1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll TWD Rewatch Club: Home 3x10

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by SevenStars, Sep 21, 2016.

?

What grade would you give episode 3x09?

This poll will close on Oct 21, 2019 at 8:19 PM.
  1. A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. B

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Hey everyone,

I hope the week have been treating you good. As for me, my life have been so hectic that I didn't even know that this week was the season premiere for most shows. Since I won't be able to watch any of these shows until later on down the line, I'm ignoring that they have started. I'm not even thinking about the new shows. I hope your shows started of with a bang that makes you look forward to the rest of the season. Anyway lets get this show on the road.

Questions for the this episode:
    1. What are you thoughts on the way Glenn behaved in this episode ?
    2. Do you agree with Herschel when he suggested that they should simply move out off the prison before the The Governor come to them?
    3.What did you think of the Daryl/Merle scenes ?
    4. How was the writing for the women in the episode?
    5. What did you notice this time that you didn't notice the last time you watched the episode ?

2. Sasha's Living Room

Sasha's Living Room Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    somewhere with excessive air conditioning
    Waaaa I missed when this was posted and then got hung up a couple of days but I am back! Lessee now...

1. As I mentioned before, this is one rare time I wasn't particularly proud of Glenn's behaviour. Maggie's pointed "Do you feel better now?" really drove it home just where he was coming from there. There was a hint of this from him that I couldn't miss from right after they were interrogated, but this is certainly the worst part. The writing was weird though. I thought Maggie already told Glenn that the G didn't rape her back then, yet apparently he needed an "answer" again?

2. No, but I did agree with the rest of what Hershel was saying. Glenn was flying half-cocked, not at all himself. That said, Glenn was right it made more sense for them to try to stay in the prison rather than Hershel hitting the road on one leg while they try to protect a crying baby. If they had a specific place to go (and if the prison bus was ready) then maybe running could have worked, but they didn't.

3. From S3 this is my 3rd watch but on my 2nd watch I noticed Daryl was right about everything (Yellow Jacket river, baby cries, moral choices) while Merle was scoring worse than a stopped clock. I liked the scene the first time and I don't dislike it now, but it's one of those that gets dull for me on repeat viewings.

4. Somehow we have more Karen without learning anything about her except that she can presumably shoot since she's up on the wall, and that she simply doesn't trust Andrea. (She probably didn't know the details, but whatever fragments she did know, she was clearly unwilling to divulge.) But I guess that's more than we were told before. Could have been interesting if they had a subplot about Karen (and others in Woodbury) not trusting Andrea because of her affiliation with the prison group, but oh well. (Say, cut the hallucinations of Lori shorter and they could have fit in a few moments more for this.) It's nice Michonne has a presence in this ep; agreeing to go after the G, watching Rick chase ghosts, helping save Hershel. Carol showing :axel:how to use a gun was great. Poor Beth goes from feeding someone else's baby to feeding her own father. :lol:

5. There's more GlenChonne friendship vibe goodness in this ep than I remembered. (Though I also noticed she was going along with his plan to go assassinate the Gov in the night despite having misgivings about it.) Somehow I got the impression Hershel was standing on two legs while talking to Glenn. It's not something new but Axel's death always kills me. He and Oscar both got killed off so fast. It's not as bad as what happened to T-Dog, but still... :(

#2 Sasha's Living Room, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Jetamors likes this.
  3. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Questions for the this episode:
    1. What are you thoughts on the way Glenn behaved in this episode ? I agree with @Sasha's Living Room, the writing made no sense and it made Glen look like a complete ass!
    2. Do you agree with Herschel when he suggested that they should simply move out off the prison before the The Governor come to them? I think Glen is right, this added to the fact that the G would likely still hunt them down and they would be out in the open without protection.
    3.What did you think of the Daryl/Merle scenes ? The M/D scenes are just uncomfortable. The audience knows Merle is a racist asshole, yet it appears the writers feel the need to have it focused on time and time again.

I did however
    enjoy Daryl in this episode and was glad we got a glimpse into the hell he must have went through as a child with no one to protect him. Season 3 for me was Daryl at his best and I continue to hope we'll get to see that Daryl again.
    4. How was the writing for the women in the episode? The writing for the women has been much better, this episode is no exception.
    5. What did you notice this time that you didn't notice the last time you watched the episode ? I didn't realize how little we see of Rick in this episode.

Rick's talk with Hershel that he believes that he's seeing Lori for a reason and that there must be an answer, the next shot after their conversation is Michonne. My head cannon is that she's the answer!

Also I realized that they placed Michonne behind the overturned truck for a reason. Likely if the G saw her he would have killed her instead of Axel.

Jetamors and Sasha's Living Room like this.
  4. Sasha's Living Room

Sasha's Living Room Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    somewhere with excessive air conditioning
    Actually, remember he was planning to torture Michonne first. Merle in an upcoming ep also heavily implies through his language that the Gov would rape Michonne as well. How he could refer to the guy as a "good man" when Andrea asked before, and yet know him well enough to speculate such things is just... Ugh...

Caribbeanqueen11 likes this.
  5. Jetamors

Jetamors Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I had basically forgotten about all this Glenntatorship stuff. Actually the only aspect that annoys me is that they tied it so strongly to his reaction to Maggie getting assaulted, because there are better reasons why he's acting this way--Rick is melting down again, Daryl is gone, Hershel is disabled, Maggie is the one who's actually dealing with being assaulted, Carol doesn't want to lead anything, and Axel is... Axel. Plus, it's the morning after a literal milk run that ended with him being beaten and terrorized and broken out with a gun fight! He's acting like a butt, yeah, but I can see why. TBH, I think he's is doing well not to be wandering around shellshocked in the woods like Rick!

Another thing I like about it is how he immediately accepts Michonne as part of the group. It's an interesting contrast to what we just saw with the Governor still considering Andrea to be an outsider.
    I'm not sure if they needed to completely move out, but I think they should have at least moved to another part of the prison. Hunker down in a small, secured area, let the walkers run free everywhere else, and then they could come out in a week or two. If the Governor's guys come by, they'd have to fight a trillion walkers in dark halls just to figure out where they are.
    I liked it, I really empathized with Daryl and it was really nice to see him realizing that he doesn't just have to put up with this crap anymore. Though it's a little weird watching now since Michael Rooker played almost the same role in Guardians of the Galaxy.. I keep half-expecting him to start whistling XD
    I liked it aside from the weird Glenn-Maggie interactions.

Female zombie kill count: Michonne (4)
    Female human kill count: One, Maggie kills the guy in the tower.
    Glenn accepting Michonne right away, as I said above. Also the scene with Beth showing Maggie how to feed the baby was very sweet, I don't think I'd paid attention to it before.