1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular TWD Opinions #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctor Grimes, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  2. Nicole

Nicole Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I definitely can say he was my favorite Anderson. His moms disregard of his feelings toward Rick will always be my number one reason for wanting the chop so badly.

3. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    He was a good actor and I get where he was coming from. Was murder the answer to what he was feeling? No. But the decision to kill his dad was made to "fix" something so in this new world all he saw of justice so far was an eye for an eye. I mean his family was dysfunctional for sure but he was used to that pain. Then some new man and his son come in and all hell breaks loose. His father is killed by his mom's 'friend', who's son is getting close to a girl he likes, his dad's body is unceremoniously dumped in the woods by Rick (who then tries to discipline him for tagging along) and his brother is off the deep end. Then he sees his brother killed, followed by his mom being eaten and maimed by Rick. Boy deserved some angst. He had to go as far as the story, but I don't think he was evil. It's kind of like when people complain about Carl being whiney and I'm like ok people try being a kid in the ZA and seen and done what he has and tell me how you feel.

4. lovingdead

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Word. Like um Rick killed dad, dumped the body like trash and got mad at him for being mad about it. Not a good look. I really hate how they characterized Rick during that arc. And Jessie is like yeah, perfect boyfriend material. What a dumb ass.

5. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I really liked Ron too. I enjoyed his conflict with Carl.

Freya, DeadLuver123, Denie39 and 3 others like this.
  6. lovingdead

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, it's like can he not have a guy friend? But it was nice to see him with an adversary.

Gooey Goobert likes this.
  7. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My unpopular opinion is that I don't like Michonne's one tear in the new promo. DG has said that Michonne looks at Negan in the finale because she feels he may kill her, but he will not take away her dignity [paraphrase], so I just don't think she'd show him that. Maybe after, when he's gone, but she would not even show Negan one tear.

Carribean_Queen and zahira like this.
  8. Riko813

Riko813 Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I like Michonne's one tear promo. I think it shows that she is trying to stay strong and show her defiance but that she is all torn up inside. I think her tear is after the LV is beaten to death. She is trying so hard not to full out sob or scream or break down in front of Negan but the tear just escapes her control. It's beautiful imo.

9. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    A tear is not a loss of dignity. Her expression still shows strength and defiance imo. That tear could represent the pain/fear for her family and friends. Nothing undignified about love.

That one tear drop on the backdrop of determined strength in the face of inexcapable brutality and death (whether its her leaving behind her loved ones and devastating them or her losing them and devastating her) reveals such complexity of emotion and humanity in a moment and is a testimony of Danai's talent and her completely inhabiting Michonne.

It's brilliant and haunting and such a contrast to her fierce look. The woman's heart, her love, her anger and frustration and impotence in the moment to save her loved ones (those emotions can elicit tears too), seeps and bleeds through the Warrior's exterior.

#9 richonnelove, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  10. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I might buy it if it's post-LV, but I don't buy it before the death.

Tisha Grimes likes this.
  11. Riko813

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Just like Rick and Daryl have a bromance, I want the ladies to have sistermances. I want Maggie and Sasha to get as tightly knit as Rick and Daryl. I want Michonne and Carol and Maggie and Sasha to have more deep and bond strengthening scenes with each other. More going on runs together without the boys and more taking charge and working with each other deeply. Also Rosita and Tara (I didn't forget about them).

12. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This would be the dream.

13. Consigliere

Consigliere Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I agree saw the repeat of when Rosita went and got Michonne to go after Sasha in the woods during her pick9ng off walkers and I loved it...Definitely need more women bonding..

14. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I didn't mind Ron either. I understood his anger and I don't think anyone really blamed him for feeling the way he did. He was probably the only Anderson who was really strong enough to survive.

