1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular TWD Opinions #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctor Grimes, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Riko813

Riko813 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Sonnequa and her husband are both actors so they both understand that doing love scenes sometimes are part of the job. Plus there is no way he can dictate to Gimple or Kirkman that his wife can't do love scenes, his but would be thrown off the set quicker than lightning if he did.

box5angel, cadence_T, Noshiko and 4 others like this.
  2. Riko813

Walker Pets:
    My unpopular opinion is that I think Michonne has a lot of friendships. Gimple might not put them center stage or do bottle episodes on them like he does with Rick and Daryl. But the little quick scenes I have seen in episodes over the years show that she is very close and has made close bonds with many characters. Some people say that all she has is Rick and Carl and hasn't made friends or buddies. I disagree. If you look at the big hugs she gives Maggie and Sasha in the Finale, you can see the bond of friendship and love. I think Michonne has had a very good friendship with Maggie over the years and has a big sister/little sister relationship with Sasha. They don't display this much but when they do have a scene you can feel the friendship and you know they hang out together sometimes off screen. MIchonne and Glen had a good friendship. I think even Michonne and Abraham had somewhat of a friendship. What I observed is that the characters feel at ease talking with Michonne about things. I do feel the love they have for her and I do sense that they feel like she is their sister (may it be big sister for some or little sister for others).

3. TakemetoRick

TakemetoRick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I agree with this. I think my issue is more that they haven't really shown us much in terms of the development of these friendships recently. A lot with this show is left to the imagination, which is why we spend so much time discussing what glances mean and whether people know about such and such happening. I recenty watched season 1 and season 2 and what is notably different about the show then and now is just that the characters talk to each other a lot more. Hell, season 1 and 2 Daryl is like Chatty Cathy. I think perhaps what is happening in later seasons is that the pace of the show picked up and shifted from introspection to action and more external conflicts rather than internal and emotional ones. That makes sense to me and is part of why the show has been so successful and engaging, but I do miss the conversations among the characters.

4. Patty Ran

Patty Ran Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    My big unpopular opinion is I really don't like Enid. What is her role? To me, she is propped as an angsty teenager simply so Carl can have someone in the ZA. She hasn't really done anything in the whole time in Alexandria, except saving Glenn's balloons. Gimme a break!

5. Riko813

Walker Pets:
    My unpopular opinion is that Daryl needs a woman this season. They must give him one. Nothing says total badass more than a good warrior who has a sensitive loving side and can let someone in. Daryl is badass but he just will not be elevated as a character until he is able to have a love interest. They can start him out slowly----he can find a little kitten on one of the runs and then that little fur ball can draw the women to him. Exhibit 1-----

[​IMG]
    Isn't that soooooo cute.

6. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Hahahahahahahah! So funny.

Oh yeah, that uniform was dorky and corny as hell. Reminded me of Andy and Barney Fife on the Andy Griffith Show. Barney or Andy in uniform, nothing. I was so glad when he took it off. Now a Marine or a soldier in uniform, especially the dress uniform like Richard Gere in An Officer and a Gentleman, whoa that was hot.

I'm with you on that. I don't hate her. She's kind of like that tag on the back of your shirt collar, either you feel nothing and you don't even know it's there or it's annoying you and being uncomfortable. That's Enid.

#606 Philly Girl, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017
    box5angel, Patty Ran and TakemetoRick like this.
  7. Patty Ran

Patty Ran Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    You have worded it perfectly. I don't hate her either, but she is just there. Suddenly she is Maggie's long-lost-sister types. This is what annoys me with the show. Sometimes they force these relationships without really any background building. Enid's whole arc puzzles me. Now, Tara's relationship with Glenn was done so much better. That was very organic.

GrimesGurl, MrsG and Philly Girl like this.
  8. Philly Girl

Walker Pets:
    Yes. That it right there. Forced.

#608 Philly Girl, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  9. Philly Girl

Walker Pets:
    Chatty Cathy, ha! Now he just kind of grunts

TakemetoRick likes this.
  10. MsAntiSocial

MsAntiSocial Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    Unpopular opinion: I don't think Andrea was wrong to stay in Woodbury without Michonne when she first left. I love Michonne, but I thought it was crazy that she expected Andrea to leave what she sees as a safe community without having to give a real explanation for why going with her was better.

