1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 characters list by a TWD fan vlog TPTB watch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by richonnelove, Dec 30, 2016.

1. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:

I disagree with his placement of Maggie, Michonne and Negan especially, but I like that he placed the right person at #1. There is indeed something missing in the episodes without Rick. There is no TWD without Rick imo.

I think the Governor is a much better villain than Negan and made the show, the story and the characters seem like less of a cartoon middle school play like Negan has lowered it to.

I also love that he has not been duped by Gimple's banana in the tailpipe trick and fallen in line praising his forced and overhyped favorite - Carol.

Totally disagree that Maggie can carry an episode. She fits more as a supporting character imo. I don't mind her, but she is not a dynamic character and I often find myself more focused on the other characters in her scenes. Sasha and Paul had stronger presence and I was more interested in their interactions in episode 5. I did think all three as a group had a nice chemistry.

I would place Michonne at #2.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I would put Abraham on the list. I could not get into Abraham for a long time. He just didn't seem to mesh with the look and feel of TWD to me. It wasn't until the episode The Distance, that his character started to come across as authentic to me. Before, everything about this character seemed fake. I use to point out he was like his hair. A fake orange that jumped off the screen as inauthentic to the landscape of TWD. Now, between Glenn and Abe, I would pick Abe to return in a heartbeat as Glenn had gotten so bland after season 3 while Abe added a lot of texture of the show in latter seasons.

The top 5 A list characters make/made the show. The rest of the list is interchangeable...
    Although not all are among my personal favorite characters, I think these characters help define the gritty realness of the series: 1.Rick 2.Michonne 3.Shane 4.Daryl 5.Governor 6.Lori 7.Hershel 8.Glenn 9.Morgan 10.Abraham

Do you agree, disagree with his choices? Who would you kick off and put on the list?

#1 richonnelove, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  2. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It was an ok list.

QueenOfAlexandria likes this.
  3. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't want to watch the video can you post a list of his breakdown?

ReeciePiecey and Danaisbestie like this.
  4. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    1.Rick
    2.Daryl
    3.Negan
    4.Maggie
    5.Michonne
    6.Glenn
    7.Shane
    8.Merle
    9.Rosita
    10.Governor

5. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah Negan and Daryl are way too high. Don't even know why Rosita's in the top 10 and Michonne should be before Maggie. But like you said at least he got Rick right.

6. QueenOfAlexandria

QueenOfAlexandria Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    @richonnelove I agree with everything you said, even your list. I'm like you: I don't like half the people on your list either, but I can appreciate what those characters brought to the series. I think that should count more than what overhyped & overrated character people are salivating over. I thought this was an unpopular opinion (and it still might be), but I've always felt that The Governor was a better villain than Negan. The pacing and writing for The Governor was much better, I feel like. Negan's presence is overkill and it's more annoying than scary or intriguing. When it comes to villains, they need to either be terrifying or intriguing, preferably both. If not, then you need to have at least one of those. Unfortunately, you get neither with Negan. He falls flat as a villain; he does nothing for me or the story. So, The Governor should definitely outrank Negan on the list.

Daryl shouldn't crack the Top 10, because he hasn't really done anything in 4 seasons except get Glenn killed.
    While I love Maggie, she shouldn't outrank Michonne at all. Regardless of what seasons you're basing this on, Maggie does not outrank Michonne. The writing for Maggie is okay and could be better; as it stands, her character does nothing for the story presently either. Merle shouldn't be on this list at all; I know people love him, but he was simply okay to me. I understand that he may have been entertaining, but that's it. He wasn't that important; he let Michonne go in S3, but that's literally it. What did he do for the story? I've always thought Shane was overrated, but he did push the story forward so I'm fine with his position on the list. I like Rosita too, but she's only just gotten a chance to show us who she is. Prior to this season, she was just eye candy so she hadn't done anything for the story either. Half a season of development is not enough to put her on a list with the Big Leagues. That could definitely change, but that's not the case right now.

I'm definitely surprised Carol didn't make the list, as well. That shocked me, because I feel like she's the same as Daryl in a lot of ways. Especially when it comes to fan reaction and popularity.

richonnelove likes this.
  7. Jimmy

Jimmy Maggie and Michonne are soulmates.
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It's Trevchan2.

I usually ignore everything he has to say, including this list.

8. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Most people on this list haven't moved the story along. Really in his list only Rick, Shane, and the Gov have moved the story forward.. The rest not so much.

9. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Lol his list lost credibility to me the minute I notice Rosita was on it. For what and why? Beth was more significant.

ClassicWoman and MsAntiSocial like this.
  10. MsAntiSocial

MsAntiSocial Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I really don't want to watch this video, so can somebody tell me if he gave reasons for why those people made the top 10? Negan at 3 and Rosita at 9 needs an explanation.

ReeciePiecey likes this.
  11. Silas

Silas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeeeeeeah, why is Rosita on this list. Kinda discounts the entire thing. I won't complain when Shane makes a list though. :tdog:

ReeciePiecey likes this.
  12. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Michonne should be before Maggie, and I'm not saying that because she's my fave. Rick, Daryl, and Michonne are the Holy Trinity, the Top 3 moneymakers, used for promos, publicity, and TWD's big guns that they bring in when things go south like in Now in Season 6 and 7a, and she has been more in the forefront than Maggie since she appeared in Season 3. I mean, come on, Michonne took the Governor's eye and kept her promise to end him, kicked Merle's butt, has saved Rick and Carl's bacon more times than I can count, knocked Rick the hell out, and took out a herd of walkers all by her lonesome with and without Judes on her back. Just sayin'. If that doesn't put you in the Top 3, I don't know what does:michonneeye: Negan is too high and definitely should be after Glenn and Maggie. He just showed up for crissakes! Glenn should be above Maggie. I wouldn't have Rosita in the Top 10. She's just had more screen time in 7a, and before that she's just been eye candy, sorry, not sorry, but she has grown on me, but not Top 10 grown on me, lol! I would replace her with Sasha who's been there since Season 3, and we've had more focus on her with her relationships and her PTSD.

13. HisQueenMichonne

HisQueenMichonne Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Rick placement is the only thing he got right.

Maggie and Negan before Michonne is a no no. DISAGREE with placement. I like Maggie but I don't even know why she's on the list.

Merle and Rosita on the list? o_O Just NO!

And the Governor last? I don't get it at all. Negan and Daryl is too high on the list.

Here's my list

1) Rick
    2) Michonne
    3)Shane
    4) Morgan
    5)Lori
    6)Glenn
    7)Daryl
    8)Hershel
    9)Governor
    10) Negan