1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Where's my cough syrup: Bob Stookey Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Don't Dead, Open Inside' started by Kordas, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Our dear Bob. Seriously, who didn't like this guy?

[​IMG]

I was really pissed off at writers for taking him away so soon. Bob was just starting to develop and after the prison fell his optimism was such a nice change of pace from the whole rest of beaten down survivors. He was just happy to not be alone again. I'm bummed his alcohol addiction story never went anywhere, because I find a problem of dealing with an addiction in times like these a very fascinating one. I found his relationship with Sasha pretty cute. However, I'm happy he got a very good death. His "tainted meat" scene will always be one of the most memorable scenes in the show. Lawrence Gilliard Jr was one of the most capable actors on the cast and he nailed that scene. And I loved that he spent his last moments surrounded by people who loved him. That he didn't have to die alone like he was always afraid.
    I'm also happy Bob's words affected Rick a great deal. "Nightmares end. They shouldn't end who you are". Rick mentioned his last talk with Bob just before they reached Alexandria and he thought about what Bob said just before deciding what to do about Alexandria people.

Share your thoughts on Bob!

2. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Damn the writers for killing him off so soon. His outlook was a refreshing change. Much like Denise, he was easily likeable and had so much potential but never had the chance to flourish.

3. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I liked Bob too. He was a real sweetie with terrible luck. I could just imagine him loving ASZ he would have fit in really well and been instrumental in helping them adjust to their new environment. But alas we can have nice things (or people apparently D:).

Jessica and box5angel like this.
  4. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I really liked Bob too. The little positivity optimist game and his relationship with Sasha was so cute and sweet. Yes, I liked how Rick still thought about the things that Bob said to him.

5. Sasha's Living Room

Sasha's Living Room Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    somewhere with excessive air conditioning
    Sasha quoted Bob's "Self awareness is a beautiful thing" to Abe in 6A too.

I need a list of Bob sayings (preferably in GIF format actually). :bob:

Jessica and box5angel like this.
  6. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I haven't really watched 6A episodes (seen various clips but not full eps). I didn't start watching TWD until TNW, and the rest of 6B, and then catching up with other seasons on Netflix. So, I have to wait till S6 dvds come out or on Netflix.