1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll TWD Rewatch Club: Chupacabra 2x05

Discussion in 'Season 2' started by SevenStars, Jul 17, 2016.

?

What grade would give 2x04 ?

This poll will close on Aug 17, 2019 at 9:47 AM.
  1. A

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. B

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. C

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far or at least a peaceful one. My only complaint this weekend is that it's way, way too hot for my liking. Anyway. I loved reading everyone's take on the last episode especially when it came to Lori because she is one of those characters that is hard to pin down who she is and what she really want. The only thing I know for sure about Lori is that she is a good person, everything else about her is questionable to me. So I like reading others view on her and I can't wait to see what you have to say.

1. Do you agree or disagree with Shane about Rick making a bad call by searching for Sophia ? Why?
    2. What did you think of Merle and Daryl's scenes ?
    3. Was there any improvement in the writing for the women ?
    4. What did you noticed this time that you didn't notice last time ?

@Sasha's Living Room @lovingdead @Katbird @Flower1petals @Caribbeanqueen11 @MrsG@chaundee @Gooey Goobert @Canuckgirl @Jetamors
    @TexasZAgal

I'm going to keep posting the plan for this club in every post, going forward for at least the first few weeks so that those who are joining us for the first time can get the info. For those who read it in the last post, just skip it and go to the questions.

1. We watch two episodes per week. Wednesday and Sunday. We spend the days in between each episode discussing the episodes. So we have would have a 3 days to watch and discuss each episodes.

2. I will try to post at least 3 questions in each new episode post but that doesn't mean that's the only thing we can discuss. If people have other comments, or questions base on the episode, they are free to post them and add them to the discussions. The questions that I be posting is just like something to break the ice, nothing more. So people don't have to feel obligated to only talk or respond to these questions. This discussion is free for all type of style as long we try to stay within the context of the episodes.

3. The post for each episodes will be posted in the seasons thread with a poll for each episodes.

#1 SevenStars, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Katbird likes this.
  2. Sasha's Living Room

Sasha's Living Room Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    somewhere with excessive air conditioning
    1. Rick, easily. And it's not just him either. Most of the people in their group do not want to live in a world where they give up on a lost child so easily. Rick is not only doing what he personally thinks is right, but he's honouring what the group itself would want. What kind of leader would do otherwise without a truly compelling reason for it? When they fight in the woods, I love Shane's brutal honesty (finally revealing to Rick what kind of man he is) AND Rick's growing certainty that he's doing the right thing, echoed in Lori's reassurance that he's making very difficult decisions for everyone.
    Still another couple of tests ahead, but even when Shane was right, he was wrong. :carol:

2. I actually found it tedious until Merle showed up. Not because I like Merle at all but because I found it interesting how Daryl took his taunts as encouragement. But still, it went on a bit too long for me. At one point when Daryl was lying there and Merle was saying he was going to die on the ground, I noticed that the pattern of dirt on Daryl's mouth kept disappearing/reappearing/changing places on every cut back to his face. Lol, so much for continuity.

I wish there was some explanation for what the deal was with the necklace of walker ears. Anyone got one?

3. Maggie's independent thinking is still refreshing. She rejects Glenn because he's coming off too cocky (I don't blame her), but then the way it's framed it seems she wants to get back with him just to stick it to her dad? That was weird. Glenn's comments about the women all being on their period would have been cute (?), except Glenn himself is the hormonal one and Daryl is the one who has acted the weirdest by the end.

4. There was a barn walker that could have been Sophia, but it was tough to tell for sure because it was standing behind another walker (on the upper left side, I think).

#2 Sasha's Living Room, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Katbird, SevenStars and Jetamors like this.
  3. Jetamors

Jetamors Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I could see both of their points, TBH. I mean, at this point they knew she probably wasn't alive, but OTOH... what are you going to do, not search for a missing child? How much would that really make anything better.
    I really like Daryl's whole subplot here, and I think the way they used Merle was really good. I think this was the point where they really started developing the parallels between Daryl and Carol/Sophia as abuse survivors.

BTW, so Daryl, Rick, and Michonne all hallucinated important people in their lives. I wonder if Carol ever hallucinated Ed or Sophia.
    I'd say it was similar to the last episodes; I've said pretty much everything I had to say about it in previous threads.

