1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Who should Jesus "get" with?

Discussion in 'Jesus / Tom Payne' started by Doctor Grimes, Aug 5, 2016.

?

Who do you want to see in a relationship with Jesus?

1. He's gonna stay uncommitted; Jesus isn't a man to be tied down to any one person

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. Aaron (after Eric tragically dies)

33 vote(s)
    46.5%
  3. Daryl (if it's revealed Daryl is not straight or asexual)

14 vote(s)
    19.7%
  4. Gabriel (because Gabe needs some loving and the jokes write themselves)

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. A rando or redshirt (maybe Tobin is a switch hitter!)

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Other (ex: Rick is gonna have a "come to Jesus" moment; Eugene may find women and men hot; etc.)

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. ... why do you keep writing men? Jesus is going to be straight in the TV Show!

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. I don't know and I don't care

11 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    @DixonGrimes made a funny comment in the Daryl & Rosita thread that Jesus has been "shipped" with almost every character in this fandom.

So, who do you think Jesus should end up with? What's your preference?

2. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I voted Father Gabriel, I think they'd be badass together. My second choice is Aaron if Eric dies.

If they chose to make the character heterosexual, I'd like him with Rosita or with Sasha as a close second.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  3. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'd be down for Jesus getting with Gabriel (if Gabe fancies men) or Aaron (if he loses Eric, though I expect it will take a while for him to open his heart again). I am fine with him being single/uncommitted as well (after all, relationships aren't everything).

I voted for Aaron though.
    Mostly because of how the comics are turning out right now.

4. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Aaron....I ship them in the fic I'm writing and I ship them on the show. Down the road, of course, after Aaron is done mourning Eric, who dies tragically this season. It's my head canon and I'm sticking to it!

They're both used to being out on the road. They're hot, smart, courageous and deserve the best.

Each other. :aaron::jesus:

5. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Your Aaron and Jesus scenes make my heart melt. I won't lie, reading Queen of Hearts had made me ship them.

Also...
    in the comics, it looks like there might be something going on there eventually, but maybe I'm reading into things too much... hmm...

6. forevermichonne

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Wow, because Jesus is such a cool and fairy new character his ship potential is sky high! I can see myself shiping almost all of the choices this season.

If he got with Aaron I feel like that would be seasons on because I'm not sure he would mobe on so close after Eric...

But I ship this the most (Sorry Eric!).

I'm kinda into Darus????????

QueenTee likes this.
  7. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Den Mother
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
  8. Lyra_Nation

Lyra_Nation Young, scrappy, and hungry
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    He's gonna stay uncommitted in the show. He might be with some rando, but I don't think his relationship(s) will be focused on.

9. Mullet of Denial

Mullet of Denial Drowning in an Ocean
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Definitely got that vibe from the comics as well.

I dig it.

10. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    A-A-Ron is the dream but something tells me if he gets with anyone at all it'll just be a rando. :ogg:

I'll never forget Resus Pieces though...

11. Jessica

Jessica Slopping Pigs
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Aaron seems most likely.. though I wouldn't be surprised if :buttermilk: swings both ways.

12. Silas

Silas Beloved Side Piece
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He's been on the show for like three seconds, I don't ship him with anyone yet. I haven't read this far in the comics either so I can't speak to that. Unfortunately at this point I think he's got the most happenin' with Daryl but I don't ship it. I'd be cool with him and Aaron but that's probably so far away. Have they even spoken to each other yet? I honestly don't remember. Eric would have to die first and Aaron would have to get back on his feet. So with TWD's pacing....season 12.

13. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't really care. I love me some Jesus and Tom, but I don't need another ship to think about. I've already got one that's making me question my sanity.

14. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    We are on the same page with this one @Caribbeanqueen11 . I would love to see Jesus romancing the priest out of his collar.

I haven't been a fan of this character, but his scenes in the SDCC trailer made me sit up a little bit straighter. I think he's going to shine in season 7.

I've also been thinking about Father Gabriel a lot these past couple of weeks. I really disliked him when he was first introduced, but he has grown on me so much that I think he comes in fourth behind Rick, Michonne and Carl as the person I'm most interested in seeing in season 7. My fear is that he'll replace Carl as Judith's babysitter, but if we also get to see his confused yet contemplative facial expressions as Jesus flirts with him, I'm in. Since Jesus already has that sly sense of humor, I could really see him being amused by Father Gabriel's skittish nature. I can also see him teaching Father Gabriel how to tumble.

My second pick for Jesus shocks me for two reasons: 1) I don't like Rosita; 2) I would like Jesus to be gay on the show.

But, man, if TPTB decide they want Jesus to be straight or bi, I think Jesus and Rosita could be hot together. Again, Jesus has this way about him that would work well with someone who is either skittish (like Father G) or tough and humorless (like Rosita).

If they go with a rando (and not a boyfriend he's already with), I vote for a Kingdom guy who has fantastic abs and likes to walk around shirtless.

I love Aaron, actually, but he seems too tame for Jesus. I also think it would take Aaron a while to get over Eric, if Eric died.

15. Sasha's Living Room

Sasha's Living Room Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    somewhere with excessive air conditioning
    Gabriel, Heath, or Spencer could potentially be okay with me, depending on how old they all are. I don't want to see poor Eric get killed off or heartbroken just to make room for:jesus:

QueenTee likes this.
  16. QueenTee

QueenTee Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Daryl or Aaron. Slightly leaning towards Daryl.
    I sense some tension between them :tea:

Autumn West and coffeebean like this.
  17. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Warming up to Gabe/Jesus, but in the comics I love the potential for Aaron/Jesus. I don't want poor old Eric to die for them though. More than likely Jesus will get with a rando who will be in this state of existing and not existing like Eric.

They better not make Jesus straight. :rickwtf:

18. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm calling it. Eric dies in season 7 and Aaron mourns through the time jump (isn't there a time jump somewhere? Maybe after AOW) and then he and Jesus get to know each other on a recruiting run. Come on people, work with me here!

Rando's cost money and we know the suits at AMC are cheap af. Hey, if you're paying Ross already, make him earn his keep. :buttermilk:

19. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    But, Mama, are you telling me you can't see Jesus gently pulling off Father Gabriel's collar and saying something clever (and shocking) about having a "come to Jesus" moment? (No offense to anyone who is religious.) And since I'm not religious, I can't even come up with a funny line but there have to be hundreds.

20. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I see Eric dying S8 assuming that's when AOW happens. He will be an unfortunate casualty of war.
    like his comic counterpart. :sadmaggie: If that is the case, I hope they speed up Aaron mourning. Preferably like you said, his mourning will take place during the time jump. I just need him to move on to sweet Jesus' arms a lot sooner than the snail pace the GN is taking. And yeah, let's kill two birds with one stone. Aaron can play Jesus' lover instead of a rando and poor Eric is out of the picture, so that's two actors they won't need to pay. Sorry Eric!
    Not gonna lie, part of the reason why I'd like Gabe/Jesus is for all the jokes that can come out of it. I'm not religious either, so some of you all better come up with them.