1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Why does Ezekiel trust Morgan and Carol?

Discussion in '7x02: The Well' started by Belle, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Belle

Belle Perpetual notion machine - what if...
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Ezekiel seems to have placed a lot of faith in Morgan and Carol pretty quickly. Do you agree? Why do you supposed that is? What do you think Morgan did to earn a place in the inner circle already?

Nightmare and C-Ben like this.
  2. vaberella

vaberella Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Probably he heard of a hot samurai chick with dreds is in their crew and wants to meet her. :lol: :michomg:

In all honesty...there are some weak plots sometimes that make no sense. I still don't know how Rick made it out of the RV when he was surrounded by walkers and he killed those freaks with the babyfood. I'm just saying...I wouldn't picture Ezekiel falling fast for them.

Or maybe he could read people like Michonne. Kind of gut feeling thing.

C-Ben likes this.
  3. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I think it's because Ezekiel thinks they can be of some help with the Saviors in the future. Even though I do believe him in that scene where he says he doesn't want Morgan around because he thinks Morgan can keep killing Saviors for him, I still think it ties back into their knowledge of the situation and their experiences as outsiders.

And with Carol, it's because apparently he's attracted to other fake-it-til-ya-make-it superstars. :lol:

4. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, I think he's banking on Carol and Morgan helping him with the Saviors. I also think he seems the type to offer chances to people.

MamaGrimes and Canuckgirl like this.
  5. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Yep, I agree the last two posts. You asked a question, Belle, about the weakness of Kingdom civilians and this ties well with what's happening with Carol and Morgan. Zeke probably see they're hardened survivors unlike his people and could help teach them how to deal with the Saviors

Belle and MamaGrimes like this.
  6. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yup, I agree with all of the above. People are currency in the world they're living in as there aren't many of them left. While Zeke isn't giving into Negan at this point in time, building and fortifying his ranks is very smart as a contingency plan. I can also see him connecting to Morgan as someone who is trying to hold onto his humanity in a world that doesn't want to that to happen and then connecting to Carol as one bullshitter to another.

I'm thrilled that Carol and Morgan found this community as I think it's exactly the right place for them to be in at this time and I look forward to seeing more interactions!

7. ClassicWoman

ClassicWoman Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I agree with him looking at Morgan and sensing the goodness and the warrior in him. The effort they put into Carol...i dunno...it's tv lol I was like...let Miss Daisy go, shes capable.

idcabtthisish likes this.
  8. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I think he just has an intuition about what we already know: Carol and Morgan are alright.

Perhaps he thinks sometime in the future the Saviors might show they asses and he wants to grab up brave smart people for his side. I definitely don't think he wants to start anything, but he's smart enough to know that the Saviors, no matter how rule oriented Negan seems, cannot be trusted.