1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular TWD Opinions #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctor Grimes, Jul 21, 2016.

1. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    LOL :laugh:

Barbarossa-TWD and Tisha Grimes like this.
  2. Dobbying

Dobbying Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I really don't think Glenn would have made a good leader tbh. I just don't think he's pragmatic enough or willing to make the tough choices, especially in regards to killing people. Also, the one time he tried to take on a leadership role when Rick was going crazy at the prison, he let his emotions influence his thinking and was very hot headed- although I will accept that he has matured since then. IMO, Glenn's an ideal second in command but he's not a leader. And same with Abe, I always got the feeling Abe preferred being a soldier for Rick to leading his own group.

Also, the fact that Glenn managed to keep his hands clean for so long is telling. Part of Rick's leadership is that he always does what needs to be done himself, whether it's putting Sophia down or leading the slaughter of the Terminus cannibals. Maggie killed her first humans back in season 3 and has always shown more of a willingness to do what needed to be done.

I think Maggie's leadership qualities were built up a lot in season 5&6 with her handling Sasha and Gabe's issues, the Deanna stuff and taking Enid under her wing. She's a natural leader of people where Rick is more like a general. I really liked the scene in 7x8 where she discusses getting supplies for the kids. I do think the writers tried to sell it a bit too hard in Go-Getters by having literally everyone at Hilltop except Jesus be useless to show her being leader as inevitable, but otherwise I've quite liked Maggie's leadership arc.

3. TakemetoRick

TakemetoRick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    This is my unpopular opinion, too. I like Lauren Cohan more than I actually like Maggie.

4. QueenOfAlexandria

QueenOfAlexandria Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    As much as I love Maggie, I'm going to agree with you to an extent. I agree, because I feel like the writers do this quite a bit. I also disagree, because the writers have a tendency of ripping major plot points directly from the comics and they end up failing miserably. The execution is never there, because the writers just have to incorporate major plot points from the comics for some strange reason. The writers never drop clues or hints before they include some of these things so most of these arcs are just jarring and confusing, because there's no past build-up to them. So while I understand your perspective, I'm going to say her leadership arc just emphasizes the writers' weak points. I feel like the writers are more concerned with ticking off a box on a checklist when it comes to the things that happened in the comics hence what we have with Maggie. I guess because Maggie isn't the first character (past or current) to fall victim to this, I'm not all that bothered by it. But I definitely see your point.

5. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I don't understand why mostly all of them looked so dirty going to Hilltop. They have running water and showers. I know there was probably no AC in the RV but I'm like goodness, use your resources. :lol:

6. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Yes, it was odd that Gregory asked them to take a shower after arriving from ASZ.

box5angel likes this.
  7. lovingdead

Walker Pets:
    Well we know Richonne probably still smelled like the woods, sweat and SEX, haha!

8. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Exactly. And I remember a conversation where someone thought that Glenn made it seem like Hilltop was so far away but it really wasn't. So, they weren't in the RV that long. I know rides in cars with no AC especially in really hot weather can be pretty uncomfortable, and of course, sometimes you don't look as fresh as to when you first got in the car. But they made it seem like they were still living out in the wild with the way Gregory came at them to "freshen up". As if they not only looked bad but smelled it too. I know Rick probably smelled like sex though. :lol:

9. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I just mentioned the sex smell but only mentioned Rick because Gregory was in his face about it. But you're right, Michonne probably did too. Lol

I just thought a little freshening up before going to Hilltop would have been good. They weren't in a dire need where they had to be at Hilltop that second.

lovingdead likes this.
  10. lovingdead

Walker Pets:
    At the end of the day I think Gregory's line was to show him 'othering' them more than anything else. He's kinda prissy like that.

11. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Very true.

12. winter

winter Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    As much as I loved the ending of 6.10...I kind of wished they'd both showered beforehand...Rick had been drenched in sweat after running around with Daryl after that truck, and Michonne had been handling Zombie Deanna...It's still one of my favourite scenes though.

13. lovingdead

Walker Pets:
    True love overcame the funk, haha! Yes, when you stop to think about it (I forgot about Michonne walker wrangling), they were both disgusting. Did they care? No! And neither had brushed their teeth either. Oh well, it was still the hottest first kiss ever. And I'm sure they showered together at Hilltop.

14. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Right. Lust trumps cleanliness. :lol: They couldn't keep their hands off each other so all personal hygiene went out the window. If Shane and Lori could get it on in the dirt and grass, and clearly not showered (they didn't look so bad but Lori had dirt under her nails, and they had the water in the quarry but no privacy shower), then Rick and Michonne could get it on on the couch dried up sweat and everythang. Someone on tumblr headcanon is that they took a shower after they got upstairs and before they had sex. I can see that happening.

My unpopular opinion (to keep on topic), is they and TF clearly could have washed up or showered before going to HT.

There's some fics where they get it on at HT too but I don't think I read one where they showered. Good idea though.

#534 box5angel, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    winter and lovingdead like this.
  15. ClassicWoman

ClassicWoman Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    lol exactly. thats how i felt about and hoped there was no cell sex in 7.08...Rick has been on the run for 2 days, sweating, sleeping, taking a swim in zombie soup....Michonne was dragging walkers in the road all day....just no. i hope they went home and showered first, but i guess anything goes in the ZA

16. ClassicWoman

ClassicWoman Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    don't get me started on Rick's jeans. they can probably stand up on their own. I pray they get that man just one more pair of jeans, what does he wear when he makes Coral do laundry? just one additional pair. and the boots are starting to look gross too.

box5angel likes this.
  17. MsAntiSocial

MsAntiSocial Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I agree with you about Glenn and Abe, but I don't think they've shown Maggie being a good leader before Go Getters. For some reason I don't understand and they didn't show us Deanna thought Maggie had good leadership qualities, and then we saw her walking around Alexandria with a clipboard and sitting in on meetings with Deanna and I guess that was supposed to show us that Maggie was learning something. We get to Knots Untie and Rick is inexplicably asking her to negotiate with Gregory and she's not even good at that but that doesn't matter because people will just keep saying she's a good leader because she's supposed to become the leader of the Hilltop just like the comic book.

18. candi18z

candi18z Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    I agree Maggie is an odd choice for a leader,because she was always helping out in the background. Maggie has never been the character that was on the front lines leading everyone. Gimple is just trying to follow the comics whether it works out or not.

19. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My unpopular opinion is a doozy so brace yourselves. I'm about to get controversial. :tdog:

I don't believe nor do I want to believe that Rick and Michonne had sex in the jail cell in 7x8. A passionate kiss and some frantic groping? Absolutely. But I like to imagine their first time making love after being at odds (and after everything they'd gone through during the past week) would be loving, sensual shower sex as they wash away their demons and reunite while steaming up the glass.

20. LittleButterFly89

LittleButterFly89 Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    :omgno: Wow Mama. That's quite a statement you just made.:lol:

Patty Ran likes this.