1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular TWD Opinions #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctor Grimes, Jul 21, 2016.

1. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I do not cut Shane much slack and get where some posters are coming from with him already being unhinged pre-baby but Rick and Lori were naive if they thought cutting Shane out was gonna work. The way it went down someone was going to die. No way could they have all co-existed under those circumstances and I believe that was the point of your post. It doesn't matter how unstable Shane was or if someone believes he should have been in the child's life, the point is he is the father and that can't be denied by just saying it isn't so. That was a bold move to just be like, Shane you are dismissed, deal with it. The whole thing was a mess but as territorial as Shane was, that scenario wasn't gonna fly regardless of what was best for Judith.

2. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That's right. I forgot about that. Thanks.

3. Patty Ran

Patty Ran Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Personally, I believe Shane descent into crazytown was because of Lori herself, not her pregnancy. I mean, come on, the constant flip-flopping that she did, 'stay away from Carl' to 'why are you crushing Carl' to acting all righteous about her husband, her family? It drove me nuts just as a viewer, Shane had to go through that himself!

4. Riko813

Riko813 Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I will be back later to continue the Shane discussion, but my daughter is bugging me to use the computer right now, so i will be back later. I'm enjoying this discussion.

box5angel likes this.
  5. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Should this Shane debate be moved to another thread?

hewontgo likes this.
  6. Riko813

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    exactly! thats what I trying to convey. They just cut Shane out of the decision on what was going to happen with the baby, and I think both knew full well that Shane was the father. Shane was not going to let that happen or let them treat him like that and that fueled his rage against Rick. Either Rick or Shane was going to die, no matter what.

lovingdead likes this.
  7. Riko813

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    ok got to go now but a new Shane thread would be great

8. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Exactly, Shane wanted Ricks family before he even knew about a baby. No way was allowing Shane to stay close going to work. Lorie chose Rick. Shane was never going to accept that.

9. ClassicWoman

ClassicWoman Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I agree... thought that too when I watched...like..how they just gonna take his baby away.

10. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

One of the walkers Michonne killed in 707 was in fatigues. I think there are probably dead military all over the place...with the world falling apart, the military was probably everywhere.

box5angel and TakemetoRick like this.
  11. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Shane and Lorie deserved each other. Less than a month after Rick' s supposed death they're fucking? Really? With friends like these who needs enemy's.

12. Ms.J.Richonne

Ms.J.Richonne "You can smile now"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I saw more chemistry between Shane and Lori than Rick and Lori.

Gekari, Michroolz, SevenStars and 3 others like this.
  13. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree!! Lori appeared happier when it was just her and Shane before Rick came back from the coma. She really didn't give a sh*t about Rick. Thank god he has Michonne now, a woman who actually loves him and appreciates him.

cadence_T, MrsG, Noshiko and 2 others like this.
  14. Ms.J.Richonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Lori found the excitement with Shane that she was lacking with Rick. She didn't seem that happy to see him when he showed up. I personally think Lori was in love with Shane and only chose Rick out of obligation and guilt from moving on so quickly after Shane said Rick was dead.

15. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    You literally have said everything I have thought lol. That's why Lori was so angry when she found out Rick killed Shane even out of self defense. I remember when Shane was fixing up that car and said he was leaving the group and she was like, "I don't know who's baby this is.." trying to get him to stay but then in front of Rick she acted like Shane was a horrible person. She was so manipulative and she makes me ill. Lori is my most hated character there has ever been and ever will be. Whenever people defend Lori to me, I have a mile long list of facts to support my hatred for her lol.

16. Ms.J.Richonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Lori was kinda terrible with that Rick/Shane situation. She was sending out mixed signals and gave Shane hope that they could be together. She was also really upset that Rick killed Shane. When Rick needed her support the most she totally turned her back and looked disgusted with him all because he killed her boyfriend....like she asked him to.

#636 Ms.J.Richonne, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  17. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    True, but I guess the same can be said for anyone in uniform, like police officers. Have we seen any police walkers? To be honest, I pay little attention to what walkers are wearing - I hadn't even realized Michonne killed a walker wearing fatigues until someone mentioned it here. And since it's always being said that Gimple does things for a reason, I assumed the military walker might be connected to the one in 7x12, and also a callback to Deanna mentioning the army in her first episode. (Though someone pointed out the military walker in 7x07 represented Abe, which seems plausible.)

box5angel likes this.
  18. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

Jesse redo:
    Jesse ran to Rick and sussed out that he did not have a wife. She was looking to upgrade from the moment she knocked on the door and her husband Porch Dick. But she also knew he had duties to the community as a doctor. Somehow she thought she could just waltz over to Rick's house with her crazy kids and all would be okay.

Ms.J.Richonne and MrsG like this.
  19. MrsG

MrsG Licking Rick clean.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    She's my most hated character, too. I hate Lori more than Negan. Negan's a close second, though. :lori: Fu*k triflin' Lori. :puke::poo:. Nothing worse than a sneaky bitch hiding behind a smile and some pu**y. :mad:

#639 MrsG, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Ms.J.Richonne and DixonGrimes like this.
  20. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I would expect to see police in city areas and the show is often set in rural areas so I'm not too surprised we don't see a lot of police walkers.

To bring this back on topic, my unpopular opinion is that the hype for 7x12 is to the point that expectations are way too high for the show and channel we are watching. I hope there isn't a bunch of disappointment when it airs because people were expecting too much:ogg: