1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Tired of the argument "the group doesn't care about Carol"

Discussion in 'Carol / Melissa McBride' started by Doctor Grimes, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts Atlanta hunting down 712 Director's Cut
    Custom Banner
    I honestly wish the group didn't care about Carol, since obviously certain people feel like they don't. The entire 615 episode was the hunt for Carol and lets talk about how magnificent she is. Its obvious Carol doesn't care or no longer wants to care about Team family (her own words to Morgan in 708). This entire storyline is beyond tiring. Do people forget Carol has been trying to leave this group since 5A. :dale:

All I want for Christmas is for everyone to respect Carol's wishes and leave her the hell alone. Stop checking in on her and leaving her fruit baskets. Let her live by herself in her creepy house, eating stale ass beet cookies. :ogg:

[​IMG]

#21 Armte, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  2. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    NO, not the beet cookies :eek::eek:

box5angel and Armte like this.
  3. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm just terrified that when she does inevitably meet back up with TF we'll have another round of Carol Worship.
    [​IMG]

4. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner
    Its coming, rest assured..Gimple can't helo himself and is biding his time for the SF. :gabe::dalewtf::sadmaggie:

VernitaGreen likes this.
  5. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am going to give my opinion on this not like anyone really cares but here it goes. Carol has been through a trauma and is in a place that is hard to get out of right now. It may take her a long time to realize that she deserves to be happy and deserves the new family she has. I was physically and mentally abused growing up. I thought after the abuse stopped that I would be back to normal. Nope I don't think I will ever be back to normal. I think she knows the group loves her but her abuse from the asshole Ed is still weighing on her. And all the people that have died trying to keep the group safe is weighing on her. She is probably thinking it should have been her that died instead of the ones that have died. Survivors guilt is a bitch. It will mess with you for years and years. You think it is getting better and then it will hit you like a ton of bricks. She knows that the group loves her and would do anything for her. But she is in a space of mind that if she stays with them she will have to add more guilt to the rest of it she is already carrying. I think if she was to see the whole group right now she would run far away. I have probably said the group doesn't care about her but that is because of the shitty writing. Like could the group not see she was struggling. Then I sat and thought about it and see that I put on a mask every day I get out of bed and face the world. Most people think I am happy and sweet and positive in my everyday life. But really I am beaten and broken inside. I say I don't deserve anything good to happen to me. Depression and PTSD is something I wish the show would have tried to deal with more. It is an awful thing to deal with. The show could have really helped a lot of people with a story line about it instead of one episode. Ok that got way off topic. I just think the GA would have like to hear the group ask about Carol and Morgan and vice versa.

#25 Tisha Grimes, Dec 14, 2016
  6. grimesthecrime

grimesthecrime Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I completely disagree that the group doesn't care. I can only thank god that I haven't seen that opinion anywhere that I go (online or IRL).

But if people do feel that way, I think its a combination of reasons:

1) The writing. I think this show has done a poor job, especially this season, of caring about characters and their relationship with one another. The focus has been solely about Negan, Negan, Negan. This leaves out time for us to see the characters talk to each other about anything that is not him. I get that he's a big threat and he's done a lot of traumatizing things to the group, but I think the bigger issue I have still stands. The group, their feelings, their relationship with one another has been pushed to the side to focus on what the writers think is important. For my own reasons, I assume Rick has told them that she's with Morgan. It's too bad that, just like plenty of other convos that I think are important, I have to assume instead of see. This reason is the biggest and most important IMO, and actually falls in line with issues I've had outside of this season. But I'll keep it focus to just this particular topic.

2) Negan. I mentioned this in 1, but I think it deserves its own separate point. He killed two people, both who are very important to the group, and now he's got huge demands that they can't fill. So, their time and energy is in other places so they can't worry about her all the time.

3) She's kinda been an outsider to their group for a while, even when she was traveling with them physically. By now, the group, for the most part is used to her being able to handle herself. They didn't really ask questions after Rick told them she was banished in season 4. So, they probably wouldn't now, especially after that note she wrote.

7. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine One of the good things
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I wouldn't have as much argument if this wasn't something that was being said before season 7 even started. It would be more understandable if this just crept up now but I've been watching the show since it premiered but in the fandom now for almost 2 years and there have always been Carol fans who felt the other characters did not care about her.

As for this season it's been a disjointed mess but I don't fault TF for not mentioning Carol when we barely even saw them mention Maggie and they didn't even go visit her until this past episode. Really as for Carol and Morgan they could've at least gone and warned the group about the Saviors being so close seeing as they attacked Carol in East not too far away from ASZ and Morgan knew about them still being active through his observations at The Sanctuary. So it's not like they were jumping at a chance to go back to ASZ either or even mention being worried about the group after knowing the Saviors were close to ASZ. I don't see why one is being singled out (no one mentioning Carol) but the other (Carol and Morgan not really mentioning TF) being ignored

#27 Walkingonsunshine, Dec 14, 2016
  8. Harshmallow

Harshmallow Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Thanks for making this post, Doc. Lord knows I've seen enough of this argument to last me a lifetime. I don't know what those fans expect, to be honest. Do they want a full episode of Team Family crying and worrying about Carol while wondering where she might be and how hard she must be suffering with her guilt for all the people she has killed to save their ungrateful asses? As if Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Maggie, Rosita...etc, haven't killed to protect their loved ones (including Carol). Why should any of them feel sympathy toward her for something they all have to do as well? Something they'll keep doing because they just cannot afford to wash their bloodied hands and say: "So long fuckers. I'm not killing for y'all no more."

#28 Harshmallow, Dec 14, 2016
  9. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh dear God, please no.

[​IMG]

10. RichonneLvr218

RichonneLvr218 Blanket believer
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I make no bones about it: I don't like Carol. :no: She's a manipulative bitch, and this behavior shows that even more. She needs to get away and she doesn't want anyone to come after her, so what does she do? Leave a cryptic message about how bad she feels about killing and for others to not come look for her. She knows these people and knew full well they'd come look for her, which is why her as$ is hiding, except she's not. All she had to do was go to Tobin, Daryl, and Rick and tell them she had to to go away and why. Just tell them. But, no, she couldn't do that, because they would've left her alone then. And she doesn't want to be left alone.

Poor Carol, they can't tell her Glenn, Abraham, Spencer, and Olivia are dead, because she'd want to kill the people who did it, and we can't possibly have her kill bad people, she likes to kill children and sick people. Poor Carol just can't handle that. :rant::mad:

Writers, make me care? Having Rick say Carol is a force of nature doesn't impress me. Having every available man want to fall at her feet doesn't sway me. Why, Zeke?! :zeke: :sob:I don't get the appeal. I've seen this woman lie as easily as the takes a breath, and I see how she weaves her stories, and this is just more of the same for me. If this isn't some con she's pulling, she'd had slipped out of her house after Daryl left. He knows where she is now. She wants to be alone, but she is so not.

Yes, the group cares about Carol. Sadly, they all care too much.