1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular TWD Opinions #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctor Grimes, Jul 21, 2016.

1. accioval

accioval Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I never understood the attraction towards Spencer. He was like a walking plank of wood, and basic looking.

cadence_T, MrsG, Clutterbuck and 2 others like this.
  2. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, they were really dirty, lol! When I was watching the marathon and they were at the church when Rick was talking to Michonne about going to Grady, I was thinking, damn, Rick is really dirty! Lol! But they all were dirty and smelly and no dental hygiene and no deodorant, no change of clothes, etc., but they all were in the same boat, and that's just the way it was, that was their normal. But I know they had to be so happy -- except for Daryl, lol! -- to take a hot shower or bath or brush their teeth for 20 minutes when they reached the ASZ.

Something just occurred to me that they only showed Rick and Michonne actually engaging in those activities with Rick taking a shower, shaving, getting a haircut, and Michonne brushing her teeth upon arriving in the ASZ. Hmm.

box5angel likes this.
  3. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    You guys are cracking me up, lol!

Well, they were much dirtier and stinking and disgusting on the road, and Maggie and Glenn were probably getting it in, and Abe and Rosita had no trouble going at it in the library, and TF was in pretty close quarters with each other on the road and in that barn, so they're probably just used to everyone's smells by this time, especially Rick, Michonne, and Carl who were on the road together for a bit and always all up in each other's personal space. And Rick won't take those freaking jeans off, and Michonne was wearing those same skin tight jeans for a while as well. So I don't think Rick being sweaty or musty or having stinky feet or Michonne smelling like the woods and walker Deanna or neither one of them brushing or eating one of those mints would have phased them or diminished their desire for each other at that point.:richonne: Heck, it probably was an aphrodisiac for them:lol:

4. QueenOfAlexandria

QueenOfAlexandria Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    As much as I appreciate the fact that Michonne remained in-character and true to herself during this half, I feel the same way. We can debate about her motivations and subsequent plans all day, but the issue is that the writers weren't really attempting to delve that deep into it anyway. Everything that we (as a fandom) have come up with that's not shown on-screen in regards to her is conjecture. We can only make certain assumptions about Michonne's goal in 7A, but the writing does not support that. At one point, I definitely thought there was something more to it but I was wrong. I'm sure her intel will count for something later on in the season, but the arc as it stands was not that well-written nor was it meaty enough to give the writers any gold stars.

5. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I truly doubt they smell it anymore unless it's a 'new' smell. I'm sure they smelled the herd for instance because that was more walkers than they had encountered in a long time. But like one walker's funk probably doesn't bother them like it use to. Now just regular body odor and bad breath they are most likely immune or indifferent to for he most part now.
    They would prefer otherwise but it doesn't have the stigma it once did.

Prime example, a friend and I went to Bonnaroo and weren't showering for a few days. The lines for showers were too long, you had to pay and we thought rinsing in the sprinklers was a decent compromise. It was gross but we got used to it and everyone smelled. We slept in tent in close quarters and questioned nothing. Once we left and were back in civilization we disgusted ourselves.... and others, haha! In my everyday life I am super prissy about that stuff but let it go under the circumstances.

walkinggirl26, box5angel and Eliziane like this.
  6. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, I really don't think they did it in the cell either. I think they might have gone so far and then one of them said, "Let's go home," showered and then picked up where they left off on their pallet of love. Plus Carl knew that's where they were. I don't think they would have taken the chance of him possibly walking in on them having cell sex, lol!

box5angel and MamaGrimes like this.
  7. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    And I would say that every time you think she is dead and buried and we get some Richonne goodness, some chucklehead will inveritably post on a Richonne site that they like Rick with Jblah better or they just don't like Richonne or that Michonne is just a rebound, etc., whether just to rile up Richonners or just to be a troll or some Bitter Betty from that other doomed ship. So then someone will take the bait and come out swinging and then it all gets rehashed again *sighs* Some dude on Twitter the other day said something really ugly and that Michonne was a rebound. Ngl, I came out swinging, lol! Sometimes I just flip a switch or they catch me on the wrong day :eek: I think that's what still grinds my gears, though, is not so much her, but the people that still want to willfully deny that Richonne love each other and that it is anything but a one-night stand even after all of the Richonne moments that we've gotten since 6.10. And then there are some Richonners past and present that still are bitter about how that storyline went down who jumped ship or aren't totally on board with Richonne because of it. It is what it is. Some people will never change their mind, will never get them, will never accept it, so whatever *shrugs*

But, yeah, SG and AL put that storyline in the rear view mirror a long time ago, moved on, and haven't looked back. I think it's time for Richonners, myself included, to move on as well and just ignore all of the nonsense spouted by some people, but, man, did they mess up that whole thing.:rant: I'm pretty sure along with following the comics that that's why we're getting Richonne overload because they want to show the totally stark contrast of when Rick is truly in love and make it obvious that he wasn't in love with TOP in any sense of the word for those that are under that false and misguided assumption as well as Richonne being SG's muse:rich:.

