1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll TWD Rewatch Club: Seed 3x01

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by SevenStars, Aug 20, 2016.

?

What grade would you give 2x13

This poll will close on Sep 20, 2019 at 6:57 PM.
  1. A

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. B

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sasha's Living Room

Sasha's Living Room Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    somewhere with excessive air conditioning
    Yeah I've always thought that was her best wig. I think they figured it'd be more "apocalyptic" to let her wig look old and tired, not that they thought to do the same with any of the other women's hair. :rant:

I think Rick turned to Andy for a moment there with that "Whooo" after cutting off Hershel's leg??? He is a phenomenal actor and I wouldn't say that easily, but when has he ever had a moment like that in-character other than this? :roflmao:

btw at one point Lori was looking down from above in her blue plaid shirt, holding her belly. Exact same pose we see from her late this season when Rick hallucinates her (after the white dress Lori nonsense is over), and then decides he can't turn Michonne over to the gov.

Absolutely, and I don't think anyone believes he has to forgive her (or at least I certainly don't), but if their marriage is over then she needs to hear that from him for everyone's sake.

Gooey Goobert and Katbird like this.
  2. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Rick and TF are badasses no doubt!

SevenStars and Katbird like this.
  3. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    All of this.

Some people said that Andrea chose to stay with the governor because she didn't know how bad he was (Michonne knew and we as the audience knew but Andrea didn't see all that till later but still stayed) and that she stayed for food, and a warm bed since they been out for so long in the wild.

But look where it got her. Dead. Michonne's instincts were always on point. Andrea was with her for so long. Michonne knew what she was doing and could read people very well. But Andrea chose the man. It happens all the time, and for lesser reasons. It was just in the ZA this time.

4. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I was really impressed with Maggie this ep. She went from handing out guns in the s2 finale to kickin ass, in this one. She really learned a lot in the road in that time span.

luv, SevenStars, box5angel and 2 others like this.
  5. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It was always funny to me because the argument was it's the ZA, and she's out on the road and doesn't have time to maintain her hair. Yet her hair looked best when she's out on the road in S3 but not when she reaches Alexandria where a lot of these characters have ample time and (more resources) on hand?

6. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I'm starting to think that Rick's treatment of Lori during this time wasn't only about her reaction to him killing Shane but everything since before the Z.A and what happened between Shane/Lori.

Rich was very understanding when Lori confirmed to him that she was having a relationship with Shane weeks/months after he supposedly die. Because he assumed that Lori didn't really have any romantic feelings for Shane. That her action with Shane was done out of desperation.

But her reaction to him telling her that he killed Shane in self-defense probably made him rethink his believe that Lori never had any real romantic feelings for Shane. It probably made him believe that the only reason she was with him instead of Shane is because they were married prior- to the Z.A and he is the one who survived instead of Shane. That if she had really loved him, she wouldn't have gotten over his death that quickly. So quickly that she slept with his best-friend.

So add the problem they had in their marriage prior to Z.A, Lori sleeping with his best-friend weeks after Shane told her he was dead , and Lori's reaction to him telling her that he killed Shane in order to protect himself. That would make Rick think that Lori no longer really loves him. That she is only with him because he is the last man standing who happens to be her husband.

With that said, I still don't like his treatment of her, I just understand it when I add everything into the equation.

7. Caribbeanqueen11

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think she knows their marriage is over, the problem for him with all that postulating is that he still loves her, so every time she speaks to him he's reminded of the pain she caused him and it has little to do with Shane. He just refuses to be vulnerable to her or manipulated by her again.

luv and SevenStars like this.
  8. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Just like with Rick's jeans. As I've said before, those are some nice expensive houses. Carol had a closetful of clothes to choose from. You mean to tell me Rick couldn't find a nice new or new to him pair of jeans. One pair. :sasha:

9. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I never really thought of it like this. I think you're spot on here.

10. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    This was fun. Don't know why it took me this long to join in. :flirt:

Katbird and Sasha's Living Room like this.
  11. Caribbeanqueen11

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    For me that moment when she pushes him away, I believe, he probably felt that she was in love with Shane and perhaps would have wanted Shane to be the last man standing and not him, that's a hard and bitter pill for any spouse to swallow. To realize that perhaps your wife truly loved someone else and was just with you because it was the ZA and she couldn't leave. How does she explain otherwise to him? Because her reaction in that moment said it all and IMO it's where she lost him. Could he have been nicer to her, yes. But once again i think he feels the need to separate himself from her because he was still vulnerable to her after all that time.

luv, SevenStars and box5angel like this.
  12. SevenStars

Walker Pets:
    I'm glad you had fun. I hope you can join us again next time.

box5angel likes this.
  13. Caribbeanqueen11

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That really was fun. So Wednesday is 3.02! I look forward to your comments!

box5angel likes this.
  14. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Thanks! I'll try. :)

SevenStars likes this.
  15. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    So are these going to be live discussions from here on out? Or is it just for weekends.

16. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I have one last thought, 'cause I can never just stop, lol. (Yeah, I always ask the professor a question when he is going to dismiss class early,)This show became super special to me in this season...I realized it was not about the zombies. When I saw Michonne with her katana, I had to find out what comic would give us a Black woman, non-super power woman, as a bona fide badass...that one google search lead me to the world of fandoms...I had no idea, to say the least. I knew then that they were not telling a run-of-mill dystopian future tale. It was bigger/more important than that standard genre treatment.

17. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Yes, good question. Are we back to our Wed. and Sun. schedule?

SevenStars likes this.
  18. SevenStars

Walker Pets:
    I never thought it that way either but seeing how everything came to happen, remembering that it took Rick yrs to take of his ring or try to have relationship after Lori died. That makes me realize how much it must have hurt Rick to realize that his wife slept with his best-friend weeks after she thought he was dead. That she didn't even really take the time to mourn him before "moving on" with Shane. But because he just find her and wanted to try with her again, he kind of force that feeling down. He suppressed it and made himself believe that the crazy world is what made Lori moved on so fast from him with Shane. That the world going crazy caused that, in order to try to make it work with her.

But when he saw her reaction to him killing Shane, after he told her in detail exactly why he did it. That it was a matter of his life or Shane's life but she pushed him away like he was bad. Like he should have let Shane kill him instead. That would force him to rethink the reason for Lori moving on so fast. That would make him question why it seems so easy for her to move on to his best- friend that quickly.

Basically, Lori confirmed Rick's worst fear, that she no longer loved him. So from that point on, it doesn't matter what Lori said or do, Rick would never believe that she actually loved him the way she should. He would always have in the back of his mind that she is just settling for him.

#158 SevenStars, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  19. SevenStars

Walker Pets:
    I think that's what happen too and I think that's when she lost him for good because he could no longer believe that she was still in love with him. That she wasn't just settling for the last man standing. It doesn't matter what she did from that point on, Rick wouldn't believe she loves him ever again. At least not the type of love that someone like Rick wants from his wife. Someone who truly loves and want him completely.

I also agree that Rick's treatment of her was a type of self-preservation on his part. He believed she no longer loved him, but he still loved her, so he distance himself from her. Cause the closer he allows her to get to him, the more he will be reminded that she is just settling for him, especially when she is pregnant with a baby that is most likely Shane's. The baby of the man she might truly have been in love with.

When thinking about this, I realized that their marriage didn't really stand a chance, even if Lori had survived. The damaged that was done to it was too much.

Thinking about this really makes me feel sorry for both Lori and Rick.

#159 SevenStars, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  20. SevenStars

Walker Pets:
    Yes, Wednesday we go back to our regular schedule program until the season finale and premiere.

box5angel likes this.