1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

TSDF Official Q&A Episode 614 "Twice As Far"

Discussion in '6x14: Twice as Far' started by Armte, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Jenna Alaki

Jenna Alaki Saying "Yes"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I apologise in advance, if I have misused the spoiler tag in this post. Just wanted to tread with caution since this thread is for 6x14...

Awww, really sad that it's Denise :(. I really like the tone she brings to the group, esp. her efforts to step up her game and become the ASZ doc they need. From the comics,
    I was even sad when I found out that she dies because of Negan's walker Holly trojan horse.
    Maybe Carl would have died (**maybe**) if she weren't IN ASZ (since well, Rick executed Pete without a trial), and then there'd probably be no Rick and Michonne for another 3 years :omgno:.

Not really understanding the Daryl or Tara hate but I recognise.

IMO, I don't think Dr Cloyd was 'built up' just for Daryl - I have really enjoyed her (Merrit Weaver's) performance throughout this season, and thought she was fantastic in Episodes 08 and 09 with the Alpha Wolf (he was good too). We only saw her interacting briefly with Daryl in ep 10 and 11, which in the show timeline, is just three instances in two days. Count episode 14 as a third day, and it doesn't really make for a solid bond or anything (except of course for us as the audience, that's as 'solid' as it gets!). Daryl's man pain will be justified - it's his weapon that will kill her and he probably feels that he COULD HAVE done something to prevent it if he had left those three strangers in the woods or killed them. He chose to have compassion by going back to give that girl her insulin (and she ended up dying anyway) and that decision is what contributed to this. But if it hadn't happened, and they'd not stolen his stuff - he may have never found that gas truck that helped save ASZ, or been able to pick up Sasha and Abe and defeat those Saviours on the road in time to get back. They'd actually, probably be dead. I think he'd have the same angst if any member of the group died. This seems to be one of the themes the writers have tried to explore in season 6 by bringing in Morgan, have all the killing that Carol never dealt with start to get with her (heck, even Morgan started to get to me when I saw that Wolf die saving Denise), and the fact that Rick launched an unprovoked (sort of) assault on the Saviours whilst they slept: when should you kill and when should you refrain; when should you show compassion and when should you not?

As for Tara, I also like what she brings to the group. True, she hasn't done much since season 4/5 but I like that she is the optimistic voice of the prison group and she makes the show a little lighter. If in the season finale,
    Glenn is the major character death, she will be one of his legacies because he brought her into the group when he didn't really have to.

I like that not everyone in the group is the same...some are badasses :flirt::rickgrin:, some are growing :gabe:/have grown:carol2: to be , others are even weaker :buttermilk: (but TBH they do tend to die in the ZA if they don't step up their game in time :ty:). I do not believe Morgan to be a wimp though. For him to have the audacity to stand up in that church, in front of everyone, speak up and disagree with the entire group shows his strength of person/conviction. Sure, his passivism has seemingly had some dire consequences but I think the jury's still out on what his beliefs really mean in the ZA.

On Glenn... his presence and what he represents (if not his appearance), has been felt in most of the episodes this season and we still have a few episodes to go. I really liked that he called Rick 'dumb ass' in Episode 03 in reference to the very first time they met but obviously, now I know they were setting us up for the dumpster death fake out at the end of the episode :cautious:. But I think the entire season's theme will collide with what they are setting us up for in the season finale as mentioned above.

As for Carl...I am hoping that the little signs we're starting to see post eye trauma are the signs that we will in fact get to see his character develop more in the upcoming season (e.g. the tone of his discourse with Enid in the woods and "a kid with messed up face..."). I am hoping now that Chandler is 16 or whatever, they will allow him to explore the more darker aspects of what his character has had to deal with in the ZA. Like I said, hoping.

#161 Jenna Alaki, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  2. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Hey, Doc made that Michonne emoji! Thanks, @Doctor Grimes.

Navy&Cream likes this.
  3. Andrick

Andrick Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I don't know whether it's been posted elsewhere or not, but I've just found this info on StD.
    - Denise will kill a zombie in a car for a can of beer.

