1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

What if Glenn DOES survive?

Discussion in 'Glenn / Steven Yeun' started by MamaGrimes, Apr 7, 2016.

1. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    For many of us, shipping Richonne and speculating on who would be Lucilled has consumed a great deal of our time this past season or two.

Now that we have some time to think about the future, I thought it would be nice to talk about what story lines could be explored for Glenn should he survive death once again.

[​IMG]

• What impact would witnessing the brutal murder of a close friend do to his outlook? His psyche?
    • How will he and and Maggie carry on? Is Hilltop in their future?
    • Will he turn his back on former non-killing ways or will he embrace the monster within?
    • In particular, I'm interested in the friendships he can grow with other characters, including Michonne and Jesus.
    • What would his survival mean for GN Maggie's leadership role on the show?
    Your wishes, hopes and dreams for Glenn are welcome!

2. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think his storyline will be affected by the fate of their baby. I think Glenn could be a good foil to Rick in terms of parenting and grappling with the hard decisions in life when it comes to protecting family. I also don't want to see his relationship with Enid dropped. They got the ball rolling and then switched to Maggie, which is fine, but I do want to see him continue growing closer to her so that she becomes their adopted daughter.

3. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I don't think it's Glenn. It would be too lame to still make him the victim after a cliffhanger. I he does survive, I really hope they do more with his character. I miss the witty, clever jokester Glenn that saved Rick's ass. I also want to see him develop relationships outside of Maggie and Enid. I think he would be an amazing leader at hilltop.

4. Gooey Goobert

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Man what I would give if they bring back his snark from S1. His first conversation with Rick leaves me in stitches.

lovingdead and MamaGrimes like this.
  5. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I want fierce Papa Wolf Glenn. I mean even if he hadn't killed anyone he's still been beside a man who has killed for his children for 2 years now. I would think that'd have some influence on him. You don't have to be "dark" or anything to protect your child. He could wrestle with being more accepting of killing but he'd do it to protect his child.

Now if they lose the baby then none of that would come into play but I still don't see him being able to fall back to his non-killing ways. Plus we've already got Carol's "I can't kill" misery so I don't want some kind of rehash of that.

I want to see him run the Hilltop with Maggie. Maggie can play the interior role and Glenn can control all the outside stuff. We've really seen him come into his own in S5 and S6, we've seen him "become a man" if you will and I want more of that because I really think he does have natural leadership abilities. I just have this beautiful vision of Richonne and Gleggie running these two communities, on equal footing, even though I'm sure Rick's Team Dad side would make occasional appearances.

And god damn it I want the Rick & Glenn friendship I've waited years for, but I'll probably only get that if Daryl is gone. Sigh.

6. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I feel like Rick and Glenn should be closer as well. I know Daryl is his brother, but can Glenn be like a cousin, haha. I mean Maggie is like a sister.

MamaGrimes and Clutterbuck like this.
  7. Ares

Ares A bitter bunker husband.
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron

Walker Pets:
    He won't

:troll:

8. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't necessarily want Glenn to become dark, per say, but his character needs SOMETHING to drive him forward. If Baby Rhee pulls through (hopefully) he will be driven by that baby. Keeping him or her safe and making a better world for his child will give him greater purpose. That will be his purpose, even more than just Maggie. If he needs to kill for that child, he will do it. This opens a lot of great dialog possibility between him and Rick, now that he will know first hand what it is to be a parent and what has driven Rick to do what he's done.

On the flip side, I imagine if Glenn does make it (please baby :jesus:) and if the baby doesn't :( that may be what propels Glenn into a fiercer life approach.

If it doesn't go so well for baby, T_T, then I see Glenn possibly flipping the script. All bets are off. Negan will pay, because not only did a friend of his get their head bashed in, but his child was lost and his wife had to go through losing their child. It's dark and sad, but it gives Glenn something besides just always being the good guy.

He needs something meaty.

9. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    If he lives, the baby is dead. I think Gleggie both will be gung-ho to get revenge on Negan but Maggie will be going off the rails and it's gonna put a strain on their relationship, but they'll pull together long enough for him to put another bun in the oven, and THEN die.

