1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Who will get the Carl Arc? (Spoilers: Filming & Comic)

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by DixonGrimes, Apr 23, 2016.

Tags:
?

Who will get the "Carl Arc" with Negan?

1. Rick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Michonne

40 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Abe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sasha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Eugene

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Daryl

14 vote(s)
    21.9%
  7. Glenn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Maggie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Rosita

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Gabriel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Morgan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Carol

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  13. Aaron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Tara

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  15. Someone else

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  16. I don't know

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Who will get the "Carl Arc" with Negan? Feel free to post theories :)

ETA: Kirkman stated that Carl would not be getting his comic Arc with Negan. This poll was made to help us figure out who it will be :)

[​IMG]

image.jpeg
    Negan convo to Carl in the comic

#1 DixonGrimes, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Denie39 and zahira like this.
  2. DixonGrimes

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I feel like I have a lot of different theories really. And I may change my mind about 15 different times before October lol but I've done a process of elimination....

-Carol/Morgan are away so they're out.
    -I have a massive long winded theory on Dwight and I think Daryl is going to be busy on that story so I think he's out of the running. Plus he doesn't talk to half of TF, I can't see him have chit chats with Negan lol
    -Anyone super close/like in a relationship to the lucielle victim isn't going to want to talk to Negan
    -I think it will be a female, that eliminates the guys.

I think it could be Michonne only based on the way Negan looked at her but if they do this I don't want it to rock or interfere with the Richonne ship. I'll be very clear that I don't want Michonne and Negan hooking up nor would she ever do that, she is madly in love with Rick. i do think Negan would try to flirt with her
    because in the comic, he talks about wanting to sleep with her and she turns him down
    but that's it.

Syi and Denie39 like this.
  3. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Daryl unfortunately

4. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
  5. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I voted Michonne because a) that's what I want and b) it makes some sense. However, I'm almost positive it'll be Daryl who takes the story.

tuswig and michonne like this.
  6. AbsoluteTrash

AbsoluteTrash Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    It's probably going to be Daryl now which is so so so bad. Let's consider this, Daryl went off the handle when Denise died. So much so that he went looking for revenge, started drinking, and ignored the pleas of his friends.

In what world does he develop a respect for a character that is going to literally bash the brains in of someone he has known a whole lot longer than Denise? Even Aaron being killed should affect him more than Denise.

That being said, the writers are just going to give Daryl the storyline. I'm positive.

The truth is that none of the adults should have Carl's storyline because it would be terribly out of character. This storyline only flies when it's a kid/teen involved cause they are way more impressionable. And they have less time dealing with the world pre-Apocalypse.

Empress, tuswig, MadameCassie and 7 others like this.
  7. DixonGrimes

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

This is a really good theory!! It would make so much sense for the person to get the arc to not have witnessed Lucielle. I can't see really anyone in the line up wanting to talk to him after watching Negan 1st hand do what he did.

FLNatural likes this.
  8. zahira

zahira Ricktator
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Negan said that to who ? (in your spoiler)

9. zahira

zahira Ricktator
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    like i said in another post i think that gimple could give the arc of carl to Michonne. Michonne is a woman who does not need to be protected, she is strong. The opposite of the women of Negan. it would be interesting to show Negan feel great respect for her . i want to see him be fascinated by her behaviour .:flirt: :p

10. Niolle

Niolle Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    Carl.

vaberella likes this.
  11. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I voted for who wanted to get it , Michonne. I would really love it to be a share story between Carl and Michonne, instead of just Michonne getting it. But I'm not holding my breath for that or even Michonne being part of it at all.

#11 SevenStars, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    FLNatural, DixonGrimes and hewontgo like this.
  12. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Same. I have little doubt it's going to Daryl now.

Carl alone should get it. If not him, I will only accept if the women getting it. (Not Carol)

13. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I have no idea how they can swing it to be Daryl. Unlike GN Carl, a ten year old with one eye and a body count, there is nothing about Daryl that is a juxtaposition, at least nothing that Negan would interested in. Daryl is white male in good shape who is a fighter and killer, a redneck who can hunt and track; I'm pretty sure Negan has ten of those in his army. Unless Negan wants seduce him to get to know his gooey heart of gold, I just don't see it.

Enid would have skeevy Lolita implications, so I would judge them hard for going in that direction. Bethyl stans will be on board, I guess.

Michonne is the only one that makes sense to fascinate him: she's a black woman with a katana who, unlike 85% of that line up and 100% of the other women, is uncowed by him even in the face of death. And yes, it will be important that she's Rick's lover because Negan wants to fuck with Rick, keep him in line. Having Negan sniffing around his woman and his son, being "nice" to them but always reminding Rick that he can take them away from him at any moment, would do that.

I will actually piss blood if somehow it's Carol.

14. Carl

Screw all the other options, Carl shouldn't have this taken away from him on any level.

15. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Michonne makes sense for this reason but it confuses me how it would play out with the Holly/Andrea spoiler. The Holly thing would mean Negan does not know Michonne is with Rick. If Negan doesn't know who Michonne is to Rick or close to Carl, then it doesn't bode well for Michonne and Negan having much interaction.

16. zahira

zahira Ricktator
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    yes i was thinking the same

DixonGrimes and richonnelove like this.
  17. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Wow, your gif of Sasha and Michonne just brought this point home even more. Especially with what she is saying to Michonne - powerful foreshadowing beyond Richonne getting together.

Denie39 and zahira like this.
  18. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Holly/Andrea thing really isn't important in the comics. Holly was going to be captured anyway; Negan confusing her for Andrea only makes for him gloating for about three pages while Holly denies it. What ultimately happens to her was gonna happen with or without the mix up, so I bet they aren't going to do it. That, or Negan wonders if Sasha/Rosita (my Holly candidates) are Rick's side piece. It would be funny if he got angry on Michonne's behalf lol.

19. DixonGrimes

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Lol at those who said "anyone but Carol"...I literally thought the SAME THING LOL I can't do it. I need her to go to Kingdom and not resurface until 7.10 :lol:

tuswig, Tamanu and Denie39 like this.
  20. DixonGrimes

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    While I would be intrigued by Daryl lol ;)...I don't think Negan would. One reason I just couldn't see it is bc Daryl is so closed off, I can't see him opening up to having chit chats with Negan. While I would love the screen time he could get, It just makes so much more sense for it to be a woman in the arc. It's kinda an odd choice for it being Carl in the comic