1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

What would've happened if Rick had killed Negan in the RV?

Discussion in '7x01: The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I'm referring to when Rick actually has a chance to kill him, when he returned with his axe the second time, he could've easily killed Negan that time for sure, but he didn't. Because that would've been stupid.

2. MsAntiSocial

MsAntiSocial Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I've heard this sentiment on a few podcasts and it seems like macho dudebro bullshit because no one explains what happens after Rick kills Negan. Does he drive back to the woods and use that machine gun to just start shooting Saviours and hope he doesn't hit any of his own people? These are the same people who were applauding Daryl for punching Negan and they're obviously not very smart.

3. Nerdgasm

Nerdgasm Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    What woulda happened? Everyone back with the rest of them woulda been killed. Then Rick woulda got it too. So unlike some people, Rick Grimes knows when it's time to bow out and not act out when other people's lives are on the line.

Armte and MamaGrimes like this.
  4. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I think they would have killed the rest of the group or killed some and took the rest to their compound. Then burn ASZ down to the ground.

Nope, not OOC of Rick not to have killed Negan. Like you said, he tried but failed. He was smart not to try again.

5. I'mStillWithYou

I'mStillWithYou Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    All of you have summed this up beautifully. Sometimes you have to admit defeat and concede, especially when there is no way out. Danai has said that Michonne did the math in that situation and knew that there was nothing she could do to change the situation and this is the same for Rick. I believe his promise to kill Negan was said because he still felt that it was possible, but post RV ride, he knows that he submitting is the only way for them to survive. In time, Rick will be like the well known phoenix rising from the ashes and what a sight that will be when in contrast with the state of affairs right now.

#25 I'mStillWithYou, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  6. Tyler

Tyler ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    So many people confuse a character progressing/developing with being OOC.

It's laughable. We've NEVER seen Rick in a situation quite like that so how can we say its OOC? It's not fucking rocket science. Even then we still saw Rick try and go for Negan.

We're seeing Rick being pummelled down in a way he's never been before, where he can't fight back or make a quick plan to overcome his enemy. He LOST. They've never been outnumbered and outgunned on this scale before, even Terminus doesn't compare. Negan has hundreds of people working for him, he's do dominating that he has OUTPOSTS. Forget the main base. Rick killing Negan would of fucked the group over so much more... and by more I mean they'd all die.

7. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    That is why it is funny to hear these keyboard warriors claiming they would have tried to kill Negan. Bitch you know you wouldn't, you would probably piss in your pants

8. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It never ceases to amaze me the ways that some people twist themselves into pretzels making whatever goes wrong into Rick's fault even if it makes no dadgum sense at all while giving others who are more culpable a pass on any and everything. SMH. How exactly was that going to work with him rolling up in the RV covered in blood -- because you know he would have been covered in blood. C'mon, it's Rick, lol! -- and stepping out and then what? Um, ok. TF would be dead, dead, dead. They had no weapons, and they were grossly outnumbered with two of their number in need of medical attention. That would have been end of show or we'd have the Carol and Morgan show spinoff because they'd be the only ones left.:assassin::morgan:

There was nothing else to do but submit, and even after being taken on the little RV joyride, Rick was still not totally submissive. That didn't happen until the threat to Carl came into the picture. The Saviors are not nice people. Yeah, some of them are there because they had no choice or are under duress, but they will still do what they're told, whatever that may be, but from what we've seen, most of them seem to take great pleasure in the killing and torturing of people with some of them laughing and don't forget taking pictures of their handiwork and posting it on their walls. No, as soon as it was apparent what Rick had done, it would have been lights out for everyone, and the Saviors would have regrouped with a new leader -- Simon -- and went on to the next community of people to bash someone's head in and take half their stuff. No, better yet, they would have just went to the ASZ and dropped off TF's bodies and let them know that they worked for them now.

balladsinthebluegrass likes this.
  9. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Exactly. As soon as that bat hit Abe in the head -- heck, even before, they would have been pissing and crying and saying, "Whatever you want me to do I'll do it." Sometimes this fandom makes my head hurt with all the double standards :tdog: Daryl tried it and look what that got them -- Glenn dead.:ahh: Don't even get me started:diedaryl::lucille2::chop::bang:

Canuckgirl likes this.
  10. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    And they're down two men, two of their best fighters. :(

box5angel likes this.
  11. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    The worst (and please Tisha Grimes this is not a slight against Carol) is people claiming Carol would have done something like take down Negan. Yeah, right! She would have been as f'edup as the rest of them.

12. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Don't you love arm chair quarterbacks, they are so full of it.

mellowalkerstalker likes this.
  13. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner

Dude, don't even get me started on the nonesense spewing from these "keyboard warriors" when confronted, they would not have done jack sh*t where Negan is concerned, and peeing in their pants. Calling Rick names, for being a LEADER, and submitting at the final hour for HIS family's survival. THIS is a real man no question about it. He knew when to throw in the towel, but even in the end, he gave Negan a brief pause because it took that much to break Rick, the cutting the arm off of his own son. They can have SEVERAL stadium seats with their ridiculous selves. :cautious: Rick tried and failed with Negan and submitted as the only way to get Negan to back off.

If he had killed Negan there would have been no turning back and TF would all be dead, Rick would be dead, and like someone stated above, the bodies droPped off at AZ, and AZers would be working for Negan. End of story and end of TWD..SMH....

#33 ALDGRichonneLover, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    LavenderNight likes this.