FLNatural likes this.
  10. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]
    I need this. I need Gleggie to run Hilltop like Richonne runs ASZ and Rick checks up on his protegee on occasion. Oh I need this...so badly....

I agree. A great deal hinges on the baby's fate. They've been building up Glenn's more weary cynical side since last season and I could definitely see them continuing his growth as an apocalyptic survivor. He will either be killing to protect his child or killing to avenge his child. But the Glenn in 7 will be following a new trajectory. And that is exactly what I want to see.

11. DanaiDanaiDanai

DanaiDanaiDanai Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I hope Glenn survives, one because I love my bae, but also because quiet as its kept, Maggie/Lauren Cohan is NOT interesting or engaging enough to take the Hilltop arc alone-especially if there's Hilltop bottle episodes in the future. I would love to see Glenn and Maggie and maybe even Abe and Sasha move to the Hilltop together. That's a bottle episode I may be able to get behind.
    Please :gabe::jesus:
    [​IMG]

FLNatural likes this.
  12. Gooey Goobert

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I love Maggie, and I can watch her everyday, but Hilltop will get boring really fast if only one member of TF is there. Maggie and Glenn would really make it interesting and give us a bigger emotional tie to that community. I think Abe and Sasha would also round things out there.

13. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I hope Glenn lives because he's Atlanta 5. I like his character. He's not my favorite but I do like him a lot. If he lives I want AMC to give him an actual story that's not so predictable, I instantly knew he didn't die and went to the dumpster...I'm very bored with the Glenn/Maggie story they're always getting seperated and then reunite and then seperate **yawn** Give us back the funny & exciting Glenn from S1-S2. The guy who was excited racing stolen sports cars...And give him a story outside of Maggie. And I pray they don't put him in no crazy situations where he beats death by a million walker herd again. It's been done. The way they write him lately I fully expect him to have superpowers and fly. There's a lot of dark people on the show and Id like to see Glenn stay good. When he killed his 1st living person it was sad. I really don't want Maggie to lose her baby bc I don't like seeing any babies or kids die on this show....I want them to be happy at Hilltop or ASZ wherever but just happy.

14. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I will love those writers forever if Glenn lives. Of all of TF, he was not broken by "the turn." He was just as traumatized, but it didn't break him. (That horrible night in the woods may break him...if the baby dies, he will be broken). The others: Rick, Michonne, Shane, Morgan, Carol, (Daryl, pre-ZA trauma), even Maggie, the list goes on, were broken in the aftermath of "the turn." I think Hershel even had to break a bit to let go of his ideas about the walkers.(Pretty Much...and Nebraska). It was sad to me also when he finally had to kill someone...but that baby is coming and he was all in for protecting his family. If he is still with us in S7, I want to see him become a leader in the same vein as Rick, but tempered by his connection to Hershel. I'm afraid their baby will not survive after that horrible night in the woods. This, too, makes me very sad. Glenn is going to help Rick defeat Negan. I do see Enid being their daughter, so he will have that as motivation, as well as, cold revenge. He is definitely influenced by Rick, but I want to believe Rick knows that and tries to switch off a bit when it comes to their relationship. I think Glenn thinks Rick can do anything (hero-worship--which is why Hershel was trying to ratchet killer Rick down some in that S4 flashback.)...that may change a bit after that horrible night in the woods. I could ramble on forever!
    I just want all the Atlanta 5 to stay with us. I don't think the show would be the same without Glenn.

15. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I see him more capable of leading Hilltop than Maggie rn

Katbird, FLNatural and zahira like this.
  16. FLNatural

FLNatural Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I thought I was the only person who doesn't feel it for Maggie/LC. She's nice enough, but she can't hold my attention. She's not engaging to me. AT. ALL. I really feel like she's still on the show because of her looks.

17. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Glenn must live

Katbird likes this.
  18. yuna

yuna Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I want Glenn to live I don't want to see Glenn go I want him to stay alive.

Katbird likes this.