1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll When would you like TWD to end?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctor Grimes, Dec 29, 2016.

?

When should TWD end?

1. Season 7 (the current season)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Season 8

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Season 9

20 vote(s)
    37.7%
  4. Season 10

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
  5. Season 11

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Season 12

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. As long as they can keep it going!

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  8. It shouldn't have gone on as long as it has....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So how long do you think TWD has left in it? A season? Two seasons? Ten seasons?

For a while now, the producers have been saying they have this series mapped out until at least SEASON 12. Yowza. That's four more seasons from now!

Is that what you would like to see? Or would you like to see it end sooner than that?

2. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I said season 9. While that's super long, and, truthfully, this is longer than I prefer most shows to go, I think with where the show is now they need at least two more seasons to wrap it up sufficiently.

So, basically I think they need to start winding it down now. I love the show, but I can't imagine it has much life left in it. Shows aren't designed to go on as long as this one has.

Patty Ran, msbold1, tuswig and 3 others like this.
  3. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Taking Gimple's slow-ass pacing into account, Season 9 sounds about right. Get through AOW, kill Negan and shut the book. :rickgrin: I think if they want to revisit it some years down the line for whatever reason that leaves the door open enough to do that. Maybe if I say it enough I'll convince myself.

blackjack, msbold1 and MamaGrimes like this.
  4. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I want to say 10 because it's a cooler number to end on but I'm not sure there is enough content for the show, even if Gimple does drag it out.

AOW in season 8 and then time jump with an original villain in 9? Nah....AOW in 8 then the Whisperer War in 9. They need to end this with a solid storyline and not something watered down.

I really want 10 though. :denise:

Katbird and tuswig like this.
  5. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    I voted for season 11. TWD already produces seasons where the leads are missing from a 1/3 of the season. I am sure they believe they can survive with the original leads leaving the show.

Also TWD is currently AMC's only true hit and money maker. That means they will bleed this turnip dry until it truely is dead (ratings wise) and they have a new hit. Since AMC owns TWD they can do what they want with their property, unlike Breaking and Mad Men in which the Showrunners decided on the end date of their shows.

6. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I voted season 9.

All of season 8 could be AOW. In the beginning of season 9 there could be the time jump, then the introduction of the Whisperers, the Whisperer War and finally the conclusion for the rest of the season.

MadameCassie, msbold1, tuswig and 3 others like this.
  7. LavenderNight

LavenderNight Den Mother
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Season 9 seems good to be, with Andy and Danai possibly leaving the building at the end of it.

OR

Rick, Michonne and the kids disappears in the season 10 premiere, and the rest of the season is going be all about Daryl/Negan/Carol like they always wanted. :sadmaggie:

MadameCassie, msbold1, tuswig and 2 others like this.
  8. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner
    Season 9 for me. This way we can get to AOW in S8, kill Negan (I know he is alive in the comics, but come on!! He needs to go) and the intro of The Whisperers and Whisperers War. Andy and Danai are in it for two more years. I can't see them staying past that. I.can see Kirkman and AMC bleeding the show past S10 with the "stars" Carol, Darly and Negan leading the pack :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: with Carl if Chandler wants to continue, or maybe some Richonne offspring, but as it is, I just don't see how interesting the show would be. Besides, once Andy and Danai are gone, I am out as well. LOVE my TF but I started with Rick and will end with Rick and Michonne since I cannot see one without the other.

My other fave show The X-Files ended in S9 and they didn't have original source material, just great writers. I was happy with where they ended, it was definitely time to end it and then the reboot happened over a decade later. TWD can do this as opposed to running the show into the ground well past it's expiration date which I would hate to see happen. They could revist years later for an update.

#8 ALDGRichonneLover, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    msbold1 and Eliziane like this.
  9. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner

10. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Ideally I would like it to end by S8, but what I mean is at the end of AOW with the last episode being a time skip of sorts. No Whisperers Arc. I can do without that.

11. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It's going at least till 10 and I'm ok with that.

12. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I want it to end at the end of season 9 but I see AMC going for years more. Kirkman is talking about season 12 already.

I do think they think they don't need Rick and/or Michonne so AL & DG leaving wont affect them continuing to do the show. I'm out for sure when they leave, but AMC will continue to bleed the show dry. FTWD with 3M viewers is their 2nd highest rated series so they'll continue the origin until they can't sell advertising spots to make a profit. It's depressing to think about the show falling so low, but I'll be too busy watching and cheering on AL and DG in their respective thriving projects to care. :rickgrin:

13. TakemetoRick

TakemetoRick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I think 10 is a good number to end it. I have no idea what they are planning after the Whisperers, but I think I'm out at that point unless the walkers all just collapse and die due to the elements, lack of food and the fact they've been dead for 2 years already.

I think Negan is going to live for a long time. They built the jail cell. Trust me they are putting Negan in it. I think he actually makes it to the end of the series.

I think that the show is dead when Andy leaves. If Andy will sign on for 3 more seasons, then they'll keep going. When he is gone, there is no TWD.

msbold1 likes this.
  14. grimesthecrime

grimesthecrime Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I think the show should end in season 9 or 10. Forget the comics, figure out an end game, and then go to it. I know Kirkman and co have talked about plans up to season 12 and also wanting this to go on and on like Star Trek. But with the dropping ratings and opinions from fans, I really don't think they can go on indefinitely let alone 12.

For me personally, it depends on when Danai and Andy leave. I love Team Family, but those two are my reason exist with this series. I didn't know that both Danai and Andy's contracts end in two years tho!!! What a sad time for me.

15. TakemetoRick

TakemetoRick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I think that if Andy doesn't renew his contract beyond the next 2 years, then Danai wouldn't stay on the show either. Have the comics passed the end of the Whisperers yet to find the next villain?

Maybe I lack imagination, but I just can't imagine TF having to deal with another threat after they beat Negan and the Whisperers.

Katbird, msbold1 and MamaGrimes like this.
  16. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    After 7x12 will be fine with me, especially cus Ill probably die afterwards LOL.

Just give us a TWD movie to let us know how this all plays out

Gekari, Silas, hewontgo and 1 other person like this.
  17. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I would like TWD to end in Season 30 :)

Ricks-Secret-Girl likes this.
  18. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This show should end in season 9.
    8A - AOW
    8B - opens with timejump/Whisperers arc
    9 - rebuilding of civilization/ cure is discovered via children born post the outbreak :judy:

#18 tuswig, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  19. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    For me the show will end when Andy and Danai's contracts are up, which is season 9.

msbold1, candi18z and SweetDee85 like this.
  20. Silas

Silas Beloved Side Piece
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The show's last episode could be 712 and I'd be okay. Make S8 the last, take care of Negan, end of story. Go out with a bang(ish). Although I think they're past going out with a bang. I have villain burnout and have zero desire to see anyone else after Negan unless Shane's long lost twin brother, Shmane, shows up.

When I want it to end and when I think it actually will are two different things. I want it to end soon. I think it'll end in two more seasons, minimum.

idcabtthisish and hewontgo like this.