Still no changes to the female zombie kill count!
    Hmm, nothing in particular. I didn't really like the way Maggie treated Glenn when I first watched... I wanted to see if my opinion would change, but TBH it didn't. I feel like she's just a little too mean to him. (Though I think a lot of this has more to do with my taste in shipping than their dynamic being objectively good/bad.) I like Gleggie a lot after they get together properly, but I'm still kind of eh on these early episodes.

Also, I think this was the episode where I started disliking Hershel. Trying to be in charge of everyone's business even when it had nothing to do with him :mad: I bounce off that kind of patriarchal nonsense pretty hard.

4. SevenStars

Walker Pets:
    2x05

I love that Shane told Lori that he was going to do what Rick would have wanted him to do, to get Lori and Carl to safety. That is so true.

It was interesting that when Carol told Lori that she the unofficial the first lady because she was Rick’s wife, Lori smiling softly, as she watched Rick gathered people around to tell them what to do.

Glenn trying to flirt with Maggie is so adorable. Glenn is just adorable all the way around. I love him.

I understand why Rick went to Lori for reassurance after talking to Shane but I didn’t like it. The like that Lori had his back but it felt more like she was talking to herself instead of him. Like she was trying to make herself feel better for not telling him yet about the baby. So while I applauded her giving him the reassurance he was clearly looking for, it felt too much like a self-serving for my liking.

In the last episode, I loved the Daryl’s scenes. I thought he was great and I was reminded of why I loved him. But I didn’t like his scenes in this episode because it felt forced, like the writers were trying too hard to make him the root-for character. It didn’t feel genuine like it did in the last episode. It kind of turned me off, so I wasn’t rooting for him, I just felt annoyed.

I get and understand why Herschel is acting the way he is but I just don’t like it. At this point I dislike Herschel more than I do Dale.

Seriously, Andrea, seriously!!! Daryl did look like walker but wasn’t she the one who pointed a gun at Rick and accused him of putting their lives in danger because he shooted walkers. Now the gang wants to quietly deal with a walker and instead of letting them, she mistakenly shot Daryl. All because she wanted to show off. I get that she was frustrated and annoyed at the way the men were treating her. Even I was annoyed on her behalf at the way they are dealing with her. But still I wish she would think before she acts. I wish she be pro-active, not act like a rebellious teenager.

1. Do you agree or disagree with Shane about Rick making a bad call by searching for Sophia ? Why?

I think Shane was right because it seems like such a hopeless cause. But I sided with Rick because I understand where Rick was coming from. I think a lot of Rick's decision about Sophia had less to do with believing that Sophia was really still out there alive and more to do with him feeling guilty for the bad call he made leaving Sophia when he had her. Also because he is a father who would like to believe if Carl was the one missing, people would still be looking for him. So while logically I think Shane was right, I think searching for Sophia was something Rick needed to do. And I didn't see it really costing the group anything.

I would have loved them if I didn't feel like the writers were trying way too damn hard to make Daryl the root for character and it annoyed me. But despite that, I appreciated the insight it gave into why Daryl was with the group. I liked the continuity of it from last episode when Rick basically told Daryl he was free to leave the group and he didn't need to feel obligated to stay. In these scenes with Merle it was clear that Daryl isn't staying with the group out of some misplace obligation but because he wants to belong somewhere. He wants to be someone that people can love and count on. I think the way Rick and Carol treats him makes him believe that he can find some love within that group and he is willing to stay to see if he can find what he is looking for with them.

It actually seems to have gone backward. You have Maggie a 22 yr old woman so afraid of talking to a boy because of her father that she is acting like she in elementary school passing notes to. You have Andrea being talk to by the men like she is a child and the writers having her shoot Daryl because she was acting like a rebellious teenager. You have Carol cooking dinner and washing clothes instead of being out there with Daryl to help look for her daughter. It seems like all the men are out there searching for Sophia while the women are doing nothing pro-active to help in the search.

It was ridiculous. I think this was a bad episode for the women because I can't think of one good thing that came out of this episode for the women. Yeah, I'm began to really appreciate SG.

4. What did you noticed this time that you did notice last time ?
    The amount of time the writers spent on Daryl and how hard it was they were trying to push him into the audiences heart. How close Dale and Glenn were. I remembered Dale being close to Andrea or obsessed with her but I didn't remember him being this close to Glenn, enough to think about things he might enjoy when he is searching for things. How much guilt Rick seems to have over his stupid ass decision where Sophia was concerned.