11. TakemetoRick

Walker Pets:
    I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but I hated Shane and Jon Bernthal annoyed me to no end.

12. Riko813

Walker Pets:
    Ohhhh here is an unpopular opinion--- I don't think it was right for Lori and Rick to have tried to cut Shane out of his child's life. I know Shane was a douche and Rick would have had to kill him sometime down the road because two alpha males can't coexist and be leaders of one group unless they are really in sync and respect each other. But Shane is Judith's biological father. How could they expect him to be alright with watching Judith grow up calling another man daddy? How could they expect him not to want to make decisions in her life and to tell her he is her father? That would be extreme mental torture for a man like Shane. He already covets what Ricks has (Lori and Carl), but just imagine how crazy he would be to have to watch Rick raise his daughter as his own.

13. Philly Girl

Walker Pets:
    I respect your opinion but nope. Shane was unhinged and violent. Shane don't need to be nowhere near Rick's family. This would be a recipe for disaster.

14. Riko813

Walker Pets:
    I understand where you're coming from but I think that pushed Shane over the edge. He had lost Lori and Carl back to Rick and now his unborn child was going to be Rick's and he couldn't be a part of Judith's life. Did they really expect him to be part of the group and protect the group and follow Rick while being denied the right to be a father to his only child? Yes it was a recipe for disaster. It could have only ended in one way----with Rick or Shane's death. But Rick and Lori were naive thinking they could just deny Shane his right to fatherhood and he would have been ok with it. If someone said that they weren't going to let me be a part of my daughter's life and I would have to sit around and watch her call someone else mommy and just swallow my hurt, I don't think I could do that.

As Rick says people will measure you by what they can take from you, how they can use you to survive. Lori used him to survive and then discarded him like a used kleenex when Rick came back, yet she wanted him to stay a part of the group for the benefit of the extra protection for her and Carl. Shane must have felt like they thought he was nothing. Rick took back Rick's family from him and was now taking his only family(Judith) from him. And on top of that they wanted to use him to protect the group. He must have been thinking what the hell am I getting out of this. Nothing. I think that is what unhinged him.

cadence_T likes this.
  15. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Shane was pointing a gun at Rick early on in season 2. He wanted Rick dead since he came back, I don't think the baby pushed him over the edge. As soon as Rick came back, he started his descent into crazy town

16. TakemetoRick

Walker Pets:
    I think the signs that Shane was mentally unstable and a danger to Rick and the group were there before Shane found out that Lori was pregnant. I also think that Lori didn't know for sure who the father was, even if she thought it was more likely Shane's. The point was that it didn't matter because she was married to Rick and at the end of the world you can't really get a paternity test or establish court ordered visitation. I don't think Shane cared particularly about being denied parental rights, but he already didn't believe that Rick could protect Lori or Carl and he wanted to take Rick's place.

17. MsAntiSocial

Walker Pets:
    I don't think Shane wanted the baby I think he wanted to have a family with Lori and the kids, and his only interest in the baby would have been to try to stay close to Lori. I don't think Rick and Lori did the wrong thing by pushing him away and I don't feel sorry for Shane because while she was using him to protect herself and Carl he was taking advantage of the fact that she was a newly widowed woman with a young child that she needed to keep safe.

18. TakemetoRick

Walker Pets:
    I agree with this and I think a lot of what he did was motivated by a desire for Lori. He just used safety as a justification for the way he was behaving. I don't think he actually would have cared about Carl if he saw Carl as a threat.

19. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is OT because it isn't an unpopular opinion, but I didn't remember this quote so I looked it up. It's from "Remember" when Rick is being recorded by Deanna and I found it interesting that Deanna says she was heading back to Ohio with her family when the army stopped them and directed them to the ASZ. The army was supposed to meet them there but never showed up. It made me think of
    7x12 and the spoiler that a walker in fatigues shows up. I wonder if he's part of the army Deanna mentioned and I wonder if we'll see more walkers in fatigues later. Maybe we already have, but I don't remember.

Deep_Ricking and box5angel like this.
  20. MsAntiSocial

Walker Pets:
    I don't know how far they were from Alexandria but Abraham found that rocket launcher that Daryl used to blow up the Saviors on a military sombie hanging on the bridge.