1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Who will kill Negan?

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Barbarossa-TWD, Nov 25, 2016.

?

Who will kill Negan?

1. Gregory

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sherry

4.2%
  3. Carl

8.3%
  4. Morgan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ezekiel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sasha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Enid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Rick

66.7%
  9. Maggie

4.2%
  10. Carol

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Daryl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Spencer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Eugene

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Michonne

12.5%
  15. Father Gabriel

4.2%
  16. Simon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Daryl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Rosita

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Dwight

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Tara

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Yes, I know he is not suppose to die because he doesn't in the GN. But now we are seeing so many member of TF preparing for Negan's demise it is a fair question.

Who and why?

2. FLNatural

FLNatural Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    It better be Rick or Maggie. They deserve that. I'd even be OK with Daryl killing him as to avenge Glenn (since it was his fault). If TPTB give that glory to Carol to boost her already over inflated "hero" status, I'll lose it.

3. FLNatural

Walker Pets:
    So tired of hearing about the comic. The TV show is not the comic book. They need to actually use their heads and come up with something different. We're just not going to connect emotionally with panel drawings. We care about these characters which is why this show is as big as it is. Negan has to die. Anything else makes no sense. Try explaining why Rick & Co. butchered Gareth and his crew but would leave Negan alive. Rick would rip the throat out of Joe (who didn't actually kill anyone) but would spare Negan and keep him in a jail? That flies in the face of simple logic. My suggestion is that they kill Negan and Simon take over. I don't care for him either but he hasn't killed anyone we care about. He's only talked shit to Gregory which I didn't mind at all. And the guy (Steven Ogg is his name?) is a much better actor and the character is more charismatic (just has charisma, period). I could stomach Simon going into the war with the Whisperers...but not Negan. He has to go.

4. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I'll tell you who I think it will be:

Father Gabriel

FLNatural likes this.
  5. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I have not read the GN but watch some of these Youtubers one said that Negan in the tv series is going much harder on Rick and other communities than in the GN. If so then I agree that this is a different kettle of fish than the GN. We see Negan's approach as unsustainable.

This is why I don't like Kirkman and give Gimple his due. Kirkman justifies rape and slavery in the GN. He think by putting all of these "modifiers" in place that it makes rape and slavery ok. If the woman says yes, then it is okay however if she says no then most likely she will starve to death. If Negan only takes "half" of the communities provisions and provides them with "service" then it really isn't slavery. However, these communities would not live in fear and would be self sustainable without Negan.

You can't be a little bit raped or enslaved it is like being a little bit pregnant. So we have yet to see how they are going to portray "The Wives" however we have already gotten a glimpse of the slavery. Negan keeps taking and taking until the communities can no longer feed themselves and rebel. This is why they killed everyone in the Library and from the spoilers
    it looked like they were going to kill everyone in the Oceanside community that Tara finds

So yes, I agree there are no such thing as "Good Masters" the practice of slavery is an abomination and any one practicing it should be eradicated.

#5 Barbarossa-TWD, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  6. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That would be kind of awesome, and no one would see it coming. Everyone's expecting it to be a core TF member like Rick or Maggie. He could do one of his scriptures over him like he did that Savior at the outpost and then do the deed. Yeah, that would be epic:gabe2:

FLNatural likes this.
  7. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yep, he needs to go. I know we saw Morgan build the jail cell, but it doesn't necessarily have to be for Negan. There will be other people that will break the law or the rules along the way. And he is way more extra on the show than he was in the comics, so I don't see the argument of, "well, he's still alive in the comics" as a hard and fast thing for the show. As we've seen, they remix stuff all the time. I just don't see how Rick, let alone Maggie, Sasha, Rosita, Michonne, or Daryl let him live. And Judith is in the mix now, which is different from the comics as well. No way Rick lets him live if he threatens Judith. I just can't see him being redeemed or domesticated from what we've seen of him so far. He needs to be taken out like every other villain that they've run across who has tried to kill them, eat them, rape them, kidnap them, and has killed their family members. This dude has now done 100x worse than all of them put together. The only way I could see it being different is if they do, in fact, jail him but have a trial and everyone votes to execute his a**, which would still be the "right" or "civilized" way to do it instead of being just about vengeance or retribution, and the communities would make the decision, but he's still dead at the end of it all with like a firing squad made up of Rick, Michonne, Maggie, Daryl, Sasha, and Rosita. Heck, even throw Carl in there. Yeah, that could work:dienegan: Although at this point, I want somebody to use that bat on him or Michonne to turn him into one of her pets:michonneeye:

8. accioval

accioval Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I don't know if Father Gabriel will kill him, but you may be onto something there. I think that's the only person who truly TERRIFIES him.