Katbird and Jetamors like this.
  5. SevenStars

Walker Pets:
    @Sasha's Living Room

I think it went on so long because the writers were basically telling the audience "Please love Daryl. Daryl is a lovable character you should root for him. Love him!! Root for him!!! ." It was too much for me and it made the loving feelings I was having for Daryl because of the last episode disappear.

I think it was his way of trying to keep the walkers off him. So that if he looks like them, smell like them, they would think he was one of them.

Since Maggie's introduction I thought the writers were finally improving in their writing for the women. But this episode was a set-back in regard to this because I didn't like any of Maggie's scene. I didn't think Glenn was being cocky, I thought he was just trying to feel her out because he is unsure of what they are doing. Because one minute she makes it clear that Glenn is not her type and the next she is asking him for sex. So Glenn is trying to speak her language since it seems that's all she might want from him. So I was actually on Glenn side in this situation.

I don't think so because when we see Sophia next, she isn't burnt.

Katbird likes this.
  6. SevenStars

Walker Pets:
    @Jetamors,

I agree, which is why I think Shane was just being an asshole to Rick.

I didn't like it either because I thought she was acting way too much like a high school girl. But I might be a little bias because I don't want anyone hurting or playing with adorable Glenn's feeling.

[​IMG]

#6 SevenStars, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  7. Sasha's Living Room

Walker Pets:
    That makes sense. Thank you!

iirc he opens with "So there are 11 condoms left," and there was another presumptuous line like that in there. (Something that ended with "you should" but I can't remember it now.) We know Glenn and we're supposed to sympathize with him here. I do, but I also found it surprising how he took it for granted she'd sleep with him again. If he was more humble/respectful about it, I don't think she would have reacted that way. I got the impression he was naively assuming she automatically agreed to be his eff-buddy. Maggie was going to come around eventually on her own terms, but unfortunately the timing of it makes it look like she did it to defy her father. The only person I thought was truly being mean was Dale. I still can't believe he told Glenn off for sleeping with Maggie. I can understand him being disappointed in Glenn, but he really came down hard there. I didn't blame Glenn at all for being upset with him at that point.

Good point. I'll have to watch that later though, as I thought not all the walkers got burnt.

btw you reminded me Glenn and Dale's closeness struck me as well. SY makes a comment in that one interview about books Dale would have shared with Glenn off screen. He must have been thinking of the book-returning scene.

8. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    This is a favorite episode of mine. I already said that I really liked the episodes on the farm. It was before I knew anything/little about the comic, so I was thinking everything would be okay, they'd figure out a way to live. I was getting that the human stuff was the hardest thing to negotiate/navigate...as always, really. I continue to love Hershel, so Hershel and Rick together is just gravy for me. The way they are interacting is special. As I watch, I can see how big the impact of them meeting was on Rick.

This is the episode when we see how much Daryl is invested in the new people in his life. He is unsure of how to cope with his feelings, but he is all in for Team Family, determined to not give up on Sophia. He is tough. I have to look away from the screen when he is moving around with that bolt/arrow in his side. Then he pulled in through! I can't look at it, eww. (It is very revealing into his past, he is used to pain. I like him a lot...it makes me sad for him.).