#667 walkinggirl26, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    MrsG and lovingdead like this.
  8. QueenOfAlexandria

QueenOfAlexandria Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I'm going to play Devil's advocate here for a short moment, because that's just my thing now. I always gave Lori the benefit of the doubt with the Carl thing in S2. I always wondered if she said that because she didn't want Carl to have to experience the kind of world they lived in at the time. In her mind, she would rather he be dead than to have to look over his shoulder for the rest of his life because of zombies and sociopathic humans. Granted, there were much better ways of expressing that sentiment than the way she did. For someone who complained about the fact that her husband didn't verbalize as much as she wanted him to, you would think she'd have a better way of expressing herself than she did. It was still screwed up, but I wonder if that's what she meant.

But I'm always baffled when people defend Lori during the Shane/Rick debacle of S2 because that was a lot. Lori was married but she definitely didn't act like it. I could never tell what she wanted, because she was all over the place. She would tell Shane to stay away from her and Carl; and then the next minute, she's pretty much trying to convince him to stay at camp. Lori is just a sore spot with me; she's mainly to blame for why I refuse to rewatch the first few seasons. If I do, I skip all of her scenes because why would I put myself through that torture again?

9. lovingdead

Walker Pets:
    Yes time to move on, the show has.

On another note though I don't want to view any new Richonne goodness as a reaction to doubt about them. I want to view it as it's just them and what is right for the story. I doubt they are writing now to counteract a storyline. I would hope they are writing organically for Richonne and where they are and what they are to each other at the moment.

10. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    True, but you can't help but to compare how we saw Rick with Lori, TOP, and Michonne whether on purpose or not. There's so many parallels, callbacks, and foreshadowings, mainly more with Lori, though. I'm just glad that that chapter is over and done with and we've moved on to bigger and better and greater things like Richonne:)

lovingdead likes this.
  11. lovingdead

Walker Pets:
    Comparing is different than saying oh they should do this and that because of another relationship. I guess I'm saying it shouldn't be because of the tat-for-tat thing or specifically oh they should do such and such to punk the haters. It should all just naturally fit their story not be out of spite. If something naturally calls back to another relationship, fine. But I don't want it to be like oh he had sex with Lori in a car so he had to have sex with Michonne in a truck kind of stuff. That's the sentiment I'm talking about.

12. Ms.J.Richonne

Ms.J.Richonne Plotting to kill Negan
    Patron

Walker Pets:

Can some one translate this for me? I really want to know what this comment is.

ReeciePiecey likes this.
  13. Eliziane

Eliziane Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    My unpopular opinion is that I do not want Carol to get Michone's entanglement, it's an interesting story I'd rather have been for a Sasha for example to make room for another character to develop, and also because I can not see a Carol As a future Kingdom leader.

It's because I'm pessimistic in English, so I put it in my native language.

14. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Please adhere to this rule:
    • This forum will be primarily English-speaking; I am sorry, but I can't allow non-English language posts.
    Thanks!

Doctor Grimes and Eliziane like this.
  15. lovingdead

Walker Pets:
    Agreed.

16. Ms.J.Richonne

Ms.J.Richonne Plotting to kill Negan
    Patron

Walker Pets:

Thank you for translating. I just want Carol to go away, she has had enough airtime.

17. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree, and I think we Richonners are the only ones that delve that deep into all of that anyway. I mean, there's a couple of threads on this site that's dedicated to that very thing, but the GA is so obtuse that most of that stuff goes right over their heads, hence some of the it came out of nowhere or I didn't see it coming mantras, but I still say there's maybe not an overt tit for tat -- no, I wouldn't even call it that because that's not what I'm talking about, but some of the things they do is part of telling the story in how Rick falls in love with Michonne with lighting, clothing, dialogue, looks, actions, etc., that is diametrically opposed to how he interacted with Lori and TOP, which shows why Michonne is the best woman for him, his true soulmate. If it sticks it to the haters in addition to telling the story, that's just an added benefit, but I don't think that's the primary purpose either, but I also don't think SG gives a flying fig what anyone thinks and that he's going to tell his story the way he wants which is full-on Richonne goodness.

18. GrimesGurl

GrimesGurl Spooning with Rick
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I feel bad for Lori. I think she screwed up by getting involved with Shane. Just because she thought her husband was dead was not a reason to fly into Shane's arms so fast. Shane, as many have said on here, is a freaking psychopath! I think he's coveted not just Lori but Rick's entire life, for many years. I was glad when Rick finally killed him! I like Lori as portrayed by Sarah Wayne-Callies. I thought Lori and Rick really honestly loved each other and were a really beautiful couple. I just think the ZA screwed up her thinking.

ReeciePiecey likes this.
  19. GrimesGurl

Patron

Walker Pets:

Agreed, I did not find "baby Rick' all that hot. Once his hair started growing out and the Ricktatorship was in effect, that's when he became hot to me!

20. GrimesGurl

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I hated Spencer and every moment of screen time with him in it...I thought was a whiny, entitled, self important ass-hat.

Philly Girl and MrsG like this.