Family reunited and back in action.
    • Less Negan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Maggie taking over the Hilltop - idk how long it's gonna take or if they will even focus on it in the second half (I didn't read all spoilers and I don't want to), but I'm looking forward to have that piece of crap Gregory being put in his place yet again. I also just love Maggie, so anything with her will be appreciated.
    • The Kingdom!
    • Morgan, Carol and Ezekiel's dynamic with each other.
    • Father Gabriel having more cool moments.
    I probably forgot something, but I'm excited for 7B in general. I'm not delusional, so I know we'll have a lot of stalling, but as long as it's interesting stalling, I don't really mind sticking around. Bring it on!

19. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm going to co-sign that first paragraph in your post Minty! And that's exactly why this thread exists. We need to remind ourselves why we are still fans of this show, even when it frustrates us.

I, for one, am really looking forward to the awesome distraction I'm going to get each Sunday as I need it. Real world is overwhelming these days and I need to bury myself in the fictional ZA universe of Rick Grimes and TF to escape!!

11 days!! :allthethings:

20. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    All of this! Yes!