1. The one issue where I don't feel conflicted about Shane, lol...looking for Sophia. It is an easy thing for me: you look for a lost child. He (Shane) is a trying to keep them all safe, but he is also trying to keep them from having another set back--being in dispair if she is not found, dead, or bit/turned. That's why he ends the talk about their high school days with the comments about nostalgia. He wants Rick to put a period, accept that the world they knew is gone. If Rick said, "Okay, done. Too bad, Carol. We tried," then, that would show that Rick was changing to suit the way the world had become. The ability to chalk people up to a cost/benefit ("math") dynamic is what Shane thinks is necessary. Rick does not think that way. Number one: he feels responsible; number two: he thinks it's his duty; number three: she's a child. That's the math Rick does--he counts the reasons why he can't give up. I feel him on all of it. I think Shane was just caught up in his feelings: feelings for Carl and Lori, feelings about what happened with Otis, feelings for Rick . Feelings that he couldn't escape, you know, being right there with it all, he wanted to move on, out some distance between himself and all if it. I can't imagine what he was feeling having to see Patricia and the rest of them everyday. (Uh,oh...I'm doing it again) So, I don't agree with Shane saying that Rick's decision was a bad one. They/Rick had to try. How could they go on together without doing all they could?
    2. When this first aired, I was happy! "Yay!" I thought, "Michael Rooker!" He is such a good actor and I really like his work. So, I was glad to see his name in the opening credits. That said, this is the first time we actually see the two together, and I liked the way they did it, I liked the hallucination. Michael Rooker/Merle is so interesting. Daryl's "talk"with him was great. That line about being an errand boy to that, shall we say, eclectic list, is very authentic and well delivered. MR nailed that character, he was excellent. And, Norman Reedus held his own. Good work by them both. We get to see a little of why Daryl is the way he is. Merle and Daryl had a lot of adventures/interesting times together, I'll bet. Those Dixon boys! But, most of what came across was a dysfunctional kind of relationship, maybe a little bullying was going on, verbal abuse?, idk, with the two of them. I think the writers wanted us to see that Daryl had very little going for him before the turn. But, I loved the scenes.
    3. I just like the way they write for Maggie, it is pretty good. She has a clear personality. Well defined. Lauren Cohan does a good job playing her. Fiesty and funny. She plays well off Glenn and Hershel. So that was a big improvement. The new Andrea is good, she was working in setting up the search and she told Shane to chill about it, the search was going on. Not in so many words, but her remark, about "anybody" could mean Sophia too, was a great point. She told Dale the same thing, "I have to have some control over my life...stop trying to tell me what to do". Now, it went sideways a bit, but, she is not just letting herself be bossed around by the men and the circumstances anymore. Good for her. Lori trying to suppot her guy...good, I guess. I'm just always unsure of her motives. Is she being supportive, is she trying to placate him, trying to stay a step ahead of him in the mess with Shane?--'cause she was scared Rick was 'bout to tell her they, him and Shane, talked about what happened before he got back...she was scared. I am seeing the improvement, little by little, for the women.
    5. I noticed that watching Ed in the flashback makes me really mad, he is a real jerk! In that flashback, Shane mentions doing what Rick would want him to do, get Lori and Carl to safety. They had not yet crossed the line in their relationship. He's still thinking about his partner/friend/bro. That was nice. Aside: I can't imagine watching something like that, the dropping of napalm in an American city by American forces, it upsets me every time. JB and SWC did an awesome job capturing what the reaction to that would be. Unbelievable.
    A point about the search for Sophia, I feel like Shane is keeping a list, of some sort, in his head, of tests/fails/choices Rick has made that is leading to that night on that little rise in the moonlight. Searching for Sophia is like number three on that list. Even though I know what happens, its making me uneasy about that list in Shane's head getting longer and longer. They both are under so much pressure, different kinds, but pressure, all the same. Lori needs to stop having little talks with Shane, it is not helping anything. Not helping Shane, not helping her, not helping the situation, and is kinda adding to Shane wanting Rick's place.

9. Sasha's Living Room

Walker Pets:
    I just want to echo (in case I didn't already... ?) that I too was completely sucked in on my first watch. Even though I wasn't that invested in any of the characters yet (except Rick, Carl, Shane, Lori, and Glenn), my curiosity was piqued. I didn't think ahead or start analyzing character behaviour until after I'd binge-watched the entire series, so I had no special thoughts about character motives or whether it really made sense on the farm. Just the vague feeling that they were a little exposed. (From there my thought process would go: "But the camp worked so maybe this is going to be okay? But they can't make any noise that would attract walkers. But what about the guns they have, what good are they then? Maybe they need some silencers... etc. etc.)

Also, that reminds me; Andrea in the last two episodes is improving but then they have that weird bit where she insists on trying to take out a walker with a rifle from a distance after everyone tells her they want to handle it quietly. @SevenStars had a really good point about how little sense that makes for her to do when she made such a big deal about attracting walkers in S1E2. But I guess country Andrea is more laid back than city Andrea? XD

