1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll TWD Rewatch Club: Seed 3x01

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by SevenStars, Aug 20, 2016.

?

What grade would you give 2x13

This poll will close on Sep 20, 2019 at 6:57 PM.
  1. A

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. B

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    This is just for the season finales and season premieres.

Flower1petals likes this.
  2. Jetamors

Jetamors Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Female zombie kill count update: Okay, so as of the end of S2, only 3/6 living female characters had killed a zombie, 2/5 if you don't include Michonne's 15 second teaser in the finale. In the S3 premiere, we see an immediate (and welcome) difference: every female character kills a zombie in this episode except for Andrea, who's so sick she can barely walk. For the first time in the series, every living female character has killed at least one zombie on-screen! Special shout-out to my girl Maggie, for her innovations in the field of killing zombies with helmets on :maggie:

My rough count for confirmed on-screen kills this episode is: Beth (1), Lori (1), Carol (2), Maggie (5-ish), Michonne (2)

3. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I thought I was gone, but I read this. There was something off with Lori for/with Rick. I think it was her feelings for Shane, but she convinced herself that she loved him (Rick). Had Shane made it clear that he wanted her, and I mean, said: "Be with me, not him." she would have. I will always believe that the only thing that kept that from happening, was Shane's love for Rick. He (Shane) would not risk his friendship with Rick to act on those feelings, mutual feelings, for Lori.

luv likes this.
  4. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I don't believe that Lori was deeply in love with Shane but I think her feelings were more on the romantic side than she allow herself/Rick/Shane to believe. Maybe those feelings developed as a result of how he protected her when the world was going mad. But they were there, the question is how deeply were those feelings? With that said, I don't think Lori would have ever leave Rick for Shane because she knows it would destroy not only her relationship with Rick, but also her relationship with Carl, and Rick's relationship with Shane. So Lori would have never been that self-fish to do something like that no matter how Shane approached her. But that doesn't mean that whatever feelings she had for Shane would have disappeared.

I also think that Lori still loved Rick but I think she stopped being in love with him long before the Z.A. I think she could have falling back in love with him if she had survived because of the way he would have protected their family. But Rick still wouldn't have buy it.

I think at the start no matter what Shane felt for Lori, he truly believed that Rick had a right to be with his wife/family. That's why he stepped aside that easily when Rick came back. But when he started seeing how easily Rick leaves his family to save people who weren't his family or friend, how he was willing to risk Lori/Carl's life in the name of doing what he thinks is right. I think that's when Shane decided that Rick didn't deserve to have Lori. That Rick didn't deserve to have his family back. So he stopped being the nice guy and started thinking and acting dirty in his quest to have Lori.

#164 SevenStars, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  5. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    OK thoughts going into Season 3 re Showrunner GM.

As some have heard the major issues were between GM and RK, mainly GM wanted to change things up drastically if not completely from the comics. He's the one that started crafting Carol and Daryl into 'badasses' and some say this took focus off Rick as the hero!

GM also had a lot of run ins with the AMC big wigs. Their main complaints had to do with the direction of the show. The shows trajectory is planned out years in advance and the EPs, writers and directors then craft the story to get to where they want to go eventually. For Seasons 1 and 2 FD had the direction and was following the story told in the comics through his interpretations.

After Season 2 was over the mantle fell to GM and he made the decision to change things up using the same general story, at least that was the rumour. Problem is, although the storyline is pretty well laid out in the comics, GM had some struggles getting there and started messing with storylines that were important to the comic (*cough* Tyrese). Unfortunately, this really impacted the show. Scripts were not ready on the days they were supposed to shoot and GM would be doing massive re-writes up to the day of filming. Production had to be shut down several times apparently because of "lack of material". To today he argues he had a story in mind and that there were interruptions and re-writes because everyone, including the actors, were putting in their comments on scenes and storylines. It led to a really choppy Season which became obvious even to the casual viewer.

As we go through the re-watch pay attention to the stories and characters that appear and are dispensed with quickly with little purpose.

6. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I wasn't around when all of this was happening. Interesting. I did read on here or somewhere else that he basically said that he could kill off Rick if he wanted to. That would be the most ridiculous thing ever. I don't know if it was really true that he said it, and if it was, was it him being tongue in cheek, cocky or just plain delusional? If he was still showrunner, I don't think AMC would allow it. Although it's an ensemble show, Rick is the lead protagonist. What would be the point in continuing?

hewontgo, luv, SevenStars and 2 others like this.