1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article TWD Midseason Finale Ratings Fall From 2015

Discussion in '7x08: Hearts Still Beating' started by Mullet of Lies, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Lennykae

Lennykae Scott Gimple is the Janet Evanovich of TV.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    The folks that have left are never coming back. The best AMC can hope for is stability and not driving the rest of us away who are one deep breath away from falling off the ledge (I know I've been saying this since last year, but it's true this time).

I bought the episode on Amazon this morning (which I only do if I like it), and the s7 ratings are a mess. The average is 3.5 stars and it's the only season that low. The top critical review is titled something like "If you like kneeling, you'll love this." I didn't read anymore bc I was already running behind. The scene in the clearing was enough, but then they doubled down and all we saw was Negan. Then you download an ep, and it's his face. Then if you were interested in anything else, too bad, Negan is all you're getting. Then instead of being excited for extended eps, they seem to be so he can talk more. It's been exhausting. I hate seeing the show losing, but if it's not working for people, why should TPTB be led to think otherwise?

Anyway, I know better, they can't possibly continue this path. To just let their flagship show stay on this crash course for the sake of hubris would be bizarre. I just can't imagine shareholders being ok with AMC basically driving into a wall. I would genuinely love to be surprised that they've read the situation and make real efforts to fix this. I know they didn't expect their hyped up product to be such a problem. Seeing Rick back where he belongs on the promo made me happy, but I won't be happy if it's just bait.

But time will tell if I get kicked in the teeth again. Likely. :sadmaggie:

They also need to think about future sales. They are going to create so many boxed sets/LE sets of TWD once it's over. A lot of the issues stem from s5 to now no matter what segment of the fandom you're in. How can you sell those when people know a significant chunk of eps are sh!t or close to sh!t?

2. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  3. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    candi18z, treecie, Ashley and 7 others like this.
  4. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Atributetoorange and lovingdead like this.
  5. idcabtthisish

Walker Pets:
    Okay I actually read the article this time. PERFECT advice. Gimple... PLEASE... if you see this... don't just take notes. Don't paraphrase. Fucking PLAGIARIZE this shit. Verbatim. TurnItIn.com percentage should be 100% (can u tell I just finished finals LOL).

6. idcabtthisish

Walker Pets:
    *Goes back and reads the spoiler journal.* (Cus I don't remember
    7b
    exciting me LOL.)

7. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I agree with everything especially this part. I'm one of those people who didn't realize how hard Glenn's death would impact my enjoyment of the show. Despite knowing for months that Glenn was going to be killed, accepting it months before I saw it on-screen, him not being on the show is hard to take. I love Richonne, the writing for them is not perfect but so far the writers have done a great job with them. I enjoy them, Sasha /Maggie/Jesus/Ezekiel ( the little I have seen of them but I can't fully enjoy the show cause it's so depressing.

8. Lennykae

Patron

Walker Pets:

this is true. I miss Glenn a lot and Abe too (but the hole isn't as big) and it was incredibly noticeable when they all walked into Barrington. :(

9. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Totally agree. Good story is not about being willing to kill beloved characters .It's about how you tell the story, even if it's a story everyone already know from start to finish, how you tell it will determine whether you keep their interest or not.

10. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I know. I immediately thought of this pic when they were all on the road together when all of TF were still together:( Abe and Glenn on each endT_TT_T

[​IMG]

lovingdead and Barbarossa-TWD like this.
  11. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I know!! I thought if this as well!! Abe and Glenn :(T_T. You had Uncle Glenn, Aunt Maggie, and Uncle Abe slightly behind King and Queen Richonne who are front and center, and the Prince and Princess Judith being protected by Abe, Maggie and Glenn and and the rest of TF bringing up the rear. I love it!
    It was so noticeable during the TF HT walk that Glenn and Abe were missing, but Maggie was wearing a baseball hat like Glenn used to do during S1-S2 in honor of her beloved Glenn and.visiting Glenn/Abe at their graves so the feels were there. Miss them so damned much!!!! T_T

lovingdead likes this.
  12. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    It's people like this in this video who watch the show just to see who gets killed. This person actually thought that Rick was going to kill Michonne when they were in the cell. The fact that he could even imagine such a scenario shows that there is something really wrong in the story telling or lack thereof...

13. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I can not tell you how much I miss Glenn. Sometimes it just feels like I am barely hanging on with this show. All I can do is hope that these ratings will be some kind of a wake up call for TPTB, and that the at least try to do a better job next season

SevenStars likes this.
  14. Iguessiamhere

Iguessiamhere Survivor of Many Disasters
    Patron

Walker Pets:

I miss Glenn too!
    tumblr_inline_o8feh7BYNO1tuy67c_500.gif

AbsoluteTrash likes this.
  15. LavenderNight

LavenderNight Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    More like someone desperate for some more death scenes. :dale:
    Or maybe someone who bet some real money on Michonne being the LV.

16. Iguessiamhere

Iguessiamhere Survivor of Many Disasters
    Patron

Walker Pets:

The writing in show can be lacking, but that had nothing to do with this guy's thinking. Episode 4 told him how Rick feels about Michonne. Him thinking that Rick would kill Michonne says more about himself then then the story. His other cohosts was looking at strangely for suggesting those scenarios.

17. MrsG

MrsG Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    They're re-writing S8 as we speak. Negan is dead meat.

18. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    It really does. I couldn't believe he actually thought Rick would kill her. The other two just looked at him like he was on something. What's worse is that a few people in the comments thought Rick might do it too. Most of the comments thought he was crazy for even saying such a ridiculous thing. Even if they weren't together Rick would never kill her. He wouldn't kill anyone from TF.

19. Lennykae

Patron

Walker Pets:

:lol::lol:

[​IMG]

20. MadameCassie

MadameCassie Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    There are some fans (that are still watching the show) that actually fell in love with Negan. They initially hated him., too. Gimple & dem recognizes that, too. I think Gimple said that S7 will be told thru the eyes of Negan so who knows wjat will happen when the show comes back.