- We will learn more about Denise before she dies this episode. She had a brother named Dennis.

-She is speaking to Michonne and Daryl when she gets the arrow through the back of her head, through her right eye. She manages to say a few more words before she dies.

- Eugene tries to grow some and wants to kill a zombie alone. There’s a zombie whose head is covered with melted metal and Eugene can't kill it, so Abraham does it instead.

- Eugene bites Dwight's crotch before our people manage to escape (OUCH)

- Something is brewing between Rosita and Spencer.

(the below is a spoiler for either the end of 14 (most likely) but could appear instead in 15)

Through voice narration, we learn from Carol that she is leaving Alexandria.

Lyra_Nation and Doctor Grimes like this.
  4. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Not sure if I buy it. Who was the person who posted it? Because Rosita is the one on the run with Daryl and Denise -- not Michonne.

Lyra_Nation and Andrick like this.
  5. Andrick

Andrick Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    King Grimes. Someone mentioned that maybe the source meant to say Rosita not Michonne. The OP will be updated as soon as KG gets more info.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  6. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Okay, because that was what made this look fishy as hell. If it is Rosita, then I could buy it. I'll wait to see what TSDF says about these spoilers.

Andrick likes this.
  7. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    If this isn't true I'm stomping on heads. It's my dream. D:

8. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah I hope the crotch bite is legit too. I need it like burning please.

9. DanNintendoMan

DanNintendoMan The ship's cook

Walker Pets:
    This seems a little fishy.

10. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It's been updated to remove the mention of Michonne and Daryl; it's now just that Denise was talking.

I'm inclined to believe it. It includes an iconic comic moment I didn't think they'd skimp on (the crotch bite); it fits what we already heard from SpoilerTV and TSDF.

So I am assuming Carol is the missing person in the 6x15 description then.

11. FoxC

FoxC Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I guess that would go along with daryls "she's gone" line in 6x15 as well

12. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think Daryl is pursuing Dwight in 6x15, but I am not sure. I'll need to review the spoilers again.

13. FoxC

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    That's right. So the line will most likely be about Denise. There very well could be a chance Daryl has no idea that Carol leaves or wants to leave. We'll see. I'm really curious how 14 & 15 are going to bridge. If there is no michonne as well as Rick lite this episode, then I am going to need for 15 to be heavy on the Richonne/grimes family stuff

Michele, vinivre, DixonGrimes and 5 others like this.
  14. Misty Knight

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I think episode 14 and 15 are going to have meshed timelines.

Richonne:
    Episode 14: Rick talks with Morgan
    Episode 15: After Rick talks with Morgan, Grimes 2.0 family time while at the same time Daryl's group is being attacked and Denise dies. Rosita, Eugene and Abe make it back to ASZ to tell Rick they've been attacked and then that's when they notice Carol is missing.

Carol/Morgan:
    Episode 14: Carol kind of says her goodbyes to Tobin. Carol leaves.
    Episode 15: Maybe Morgan sees her leave kind of like Carol saw Morgan/Denise sneaking off (but filming spoilers saw Morgan and Michonne in a car together. IDK.) Somehow Morgan splits from the rest of the group and searches and eventually finds Carol.

Squirrel Boy:
    Episode 15: He doesn't come back to ASZ, searches for Dwight. Back at ASZ, I can see Rick and the gang splitting into two groups to find Carol and Daryl and then Squirrel Boy gets my precious Michonne and Glenn kidnapped.

15. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Glenn and Michonne are with Daryl, so Daryl has to know. Here's what I gathered.

The 6x15 synopsis from AMC:

Episode 6.15 - East
    When someone goes missing in Alexandria, the community goes on alert, and search parties venture out.
    We now know this is Carol, and we know search parties go out to find her.

The spoiler from TSDF about a scene in 615:

Daryl is out in the woods searching for Dwight. He's very angry and assumedly feeling guilty. As he hears footsteps approaching, he shoots his crossbow. A bolt comes inches away from hitting Rosita in the head. As she reprimands him, Glenn, and Michonne are also revealed. A very angry Daryl tells the others they shouldn't be there. Michonne states that he should have never left. Daryl starts to bitterly reminisce about the time (back in episode 6) when Dwight tied him up, and pulled a gun on him, yet he still tried to help him despite this. Daryl seems to regret his past decision to help Dwight.

Glenn asks Daryl if he thinks it's his fault. Daryl agrees and adds, "I'm gonna do what I should have done. For her." (Note: We DONT know who "her" is, but we can speculate.) Glenn tells him that "She's gone" and that he's doing this for himself. Disgruntled Daryl says he doesn't give a shit and continues shuffling through the woods. Glenn tries having a heart to heart conversation with Daryl, desperately trying to get him to listen. Michonne also tries to talk Daryl into coming home so they can regroup and come up with a plan. Daryl starts to ease up, acknowledging Michonne and Glenn are right.

Later in the episode, Glenn and Michonne are tied up and gagged by the Saviors. Daryl sneakily approaches along with Rosita and attempts a rescue. Glenn and Michonne try screaming to get Daryl's attention and let him know the Saviors are still there. All of a sudden Dwight calls out to Daryl. Dwight is right behind Daryl with a gun pointed directly at his back. Another Savior has his gun on Rosita. As Daryl turns around, Dwight pulls the trigger. "BANG!" Blood sprays everywhere. This is supposedly the end of the episode.​

It says Daryl is still consumed with finding Dwight and presumably avenging Denise. It sounds like Glenn and Michonne are trying to get him back on task to find Carol. It's also possible that Rosita and Daryl don't know Carol has run away yet, but Glenn and Michonne happen to run into them while on their search.

But Michonne tells Daryl he "never should've left," which could mean he should've never left the search party. It's possible they broke into teams, and Daryl -- when he saw a trace of where Dwight could've gone -- ran off in pursuit, leaving Michonne, Rosita, and Glenn to catch up with him.

I also think this could parallel "Thank You" with Rick telling Michonne, Glenn, and the others to meet back at the rendezvous point before night fall. Of course, all of Michonne's team (Daryl, Glenn, Rosita, and herself) don't return. Cue angry, pissed, freaking-out Rick.(Which could be how 616 begins -- Rick just waiting for the other search party to come back, but it never does).

I also think Morgan is the one who runs into Carol (on horseback); he probably soothes her by telling her he knows what she's going through and can help. Then, of course, they get ambushed by agents from the Kingdom.

16. Misty Knight

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Pre-season 6 specs finally coming true? :yay:

17. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think so :lol: after all these years.

18. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Some more intel from Spoil the Dead:

"A little context to the crotch bite scene. I'll add this to the OP: Dwight's gang catches Eugene off guard basically and there's no escape for him. While Abahram is hiding behind some barrels looking for a opportunity to strike, Eugene does his job in distracting Dwight before biting his crotch, leading to some action and their escape."
    I can't wait to see Eugene take some motherfuckers down. :lol:

19. FoxC

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Thanks Doc!
    Now I'm wondering how Glenn and michonne get kidnapped if it seems they were effective in talking Daryl into coming home. Do they split up again I wonder?

Someone on here mentioned that we have seen images from the key art playoff except for the walker in chains. That poster speculated that what if it is rosita being brought back to ASZ as a walker as a message to Rick and to let him know that the saviors have Glenn, Michonne, and Daryl. Gah, I want to see a fake finger/hand being sent to Rick and him losing his shit over it. He still might once he realizes his beloved is in Negans clutches regardless of anything fake being sent.

20. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    :dalewtf: That would be some messed up shit.

I am not so sure about my hand/finger speculation now, but it would be sick as fuck if they did that too. Like threw a hand clasping Michonne's katana at Rick? Oh jeez.

I think they might get ambushed; Daryl and Rosita manage to evade, but Glenn and Michonne are taken. Probably while they're on the way back home.

balladsinthebluegrass likes this.