SevenStars, Katbird and Jetamors like this.
  10. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I feel a bit confused, and, admittedly, I am easily confused. Aren't the burned walkers from the herd that overrun the farm? You know, Rick and Carl set the barn on fire in *Beside the Dying Fire* to escape. The walkers in the barn were people the Greens knew, for the most part, right? They(Team FAM) put down those "people" in *Pretty Much Dead Already*, right?--when Shane makes that call after his little melt down. I think the coming episodes will help clarify, not trying to jump head, I was just confused.
    And, the taking of the ears...trophies, I think. That used to happen in the bad times in the South...you know *heavy sigh* lynchings...it was a common practice. There is a good bit of imagery/metaphors associated with the American Civil War, IMO, in S2. The setting, the "burning" of Atlanta, Nebraska and Better Angels as episode titles, brother against brother with Rick and Shane, how to think of the walkers, and a couple of others--and soldiers of that war, Confederates, in particular, took the ears of Union soldiers, especially if they happened to be Black units...as well. I'm thinking this was a subtle way to include those themes. All working towards building the New World. All my opinion, of course...I may be thinking too much.

If I'm off base, out of sequence, on the episodes, please, help me out...I get turned around sometimes.

Jetamors and Sasha's Living Room like this.
  11. Sasha's Living Room

Walker Pets:
    @Katbird I thought the fire wasn't until later either, but I'm not sure if there might be something I forgot. Thanks for the insight on the Civil War parallels. That's interesting stuff. I wouldn't mind reading more as you see it come up or think of it in passing. :)

Katbird likes this.
  12. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Sorry I'm so late guys, I fell behind big time last week and got caught up in SDCCon stuff so I just watched this Episode.

Anyhow, I liked the way that this episode starts as it gives us some context as to what Shane and Lori went through when they left to get to Atlanta. I think I recall in a further episode, I think its 18 miles out - but we'll get to it, that Shane gives some sort of confirmation that by the time they left town Rick had been in the hospital for about two weeks.

What I recall was I wondered why Lori had left Carl behind with people she just met especially with what was going on. I will comment on this further in response to the last question.

I completely disasgee with Shane (no surprise there). I could understand abandoning the search back before the ZA when they had other serious issues to deal with BUT they were sitting on their ass on a farm doing nothing, even if they knew in their hearts that she was likely gone, at the very least keep looking even to try and give Carol some sort of closure. Also, if it was Carl, as Lori had said in an earlier episode, would Shane have had the same attitude? I think its easier to stop looking when its someone else's child. I think its very difficult for Shane to understand as he is not a parent, and although he loves Carl, he's never experienced the love a parent as for their child and the understanding that you have for another parents' need to keep looking for their missing child despite the odds. Also as others have said, she is a child, how can you live with yourself if you did not do everything possible to try and find her, especially with time on your hands.

2. What did you think of Merle and Daryl's scenes ? I loved the Merle and Daryl scenes and wondered at the time why they were delving into the background of a secondary character. By the timerDaryl pulled out the arrow and killed 2 walkers with a hole in his side, then ate raw meat for sustenance while he pulled himself up, the lightbulb went off and I realized that FD/GM was setting him up to be the main lieutenant/resident badass. Of course immediately following that episode the Fandom went wild and Daryl Dixon the badass was born. This, I believe was the episode that established Daryl as the fan favourite, it was all that was talked about on TD and even CH had a constant hard-on for him and gushed about it for the entire show. In the meantime, in my opinion, you had Shane and Rick having the talk about their past and its underscored that Shane was the proverbial woman's man and this irked me in the next episode but I will touch on that when I give my comments.

Anyhow it just underscored, at least to me, that Rick was the sweet inexperienced guy, and Shane the Jock. It was almost as if Rick would have been lucky to get his leftovers and would not have even known what to do with them. It made the fact that Lori slept with Shane even more glaring and, might I say, insulting to Rick. For me it was the equivalent of them saying "Hey Shane has a big dick and he's amazing in bed but Rick, he's aright but he's got no game" The audience all knows who Shane was doing and at that stage believe Rick is in the dark. How can Rick compete with that? For the rest of the season I wondered if Lori had found more physical pleasure with the experienced Shane and i also thought that perhaps Rick must have felt at least a little insecure that his wife had banged his stud best friend. Either way the dichotomy between Daryl the cool hero dude and Rick the chump left a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended! LOL!).

