Discussion in '6x11: Knots Untie' started by tuswig, Feb 29, 2016.
Curious to know everyone's interpretation of the episode title, "Knots Untie"...
Was Jesus tied up in that room that Daryl and Rick left him in?
I think Jesus said "knots untie" when Rick asked him how he got out of that room.
I think it means a lot of the security that the group has built up over the last couple of months in the ASZ is starting to loosen and it's making them more vulnerable, to stuff... and thangs.
also Michonne has Rick tied up okay bye.
Jesus quite literally untied his knots.
I would say Abraham was trying to untie with his past/Rosita.
Hilltop cutting ties with Negan.
...that's all I got.
Rick taking off his trousers...
Oh wait, that's unbuckling, not untying.
Yeah, I just saw it as the general metaphorical untying of the past. The changes happening now and the ones to come after the choices that were made that day.
- Abe finding something unexpected in Sasha, seeing a fighter and an equal, and letting go of Rosita as signified by the broken necklace left behind (as if it wasn’t obvious enough.)
- Hilltop and Negan severing what little peace they had with each other.
- Rick’s words to Maggie about Deanna being right, and Maggie accepting her new role as a leader.
- The VERY unfortunate foreshadowing of a certain character’s doom with Maggie’s words “It’s gonna cost us something”.
- And of course, Rick and his conversation with Carl about Michonne. “This is different” - the way he looks at her and touches her is so gentle and loving, completely different from how he was with Jessie, and different still from what he was with Lori, as Michonne is his true equal, and a partner for the future. Old knots - old relationships, old systems, old roles, old understandings, for better or worse, are coming undone.
couldn't have summed it up any better.
Well said! Ok, this thread can be closed now lol