1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

What Happened and What's Going On

Discussion in 'Season 5' started by Armte, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Armte

Armte I Drink and I Know Things
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    Discussion for 5.9 begins here.
    Rick, Glenn, Michonne and Tyreese take Noah to his home in Shirewilt Estates with hopes of finding sanctuary, but what they encounter is something else entirely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Armte, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    Ms.J.Richonne likes this.
  2. Rhona

Rhona Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    This is one of my fav episodes. I was so upset Tyrese died but it was beautifully done. I thought the whole thing was so nicely shot. Intense. Quick. Emotional. It was done really well.

3. Ms.J.Richonne

Ms.J.Richonne Plotting to kill Negan
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I am watching this episode now and am all up in my feels. Ty had a beautiful death scene. This was a stellar episode.

BumpinGrimes, MrsG and ReeciePiecey like this.
  4. candi18z

candi18z Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    The episode is one of the best of the series. It is a heartbreaking and haunting episode. Poor Tyrese.

5. Ms.J.Richonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    This episode almost had me in tears it was so beautiful.

6. candi18z

candi18z Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    I had tears in my eyes when I watched this episode. The saddest part was right near the end when we are watching Tyrese die from his own pov. We see Tyrese stop fighting and finally accept his fate. Then he dies and Team Family buries him. The fact that we get to see Tyrese's death from his own pov makes the episode feel more personal. Because most deaths on TWD are done for shock value, but this episode was done in a more personal way. I wish that more episodes were done like this one was.

7. Ms.J.Richonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Exactly. When that single tear rolled down his face and he was looking at the sky, then he told them to turn off the radio I was all up in my feels.

BumpinGrimes, hewontgo and candi18z like this.
  8. BumpinGrimes

BumpinGrimes Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    I was especially saddened because a handful of episodes later, the group ends up in Alexandria. Tyreese would have loved that place and he was soooo close to walking through those gates with everyone else.

People clowned Tyreese because they thought he was too gentle, but I think that he was a man that knew how brutal this world could have made him and he was trying to hold on to hope. He was brave in that way.

And poor Sasha! With Bob and Tyreese's deaths so close together, no wonder she was a mess in the early days of Alexandria. When she is given the shovel, her whole body is limp, like she can't even begin to process any of it. Rick's sad and angry shoveling of the grave just tops it all off.