Freya, Philly Girl, Denie39 and 8 others like this.
  15. NeeCee81

NeeCee81 Den Mother
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I know this is extremely unpopular but I'd be ok if ASZ had more babies. I will take more Richonne babies (they've got Carl and Judith) throw in some Gleggie, Sasha/Abe, and Rosita/Spence. Maybe I should just settle for seeing the kids we heard playing outside when TF first rolled up to ASZ.

16. Riko813

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Ok don't stone me. Sometimes my mind goes into dark places. The dark place it went into now is wondering if Glen and Abe die (disclaimer--I dont know if they do or not) will Gleggie and Sashraham shippers turn their hate on Richonne? I hope not. I wonder if they will hate Richonne for being the only couple that survived. Maybe even blame them for the demise of their favorite couples. I soooooo hope not. Will they see it as SG playing favoritism with Richonne?

balladsinthebluegrass likes this.
  17. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I don't really think that will happen. At least I hope not. They really wouldn't have a reason to hate us. The Gleggie shippers that I have talked to are very nice. Some of them even ship Richonne too. If they blame anyone it will probably be Gimple for not giving Glenn a better ending. As far as I can tell Richonners have gotten along pretty well with Gleggie shippers. I don't think they would see it as favoritism because Glenn and Maggie have been the only canon couple for 5 seasons. I can't say about Sashaham shippers. I haven't seen that many so I don't know how they will feel, but I highly doubt they would blame us either.

18. candi18z

candi18z Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I don't think that will happen, because whoever the LV's are thay are not being sacrificed for Richonne. Gleggie fans are already turning against Daryl, because if Glen does indeed die some of them believe that Glenn will die because of Daryl's actions not Richonne's. Some Glen fans also feel that Daryl should have been Lucilled. If Glenn dies Daryl will be blamed.

Sabe, or Sabraham, have not had enough time to develop a large fanbase. Sasha's fans don't really ship her with Abe and Abe fans like him to be single. If Abe is the LV, his fans will be sad but I don't think they will blame anyone but Negan for his demise. Sasha's fans will be sad as well, but they will also be hopeful that she gets a good storyline after the clearing.

SG does love Richonne, but he also loves Carol, Morgan and Negan.

Marcie69 and slade3 like this.
  19. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My unpopular opinion....this isn't directed to any individual but just a complete general statement. I hate when Daryl is blamed for literally everything that happens bad on the show. "He got Denise killed," no, Dwight got Denise killed. "He got Sherrys sister Tina killed," no, she got herself killed by laying down next to two corpses that she didn't know if they were dead or not. "He got Beth killed," no, Beth got herself killed thinking she could kill an armed officer with a pair of scissors. "He got TF kidnapped," I'm sorry I don't remember seeing the scene of him hold a gun to Rosita, Michonne Glenn and making them follow him. I love these characters so much but they made that decision on their own. S6a was spent with Daryl on his own outside the walls. He's a loner and a tracker he would have been fine. I know he's not perfect but I feel like blaming him or Rick for half the things that have happened is like blaming McDonalds for getting fat. Everyone minus Carl and Enid, are adults. They all made the decision to go after the saviours except Morgan. This is a general pet peeve of mine not just in the show but in life too. People blaming people but not owning their own part in something.

20. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    How on Earth could anyone argue Daryl got Beth killed? He was farthest removed from that situation. Beth got herself killed -- full-stop. Same with Tina. Daryl didn't get her killed either. I could see why someone like Negan would blame Daryl for what happened to her, but Daryl didn't make her stupid.

People in this fandom throw around blame too easily. I get wanting to look for a scapegoat for the bad things that happen -- or just looking for a reason to hate a character -- but it goes into WTF territory fairly often. Like when people say Morgan is Ed 2.0 or mind-fucked Carol into having a breakdown like he's some sort of master Svengali. Or people who say Rick is responsible for what happened in that clearing (he's not). Or Carl is the reason Dale died (he's not). Ultimately they're all a victim of circumstance.

Of course, sometimes there are instances with direct cause and effect, but generally that's pretty apparent.