1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Three Queens Theory

Discussion in 'Predictions' started by MamaGrimes, Feb 27, 2016.

1. rlsatk

rlsatk Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    This is pretty cool!! WOw.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  2. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Regarding the splitting up of Team Family, my hope is that Gimple figures it out because this is more permanent than 4b after the fall of the prison. I hope he does what GoT does so well. Show us the different kingdoms each episode to catch us up but perhaps focus on one in particular. I also hope that these locations aren't that far from each other (we'll find out tomorrow about Hilltop) so that TF members can still interact.

Can we all just take a moment to think about the ramifications of this?? What it means??

Three ZA communities that are in alliance with each other. Three functional communities and they our led by OUR women!! That is SO kickass I get giddy thinking about it! Why was Alien and Aliens so popular? Ripley. Why did the Mad Max movie get such great reviews? Furiosa. There is nothing cooler than female leaders and warriors in a an apocalyptic landscape.

And, yes, I know Rick is de facto leader at ASZ but, come on, did you SEE The Distance? We know where the real power lies.

Having these women ascend to leadership, in addition to the Negan storyline will make season 7 must see TV for a whole lot of people.

I can't wait.

3. Cousin Peaches

Cousin Peaches Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I'm so glad you started this thread! I noticed the 3 queens and know it must mean something. They wouldn't focus on Jesus taking such an interest in it otherwise. Okay, I'm going to read the thread now.

4. DaisyRey

DaisyRey This Is Different
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]

I got chills when I read this. Thanks so much for your hard work on this and sharing it with us. I think it makes sense, and I'm excited about it.

5. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I love this theory! I assumed it was just the Queen of Spades in that pic! Great observation!

I'm really excited about this episode, it feels like there are going to be some great hints strewn about regarding where the story is headed. My fingers and toes are crossed that this 3 Queens theory pans out as you've said!

6. Leannan

Leannan Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    I love this!
    If this happens, we better get a bottle episode of our queens.

7. SunflowerDope

SunflowerDope Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    This is a brilliant observation. I'm really hoping Gimple plays season 7 out like this. It makes so much sense for him too. I'm excited to see these three women ruling over their own "kingdoms". That would be groundbreaking lol

8. CSilverado4life

CSilverado4life Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    This is a really interesting theory. I was wonder why he was staring at the picture because it honestly didn't look like anything special to begin with. They already made a comment about The Hilltop trading with other communities which I assume is going to be the Kingdom, so I'm excited to see it eventually on the show. I wonder who they'll cast. I also wouldn't mind seeing Carol and Morgan at the Kingdom not necessarily in a relationship but I do want them to at least become good friends.

9. Cousin Peaches

Cousin Peaches Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    When I started thinking about what the painting could mean I came up with two options: It signifies Michonne or it's about Michonne/Maggie/Carol.

So the Michonne angle is that imagery of the goddess (or 3 goddesses) is associated with Michonne, like the triquetra or triskelion on her sword. There's also a triple crescent moon on her sword, which I believe is also a goddess symbol.
    [​IMG]

The threes symbolize the goddesses three aspects--maid, mother, crone. It also represents mind, body, spirit. So when I was searching info about the card suit queens, it looked like they represent similar domains. Hearts, clubs, and spades symbolize childhood, youth, and old age; spring, summer, winter; emotion, knowledge, wisdom. One source I read had an interesting breakdown for the queens.

*QUEEN OF SPADES-- VULNERABILITY--Opening up oneself to injury or to downfall.
    *QUEEN OF CLUBS --EQUILIBRIUM --The essential balance of the Universe. All was once in Equilibrium; one day, all will return.
    *QUEEN OF HEARTS-- COMPASSION-- Oh, the beauty of love!
    This is the description for the queen of diamonds, which isn't in the painting:
    *QUEEN OF DIAMONDS --VANITY-- Pettiness; personal materiality taken to the negative extreme. (This doesn't describe Michonne or the other ladies.)

(from http://www.alcyone.com/arcana/oracle.html) This site is about divination and as such is a little odd, but interesting.)

These could all be about Michonne and her journey, past, present and future.

I also think that each queen may represent one of the female main cast. Jesus' influence on each of their journeys would also tie him to them and that's why he's the one looking at the painting. So that has a certain logic to it.

I hope this post makes sense. I feel like I'm rambling...

#29 Cousin Peaches, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    lovingdead, chaundee, Tater and 6 others like this.
  10. rlsatk

rlsatk Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    Saw this on tumblr. Op went with Spades for chonne, and I think they mention Mags in their tags. But this still pretty great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (source)
    I'm in love with the three queens specs. I honestly see it happening.

11. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Great analysis. The three Queens each typifying a side of Michonne isn't something I had considered, but the imagery paired with her sword? Makes me go "hmmm."

I do think the show was hinting at three female leaders though. The reason being is Jesus deliberately mentioned or interacted with Maggie, Michonne, and Carol in this episode.