FLNatural likes this.
  9. FLNatural

Walker Pets:
    Oh my gosh...a trial, him being sentenced to death and to die by firing squad full of our faves would be EPIC!!!!! Somebody tweet at Gale Anne Hurd (she'll get it done).

Barbarossa-TWD likes this.
  10. FLNatural

Walker Pets:

This post is perfection and explains why they have to change the story line and kill Negan. The comic book is not the TV show. The TV show is not the comic book. Doesn't matter if Negan is not as bad in the comic book or even if he was worse...a drawing does not provoke the same emotion as living, breathing characters we've come to care about for the last six years. It doesn't translate. They need to get rid of him.

coffeebean and Barbarossa-TWD like this.
  11. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    It's not really a spoiler but specuation. Fr. G. because it's been foreshadowed at the fantasy picnic. chess board Fr. G. is the Black Bishop which has a direct line of attack on the White King.

DarkandStormy likes this.
  12. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Rick.

It's the only way to restore his standing in the eyes of his community as the leader to protect them. Negan's challenge is directly to Rick, not TF. He uses TF as a barter against Rick. Rick is who Negan truly fears and why we constantly see him directly dealing with him as opposed to using his lieutenants and soldiers to deal with the other communities. The only reason Rick is alive is because Negan sees him as a challenge. A lesson to not only feed his ego but as an example to bolster himself amongst his own men. Remember, Rick and his group decimated most of the Saviors than every other group. He has to quell the questions, doubts, fears of those he lords over that there is someone else out there possibly better than Negan.

That is Negan's biggest weakness - his ego - and it will be his downfall. He met his match in Rick and wants to subjugate him to claim to himself and others, before he kills Rick, that he Negan is the biggest and baddest and best LEADER in town. After he toys with Rick for a while to show this off, he would kill him.

If the Whisperers story comes to the TV show, Rick is going to lead the other communities in the future into war against the Whisperers. Why would they follow him? Because he lead them to victory defeating their worst enemy before that - Negan.

13. DarkandStormy

DarkandStormy Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I voted for Rick because I'd like to see him establish his dominance after appearing so broken and submissive. In my fantasies, Shiva would tear Negan limb from limb ~ to get one in for all of the animal deaths on TWD.

14. candi18z

candi18z Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    It has to be Rick, because he is TF's leader and he is the one that Negan is most obsessed with. Negan has been focused on trying to destroy Rick ever since he got out of that RV. I agree with @richonnelove that Negan doesn't care about TF, and that he is only using them to hurt Rick. The only other person besides Rick who could kill Negan is Maggie, because of what Negan did to Glenn. But Maggie has to deal with her pregnancy and Gregory. So, I don't think that she will be able to get directly to Negan at this time. So, Rick has to be the one to put Negan down.

DarkandStormy and Barbarossa-TWD like this.
  15. DarkandStormy

DarkandStormy Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    After Rick kills him, I'd really like to see a "walker Negan". Some of the most startling walkers were main cast members ~ Sophia, Shane, Merle...even Milton. We were cheated out of seeing a walker Governor by Lilly shooting him in the head. I think JDM would make a fine walker pet! Then when that gets old, Shiva could rip him apart!

16. Bailey88

Bailey88 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    I believe the honor of killing Negan should go to Rick or Maggie for obvious reasons. I also believe jailing Negan might have worked in the comic but will be disastrous for the tv show. Most viewers would not be satisfied with keeping Negan alive so I hope Gimple and Kirkman recognizes this. If they follow Negan's comic arc this show will continue to lose ratings.

17. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I only really see 3 options: Rick, Carl or Maggie. Rick, because he is a fallen leader, and this whole fight is about 2 ways of leading. They have to eventually show RIck's way is better. Carl because of their special relationship (I also have a feeling Carl will be the one to kill Negan in the comics and Gimple likes to have villain deaths by the same characters), Maggie, beacuse of what happend with Glenn and to establish her as a leader equal to Rick.

Don't get your hopes up too much, though. I'm certain they are gonna keep Negan after the war. JDM already signed a multiple-year contract and Negan's death would change too much in the future arcs and Gimple is not gonna do that.

I hate that Gimple fucked up his character so bad. Gimple's "more is better" philosophy led to a place where there is no ambiguity whatsoever to his character (as it was in the comic). I really wish Kirkman got to write Negan in the show.

18. QueenofPeace

QueenofPeace Guts.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Honestly, as long as it's not Carol I will be happy with whoever from TF kills him. I just want Negan to die in the tv show. I refuse to accept him living on in the tv show. Of course if I could pick I'd choose Rick, Maggie, or Carl to do it.