1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article TWD Midseason Finale Ratings Fall From 2015

Discussion in '7x08: Hearts Still Beating' started by Mullet of Lies, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Bailey88

Bailey88 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    This use to be my favorite show but now that title belongs to Game of Thrones. I started getting frustrated in 5b but I continued to watch because I love the characters. Not focusing on the core group and reducing Rick's screen time was a mistake. I hope AMC put pressure on Gimple and Kirkman so they can start to improve this show. I also think Glenn's exit was shitty. Glenn should have had a better departure after being on the show for so long. Deciding to manipulate the audience with a CH in 6b to increase ratings blew up in their faces so it serves them right.

2. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm not surprised some fans started to love him. That's what Gimple, etc. were hoping for, I'm sure. The kind of in-your-face promotion they were using with Negan works on some people. But AL genuinely sounds happier about 7B and I think the "lighter" tone they've all alluded to will make a big difference.

lovingdead, MadameCassie and msbold1 like this.
  3. MadameCassie

MadameCassie Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    Yeah even the folks behind the show's social media accounts were pitting the fanbase against each other spitting that "Team Negan and Team Rick" crap lol

msbold1, slade3 and ALDGRichonneLover like this.
  4. slade3

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I know. Someone posted about it on the forum and I was so disappointed. I watched a show on ABC Family called Twisted that pulled that same thing. They were pitting the fanbases of the two lead females against each other by posting #PoorJo (one of the young women) on the TV screen whenever the lead male had scenes with the other young woman. I dropped the show after that because I'd heard some of the fans were getting nasty with each other after taking sides. I don't think it helped the show because it was eventually cancelled. I'm not sure why TWD would pull something like that.

5. MadameCassie

MadameCassie Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    I remember that show! I hated when they did that. I also hated how they made Lacey (the black girl) somewhat of an enemy.

msbold1 and slade3 like this.
  6. slade3

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I really liked Lacey and she had great chemistry with the actor. But the show wanted Jo to be the lead, it seemed, and worked hard to make Lacey the bad guy. I stopped watching after they did that hashtag campaign. (I just learned from Sweetdee on this forum that the actress who played Lacey is the actress on the new show Pitch.)

Sorry for going off-topic, but that campaign reminds me a bit of what TWD was doing to Rick in 7A. It was almost as if they were trying to turn fans against him.

7. Mischonne

Mischonne Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Ugh!! I'm worried y'all. I don't want my Richonne story to be disrupted . Yes I'm selfish.

The live ratings are down but what about the viewers who dvr or Watch the show on demand.

8. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Babysitting Judith
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    SweetDee85 and Gekari like this.
  9. Mischonne

Mischonne Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Summer Breeze likes this.
  10. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron