1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll TWD REWATCH CLUB: Guts 1x2

Discussion in 'Season 1' started by SevenStars, Jun 12, 2016.

?

What grade would you give 1x1 ?

Poll closed Jul 12, 2016.
  1. A

14 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. B

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Glenn *sobs quietly*

gootvansquid likes this.
  2. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    1. What do you think about Lori taking off her wedding rings weeks after Shane told her that Rick was supposedly dead ? Just made me like her even less knowing how long it took Rick to take off his ring even with all the drama that he went through with Lori/Shane. At first I thought she still had them on in the first episode because I saw a ring, but then in this episode she took the chain off with the actual wedding ring and put it in the dirt -- how appropriate -- when she and Shane were going at it. That other ring was just a ring. I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. I guess it didn't work, lol!

2. What do you think about how the writers wrote the women in this episodes ? (I will probably ask this question or a variation of it in every post because I noticed in the last discussion that it was hot topic when it comes to comparing the writers) . Oh, man, did I hate Andrea from the first frame of her with that gun in Rick's face. Always trying to be a badass *sighs* I did like Jacqui who actually was of help. And needless to say, Lori was on my list from this episode on. She just moved on to Shane a little too quick for me.

3. Which character caught your notice in this episode ? My sweet cinnamon roll Glenn:|

4. What did you notice was different from the last time you view this episodes ? ( This is a question I will asked in every episode post) Pretty much the same, but just noticed that Rick no matter what is a leader, and people gravitate to him. He had just met these people, they were pissed at him for almost getting them killed, but yet here they were already looking to him, and he stepped up with Merle, with coming up with the plan to get them out of there. Cream always rises to the top. Rick Grimes is cream, y'all. And just further solidified why I would be in Rick Grimes group if there was a choice. Shane will leave you. Rick will go get you. As soon as Rick stepped into that camp, it was only a matter of time before he became the leader even though Shane had been the de facto leader for the group, another blow to Shane's ego I would imagine on top of losing his new family.

I laughed at Merle telling T-Dog that their kind wasn't made to mix and immediately thought of Richonne. Merle definitely would have gotten a kick out of their being together, Officer Friendly and the Nubian Queen, and would have teased them unmercifully. He was Abe before Abe, lol! Moral of the story, though: It don't pay to be a racist even in the ZA:0

lovingdead and SevenStars like this.
  3. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Posters on here have corrected me on the ring issue. They said it was Rick's rings, not Lori's. That Lori was still wearing hers.

4. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Too funny. I was just coming back on to update because watching Tell it to the Frogs, and she asks Rick if he wants his ring back which is on the chain around her neck. So those are her wedding rings on her finger. So many little things that can be missed even after seeing these episodes multiple times. And he didn't take it off again until Season 6.