1) He is the one who brought up Carol initially by paying compliments to the chef.
    2) He was bonding with Michonne as they left the house, and he looked to her for decision making/to make pleas. (Because he knows Michonne is the real power "behind the throne").
    3) He's going to be interacting with Maggie something fierce coming up soon with her being entangled in Hilltop.

As to why Jesus is so deliberately being connected to those three in even the smallest ways I am not sure, but maybe Jesus is going to be a glue that binds the three Kingdoms together in the future.

12. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I noticed that the scenes where decisions were being made or the entire group was in discussions, Michonne was sitting each time like a queen on her throne.

13. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Found this interesting bit on Wikipedia about the Queen of Clubs, but I have no idea how legitimate it is (copied from the original source because it read easier): The Queen of Clubs is also known as the 'Mother Mary' card and many of them have one or more 'children' for whom they must make sacrifices in their life just as the Virgin Mary had to undergo the sacrifice of her son Jesus.

Assuming that the Queen of Clubs is indeed Maggie, I find it funny that the Queen of Club is associated with the Virgin Mary because Maggie in GN is often seen with Jesus. I don't even think I need to mention the sacrifice she will undergo if they stick with the GN outcome.

14. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    If Caryl happens, how does that effect this theory? Would Daryl reject Carol, so she moves to The Kingdom? Would she just visit often?

15. hewontgo

hewontgo Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I love your theory
    i doubt the writers are good enough to do that

16. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

Three Queens will rule three communities:

Queen of Spades: Michonne: Alexandria Safe Zone
    [​IMG]

Queen of Clubs: Carol: Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Queen of Hearts: Maggie: Hilltop
    [​IMG]

Hailekim, Michele, box5angel and 3 others like this.
  17. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I would really love to see this played out with the right-hand people and members of TF distributed the way another poster mentioned in another thread. If I find their post I will relay it back here. If they set it up like that I'd really get on board.

Unfortunately there is always the strong possibility that we are giving TIIC far too much credit for setting this up subliminally when in reality it was nothing more that the prop department finding a good deal on a painting with cards on it at a garage sale!

18. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I
    That is not how prop crews work. They are told specifically to find certain props and here it looks like this was painted specifically for the show. Why 3 Queen and not four? Why not the Queen of Diamonds? Why are they all the same color even the Queen of hearts is black. The fact that it was recognised by a character, then actually taken off the wall is directing the audience to "take notice"

Often a shining example of power and authority, the Queen of Spades embodies the innate ability to achieve. As born leaders, they sense the need to rise to the top and will experience deep fulfillment when they answer their call to greatness. Their pinnacle position, right next to the King of Spades, the most powerful card in the deck, contributes to their ability to shine and be noticed for their superior talents and gifts.

As the Queen reigning over the Clubs suit, these people usually enjoy work that involves application of the mind: communications, organizing or, on the spiritual spectrum, intuitive and psychic work. A quick study, the Queen of Clubs truly enjoys being well informed on any topic of their choosing. As a result, they often prefer to direct according to their own authority on a subject rather than follow another. Consequently, this card gravitates toward being the boss or self-employed. They are always aware of their royal status and often take charge of whatever they’re doing rather than meekly following another leader. Meek is not in their makeup. They can be driven, often balancing two jobs at once, and are happiest when able to contribute to a greater cause. Caution is advised if they find the urge to evaluate harshly.

the communication style of the Queen of Clubs can be rather convincing if not outright aggressive. With a sharp mind can come a sharp tongue. Their ability to assess quickly can result in impatience with others who are indecisive. They are honest and outspoken leaving others knowing exactly where they stand.

Charming, magnetic and often quite attractive, the Queen of Hearts has an innate ability to have favorable influence over others. The “Mother of Love” commands powerful emotions of empathy and compassion with a flair for the dramatic, a potent combination that makes this card, when in a tight spot, prone to excitability or moodiness. As a royal member of the Crown Court Cards, the Queen of Hearts has the ability to reach others through her innate leadership abilities, powerful communication skills and good business sense, and the level of success achieved is predicated on the ability to keep emotional reactions in check.

With such a strong sensual nature, Queen of Hearts people enjoy the pleasures of life: art, entertainment, food and leisure. Nurturing the family with attention and devotion to the children is a classic Queen of Hearts expression, but with such strong leadership and business energy, people of this card may find a simple home life only part of their personal expression. Their Three of Hearts in Jupiter may be the indicator of some indecision between home life and career.

lovingdead likes this.
  19. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I always associated all three Queens with Michonne when I was clued into the symbolism, but it can work for all three ladies as well. I definitely think there was foreshadowing with this prop choice. This was just as important as Jesus referring to Richonne as Carl's mom and dad.

20. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Not that I don't agree with everyone on this, but can someone tell me where they've heard or been told the specifics of TWDs prop department mandates and their use of specific items within the show?

I have heard this before and am curious as to how people became aware of this.