1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta What if Noah didn't die?

Discussion in 'Characters & Cast' started by Motherdick, Nov 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Motherdick

Motherdick Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    I been thinking rick kind took Noah in as like one of his own kids , and its that one seen were Rick wakes up in the middle of the night and pulls the blankets back on Carl and Noah that makes me wonder what of Noah hadn't died would rick treat Noah as his own son

2. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That would have been interesting to see. I would have loved to have had a brotherly bond develop between Noah and Carl, and Glenn and Maggie were like his aunt and uncle with the way they were checking in on him at Deanna's party.

#2 Gooey Goobert, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  3. FLNatural

FLNatural Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I think he would. Rick's a protector. He can't help it. He's basically adopted all these people as his family so yeah, I'm sure he'd consider Noah one of his kids.

4. zombie_ronin

zombie_ronin Stay Salty Bi**h!
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    @NeeCee81 actually asked a question similar to this to Tyler James Williams at Walker Stalker ATL a few weeks back. Noah was close in age to Carl and we saw them playing poker together in 'Remember'. I think he would have become apart of Grimes Family 2.0 if he had lived.

Tyler said that as soon as he read in the script that Rick had done the caring act of throwing a blanket on Noah [and Carl], he knew his character was doomed. :lol:

5. winter

winter Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    They got rid of Noah too soon man...

6. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I am still not over it. But, Rick had already decided to look after Noah. He was a part of that Rainbow family Rick was building. It just broke my heart when he died. It pushed poor Rick over the edge. He was angry, but more hurt. Pain looks likes anger sometimes. (He (Noah) had so many ties to Team Family). Noah was a part of why he wanted Alexandria to work...making a place for the kids to call home. When Deanna was interviewing him, her observation about Judith and Carl deserving a place to call home is what swayed Rick to stay, to try. To Rick, that meant Noah, too. His Rainbow Family. I know that I can just get carried away, lol, but, if Noah had lived he would have been sitting right there in that beautiful picnic scene that Rick was holding in his mind/heart for all of them. His beautiful Rainbow Family within this larger rainbow that they all built and belonged to. (I'm doing it again; making myself cry.) Oh, Noah...missing him makes me miss Glenn even more. So sad.

7. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It would have been nice for Carl to have a big brother like Noah. I think Rick would have definitely taken him in.

8. Silas

Silas Beloved Side Piece
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    While I think Rick had the potential to do that, I really think Noah would've ended up spending more time with Maggie/Glenn for some reason. I have no idea why I think this other than Maggie pulling him under her wing at that party and Glenn going on a run with him? Gleggie and Noah were more on a "let's give this place a chance" kick and Rick was like "murrrrddeeeerrr!" so yeah, I think Noah would've gravitated towards them instead of Rick.

9. Butler36

Butler36 What?
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think there were hints that Rick and Michonne would have eventually adopted him as theirs. Noah seemed to spend a lot of time with Carl (securing the church together, playing cards, sleeping next to each other) and the fact that the big reason they went to Virginia was to take Noah home makes me lean towards Rick eventually wanting him to be a part of his family. Also the fact that Noah was one of the people who stayed in the house and Michonne held his shirt signalling that he lived with them also leads to this conclusion as well. He and Glenn were close but he didn't move in with Maggie and Glenn when they moved, he stayed with Rick, Michonne, and Carl.

But poor Noah.

10. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I remember that LMBO

11. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    I think there was potential for Noah to be integrated into the Grimes Family 2.0 but I also saw how he could have worked well within the Glenn/Maggie/Tara dynamic as well. To be honest, I am still not happy with Noah being killed off, his death completely negated the Grady Hospital arc and in a way Beth died in vain.

12. idcabtthisish

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    His death fueled Nicholas' man pain, which went nowhere cus he was a coward and committed suicide. #BringBackNoahAndHisArc (see what I did there) LOL

Buttons&Applesauce and box5angel like this.
  13. rlsatk

rlsatk Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Both Rick and Michonne had taken him in, he was living with them. We saw Michonne grieving his death, pulling out his t-shirt from the laundry basket in her room. It also comes up between Rick and Michonne in Conquer when she asked Rick why he didn't tell her about what was happening with Pete and his wife, he said "It moved fast. And then Noah." Though Rick was keeping stuff from her at that point, Noah's loss was specifically acknowledged between them.

14. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I loved Noah and still miss him.

Although, Noah would have been a part of Grimes Family 2.0, I could still see Noah and Reg getting close. Reg could have been a mentor of sorts. He's the one that motivated Noah to start that notebook and to think about/make plans for the future.

Exactly. :grumpy:. :sasha:

15. QueenofPeace

QueenofPeace hearts still beating
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I liked Noah. I actually even liked him and Beth together and I always disliked Beth so that surprised me lol. I also like the idea of Carl and Noah being buds/TF brothers. I do wonder what would have happened had he lived. I could see him being viewed kind of as a son by Rick, but also by Glenn and Maggie as well. He had a brotherly/sisterly thing with Tara too.

16. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yeah I think he would have become part of their family. Noah's death also contributed to Rick's break down. I think it was the straw that broke Rick's control of his paranoia. Looking back on it I think Rick was going to take care of Noah for a lot of reasons. Noah was essentially where Carl would be if something happened to Rick. He was out with his Dad when they got pulled into the Grady arc. I think the Grady cops probably killed Noah's dad because he was strong. His mom and younger siblings died without Noah and his dad to take care of them similar to Lori dying while Rick was away in the prison.

Plus Beth basically died trying to protect Noah so Rick wanted to honor her and through her Hershel by providing a life for Noah. Rick grew up with Shane as close as brothers so I could also see him wanting to give that to Carl by taking in Noah. There are so few kids in the Zpoc.

I could have also saw Noah with Glenn and Maggie or being taken in by Sasha or Tara eventually. He was cared for by a lot of the family.

17. idcabtthisish

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    All this Noah talk is getting me sad. I really did like his character. He would have fit in w/ everyone because he was so loved.

18. cgomes

cgomes Ricktator
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I liked Noah, it's like if he was already part of Team Family since the beginning... I wish he had survived.

Buttons&Applesauce likes this.
  19. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner
    I freaking LOVED Noah,and so incredibly saddened when he was so brutally killed. I thought he made a perfect Grimes 2.0 addition and it was apparent that Rick and Michonne really cared about Noah. He was living with them, hence why after his death, Michonne still had his tee-shirt in the laundry basket. She and Rick mourned him. Rick was definitely making a little rainbow family and it would have been nice for Carl to have another boy closer in age to him as a big brother to hang and form a brotherly bond with. Noah was ripe to be part of Grimes 2.0 and TF from the get go. I even liked him with Beth and thought they were adorable together.

I also LOVED the relationship with Noah and Gleggie/Tara. They really took a shine to Noah, and made him part of the family as well. You could tell that Glenn was broken up about losing Noah like Rick was. And Tara and Noah reminded me of siblings.
    They had a great vibe between them. I loved when Aidan was acting like a royal ass at AZ and how Noah and Tara backed Glenn up, and then Michonne, Daryl and Rick jumped in. A thing of beauty!!

And Reg would have been a great mentor to Noah if he had lived. He took a keen interest in Noah and saw that he had potential for many great things. Noah would have been awesome to still have on the show and I miss him so much. :(

20. idcabtthisish

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    THAT'S IT. I'm making an AU one shot where Noah lives. I can't