3. Was there any improvement in the writing for the women ? I hated the fact that the one time a woman (Andrea) gets a chance to prove herself with a gun she fucks up royally. Coupled with the men telling her to let them the 'menfolk' handle it, it just made me a little salty. Its as if they're saying you're really just sitting on top of the RV for show darlin' we don't want you to strain yourself - then she proves them right.. the writing is definitely not better.
    4. What did you noticed this time that you didn't notice last time ? I didn't realize how far Lori and Shane had walked to get to the overlook too see the napalm being dropped and I wondered if they realized they would have never been able to get to Carl if a herd had passed through with them so close to the City. I also felt that Lori seemed a little helpless, I know that Shane might have been seen as a gentlemen taking her hand to help her step over a stump that wasn't more than 10 inches high, but perhaps the writer did this deliberately to focus on her need to be protected.

13. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Crap, I realized i didn't comment on Glen and Maggie. When I first watched it I thought that Maggie was just using Glen (i.e. the last man on earth theory) but on second watch I see there is some attraction between them.

I love the look on Glen's face in the pharmacy scene, it was as if she told him he had won the lottery! LOL.. he looked shell shocked. I do feel she was a little mean after their return home, but love that Glen hung in there.. and the rest as they say is history.

Jetamors likes this.
  14. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Sorry, I fell off the wagon there for a bit, but I'm slowly catching up.

I don’t agree with him, but I understand it. I understand where he’s coming from and his argument, and he does make solid points in a very harsh manner. It doesn’t make it any easier to accept. This is a child. You want to do everything you can before you accept defeat, and like someone mentioned, it’s not like they were doing anything else to occupy their time. And everyone who is looking for her volunteered and are armed and equipped.

I definitely don’t agree with Shane blaming Rick for Carl getting shot. That was a freak accident. But I think this is also Shane blaming Rick for what he had to do. If they weren’t still searching for Sophia, Carl would never have been shot, and Shane wouldn’t have had to make that decision to kill Otis.

But once again Shane makes it abundantly clear why he would not be a good leader. He tells Lori that she and Carl are the only two on his mind. That’s not a leader. And Lori is right. Shane’s way is the easy way out.

Eh. I like Daryl when he shows his softer side like him looking for Sophia and comforting Carol with the Cherokee Rose. Those are the moments I’m not expecting but enjoying.

Him going through this ridiculous trial that made him look like superman just got eye rolls from me.

I liked it when Merle came on the scene. It gave a nice insight into Daryl’s character, but this sub plot stretched too long and some of the macho man antics (Daryl climbing a cliff with an arrow to the side and fighting off the walkers with those injuries) were a little too try hard.

I always feel weird when characters acknowledge that something is amiss and then never do anything about it. For example, back in S1 Andrea complained about why the women are saddled with the housework, and there wasn’t much done to change that in S1.

Things progressed better in S2 but it’s still plagued with the same problem. So, Andrea has graduated from doing the traditional roles to guarding with a gun. Progress, right? Nah, instead the writers decide to create this unbelievable convoluted mess that essentially punishes Andrea for trying. Somehow Daryl just happens to mimic the movement of a walker, and somehow Andrea decides to abandon any sense and decides she’s gonna shoot a gun that very well could attract other walkers around the area, and somehow the sun just happened to interfere with her vision so she couldn’t see that it was Daryl? Really, now? REALLY?

And then we’re treated to a shirtless Shane with his pecs on full display telling her they [men] will handle this as they all grab their weapons and head out. Things didn’t help with Glenn’s period question that preceded this scene. Is it that inconceivable to think that maybe Andrea wants to be prepared and able to handle a gun? This scene was so contrived and badly done, that I can’t lay the blame on Andrea but just the writers. One step forward, two steps back

4. What did you noticed this time that you didn't notice last time ?

I liked the beginning scene. I think it cements the idea that it would be worse to watch the world crumble than to be awoken into a new world. Obviously, both are terrible circumstances, but for me, the former is worse than the latter. This is the reason why I’m a bit more forgiving about Lori sleeping with Shane. The old world died, so why not begin anew? That and also because we know there is a rift between Rick and her, so her sleeping with Shane just sells that there is something wrong with their marriage.

I liked the fatherly moment with Dale and Glenn. It was sweet, and it makes sense when Glenn is hit hard from his death. I also liked Dale comforting Andrea after shooting Daryl. I like the lighter, not so overbearing, scenes with Dale and Andrea.

I can’t believe Glenn, Maggie, Beth, and Jimmy had their own kid’s table while they ate dinner. :lol: