1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

TV Geek E07 Spoilers

Discussion in '7x07: Sing Me a Song' started by Tyler, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Tyler

Tyler ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    https://tvgeektalk.com/previews/the-walking-dead-advance-preview-sing-me-a-song-photos-video/

Warning: General spoilers ahead

As I had unfortunately expected, this past week has been nothing but a post-7.06 shit-show with groves of fans spilling on the Interwebs about how “Swear” was the most boring, lame episode of The Walking Dead ever. If you read my review, you know that I personally liked it, and I think the episode will become very important later in the season. But, moving on, for those loud complainers, you should know that this week’s “Sing Me A Song” is one fantastic piece of writing and thus, will hopefully squelch most of the grumbling. Multiple character arcs. Great pace. And, of course, lots of Negan with all his brutality and famous one-liners. It’s another 90-minute installment, and unlike some of the previous extended episodes, this one definitely needed the extra time to be able to tell the full story.

Sunday’s episode lays the foundation for next week’s mid-season finale, and so, departing from the format of my previous Advance Previews, I’m just going to provide a few teasers because I wouldn’t dream of spoiling anything major. Yes, the episode is that good and will most certainly be worth the wait and suspense.

• For the avid comic-book readers, you will absolutely love this episode. As we may recall, Carl (Chandler Riggs) stowaway on one of the Saviors’ trucks while at the Hilltop, and a good deal of the 90 minutes is spent with the aftermath of Carl going full Billy The Kid once they arrive at The Sanctuary. Negan (Jeffrey Dean-Morgan) doesn’t kill Carl, but instead is quite intrigued with the boy who has bigger brass balls than some of his own men. So, he gives Carl the full tour of the Sanctuary including our first view of Negan’s extensive harem. Now, get your head out of the gutter because remember Negan has a “code.” He refers to Carl as a “kid” in front of the women, and tells him that he should “definitely look at their tits,” but nothing else beyond that.
    • Negan has lots of 1-on-1 time with Carl and makes him cry in one particular scene. He also forces Carl to sing him a song (thus the title of the episode), and in the mother of all tear-jerkers, Carl manages to get the words to “You Are My Sunshine” out while tears flow down his cheeks.
    • Ever wonder how Dwight (Austin Amelio) got his burnt face? Well, any comic-book fan knows, but if not, you will find out come Sunday. And, it’s beyond brutal. Here’s a little thing to remember, though. Has anyone ever cooked with a cast-iron skillet? Well, I don’t because crap sticks to them like hell. Same analogy will apply to Sunday’s episode, except it won’t be food that will be sticking.
    • Negan does eventually end up back at Alexandria before the end of the episode, and one of the best scenes is with Olivia. She claims that they are all practically starving to death because of the Saviors, and Negan does nothing but laugh in her face because of her weight. This causes her to break down and start crying, and I’m not talking the “sniff sniff” stuff from a couple of weeks ago. I’m talking taking-her-glasses-off sobbing. But, no worries, because Negan does apologize and then, offers to “screw her brains out” to make it up to her. Olivia’s response — a giant slap in the face! I literally laughed out loud, and it definitely takes Negan off-guard. Ironically, Negan seems to like the feisty type and tells Olivia that just made him like her 50% more.
    • Spencer, Rosita, Eugene, and Father Gabriel all go out on supply runs, but to everyone’s surprise, Spencer is the only one who returns with anything. By a huge stroke of luck, he brings back a pretty big stash of food and supplies, but only uses it to pit others against Rick (Andrew Lincoln), advocating that they should keep it all and not give it to the Saviors. Does this guy have a death wish or what?
    • Michonne (Danai Gurira) hatches a plot to kill Negan, which considering Rosita, Carl, and Sasha are all thinking the same thing, why in the hell not? Well, by the end of the episode and seeing where Negan is and what he’s up to, you definitely will see why Michonne needs to get her ass back to Alexandria because it’s all about to hit the fan.
    Episode 7.07 of The Walking Dead is titled “Sing Me A Song” and airs Sunday at 9/8c on AMC.

2. Chaos

Chaos Searching for my Snatched Wig
    Patron

Walker Pets:
  3. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    We DO get the Negan-Olivia scene!!! :mwhaha:

4. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Yessss Olivia! Lmao

I need this episode NOW!

Marcie69, Ebonymiss and BumpinGrimes like this.
  5. Valerie

Valerie Professional procrastinator....
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Lol yes Olivia :roflmao:

Marcie69 likes this.
  6. Silas

Silas Beloved Side Piece
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Hate me forever but I think having TV Carl sing "you are my sunshine" is dumb as hell. :denise:

vinivre, hewontgo, Lilly965 and 9 others like this.
  7. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My skin is already crawling off my body just reading about the harem. :dale: I'm sharpening my claws in preparation to attack people who defend this shit.

Negan, if you'd like to come over here so I can gut you like a fish for tormenting my son that'd be great. :eyefuck:

QUEEN OLIVIA
    :allthethings:

8. Liv

Liv Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Right next they will have him singing eye on the sparrow :denise:

SunflowerDope likes this.
  9. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Way better summary than the TWD Zone.

I shall pray for my Queen Michonne.

I think I'm falling in love w/ Olivia.

Negan STILL needs to die.

Still nada on Rick and Aaron. I'm beginning to think that the only time they're in this episode is the sneak peak preview.

I feel for Carl, but I'm scared this is gonna be lame as hell. I'm sure CR can/will pull it off. It's just in general I think it's dumb af.

Spencer must die. I hate his... dare I say?... guts.

Marcie69, box5angel and BumpinGrimes like this.
  10. Dobbying

Dobbying Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I'm SO happy that they kept that Olivia scene intact!! Although now I'm mad again that they're going to randomly kill her off in the MSF :ugh: Maybe Negan will get mad at Arat for shooting Olivia?

I was worried about the 'You are My Sunshine' scene at first but now I actually think it's going to be great, Chandler Riggs has always shone in emotional scenes so I am 100% confident he will sell it well, even if he isn't exactly a kid anymore.

Can't believe I have to wait till Monday evening to watch this, stupid time zones! :grumpy:

11. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Babysitting Judith
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    "His eye is on the sparrow".....
    I'm dying....:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Olivia slapping Negan will definitely be my favorite part of the episode!

12. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    YESSSSS!!!! Olivia is schooling Negan in some godDAMNED manners! :olivia::hearts::bravo::dragon: Get him girl!

I'm so happy this review is a positive one. Yes, there is no mention of Rick but there is also no mention of :itt: which is always a win for me.

I think the Carl/Negan scenes will slay and will draw us into this conflict because of our connection and investment in Rick Grimes' son. Watching him be a badass mofo breaking into the Sanctuary, killing two of Negan's men and then dealing with the man himself will be all that and more.

These days need to turn into hours then minutes right quick everyone!

[​IMG]

13. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    The Olivia scene excites the hell out of me :allthethings: I hope she slaps him so hard she takes the lean out of his back :dienegan:

which makes her upcoming demise sad and unnecessary, why can't it be Tara instead :gabe: .

14. Harshmallow

Harshmallow Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Olivia!!:olivia::allthethings::allthethings::allthethings::allthethings:

So nothing on Rick...great.:harold:

15. BumpinGrimes

BumpinGrimes Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Sounds like a great episode! But really, WHERE'S RICK?:rickwtf: He better not just be in the first 2 minutes...

16. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    That's my fear at this point.

LunaFall and BumpinGrimes like this.
  17. Ashley

Ashley Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm so excited. Hope this will be a change in the tide for Season 7 and the GA's opinion of it thus far.

BumpinGrimes likes this.
  18. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Get 'em, Olivia. Slap the taste out his mouth:olivia::bravo:

Where the heck is Rick?:notlooking::rant:

Badass Queen Michonne handling her business like the boss that she is!:michonneeye::D

My baby boy getting his arc. Break a leg, CR:carl3::cool2:

Soon, Spencer, Soon!:spen::mal:

And screw you, Negan!:dienegan::dienegan::dienegan:

19. epiath

epiath Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I love TWD. Awesome Sneak peek here!!!!

20. LavenderNight

LavenderNight Den Mother
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Ha! I love the fact that Bratty Spencer is bringing some drama inside the group.
    He got guts, I give him that. :lol:

:dale:
    How old are you, Negan?

Yesss! You go girl!:bravo:

Interesting, I wonder if she's going to contact Rick with the walkie-talkie.